Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 06-02-2015, 03:26 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Settlement
08-01-2012, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 01:34 AM by Polen01.)
RE: Settlement
Can anyone Done the settlement case? Should I need to go to the Workers Comp Judge Here in California?
Can anyone Done the settlement case? Should I need to go to the Workers Comp Judge Here in California?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2012, 01:56 AM
you were correct all along AQA. good catch.
08-01-2012, 02:06 AM
1171, Thank you. Just looking to provide the right info if I can. In this case I am lost, I don't know ANYTHING about the great state of CA..

Polen01, My meds must be messing with me. I don't understand what it is that you are asking. Can you ask it in another way???? Thank You.

8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. Jesus died for our sins. Soilders died for our freedom.
08-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Polen 01 is that a total settlement.. and the $ amount is that for indemnity and future medical. In my state, if a person is going for an impairment rateing and has filed for a one time payment of a permenant partial disability...those numbers would only come out to a payment of 8000.00dollars...a lot less than what you have posted. In our state a total settlement is figured with a different formula than the way a permenant partial disability is calculated. Then the attorneys here get 33 percent of any and all awards paid out to a claimant.

Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED
08-01-2012, 01:17 PM
(07-31-2012 12:23 PM)Polen01 Wrote:  Thank's to all of you guys for the quick response! I appreciate !!My bad it's not SSD instead SDI,Because I'm getting 2 checks after my AME evaluation.From TD checks to PD when I start getting a PD checks I apply here in California for SDI and I got approve.My concern is after my settlement,the SDI will continue sending me a checks which is a part of my benefits.because I cannot go back to my old job anymore.I don't know what's going to happen after I will gave up all my future medicals?Thank you! all

SDI will stop when you have reached MMI or permanent and stationary.
you don't have to give up your future medical coverage; you can just take the PD checks and leave the medical open with the carrier.
08-01-2012, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 03:55 PM by Polen01.)
(08-01-2012 01:17 PM)1171 Wrote:  
(07-31-2012 12:23 PM)Polen01 Wrote:  Thank's to all of you guys for the quick response! I appreciate !!My bad it's not SSD instead SDI,Because I'm getting 2 checks after my AME evaluation.From TD checks to PD when I start getting a PD checks I apply here in California for SDI and I got approve.My concern is after my settlement,the SDI will continue sending me a checks which is a part of my benefits.because I cannot go back to my old job anymore.I don't know what's going to happen after I will gave up all my future medicals?Thank you! all

SDI will stop when you have reached MMI or permanent and stationary.
you don't have to give up your future medical coverage; you can just take the PD checks and leave the medical open with the carrier.

IF I leave it open my medical its gonna be forever? So I cannot get any Lumpsum money at the end.
(08-01-2012 12:40 PM)Cervical_Fusion Wrote:  Polen 01 is that a total settlement.. and the $ amount is that for indemnity and future medical. In my state, if a person is going for an impairment rateing and has filed for a one time payment of a permenant partial disability...those numbers would only come out to a payment of 8000.00dollars...a lot less than what you have posted. In our state a total settlement is figured with a different formula than the way a permenant partial disability is calculated. Then the attorneys here get 33 percent of any and all awards paid out to a claimant.

It's that $8,000 You are trying to say sir! I have a hardware L5 S1 and I'm still treating with my physician .But the Insurance want's to settle the case as soon as possible.
08-01-2012, 05:56 PM
(07-31-2012 12:23 PM)Polen01 Wrote:  IF I leave it open my medical its gonna be forever? So I cannot get any Lumpsum money at the end.

lifetime treatment for the injury. still controlled by MPN docs and Utilization Review procedures.
you can ask court for the PD $$ be paid in one check.
it's called a 'commutation'.
08-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Hi, i'm a 23 year old male in north Carolina. On may 23rd, 2012 I was injured on the job. I was on a ladder helping out a coworker when I turned and hit my left eye on the ladder. I reported the incident as soon as it happened and was sent to the clinic. The doc at the clinic sent me over to an ophthalmologist where he confirmed that I had a RETINA DETACHMENT! He said that I would need surgery the very next day to reattach the retina, so I got the retina detachment surgery the very next morning!! Since then, I have had plenty of eye appts and two injections in my eye! Today is August 2, 2012 (3 months since the incident) and the doc released me saying that I will never regain peripheral vision ever again and I still can't see anything but light!! I have an attorney but have not been updated on anything!! The surgery was almost 24000 dollars. Will I be receiving a settlement, if so, how much and when will the process start?! Any help please
08-02-2012, 06:29 PM
tnicholson2 - Please start your own thread as that way you will get some responses... Also please add your state to your profile as well..

Others will respond in aid to your question as I personally have no experience but once again all states are different...

Thanks and welcome to the forum!!