Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 06-01-2015, 11:20 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DISCRIMINATION COMPLAINT WITH THE EEOC
09-05-2007, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2007 11:04 AM by ksgirl.)
DISCRIMINATION COMPLAINT WITH THE EEOC
HAS ANYONE EVER FILED A DISCRIMINATION COMPLAINT WITH THE EEOC/ADA.HOW LONG DOES THIS PROCESS TAKE.WHAT WERE ANY OUTCOMES THAT HAVE TAKEN PLACE BETWEEN YOU,THEM AND EMPLOYER.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS SUBJECT!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2007, 02:36 PM
RE: DISCRIMINATION COMPLAINT WITH THE EEOC
I just filed mine last week, and I'm sure it will take awhile..if I hear something soon, I'll let you know...

no where to hide
09-06-2007, 01:12 AM
stiffnecked Wrote:Yes, I filed one of the first ones under the ADA back in 1993. Good luck cause you'll need it to get it to go anywhere.

You may also wish to contact the U.S. Department of Labor. They administer a variety of Federal labor laws including: laws that guarantee workers’ rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and Workers’ Compensation. You may reach them at:

U.S. Department of Labor
http://www.dol.gov/
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20210
Toll Free: 1-866-487-2365

If you have further questions or wish to discuss this with a customer service representative, please call 1-800-669-4000 anytime between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday. If you are deaf or hearing impaired, the TTY number is 1-800-669-6820.
Sincerely,

Terri Irelan
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Phone: (800) 669-4000
TTY: (800) 669-6820
Email: info@ask.eeoc.gov
http://www.eeoc.gov
I just received this from EEOC and http://www.dol.gov/is a good idea too...good luck

no where to hide
09-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Ok, EEOC and labor Boards most work together, only on is State, the other State and Federal. now, if you have a case and can prove you point well, you don't need an Attorney. For it's plain black and white, and the Laws and Rules apply.

If you win, which if they allowed you to file the complaint, they already think you have a case. This is the truth.

If they find you employer violated your rights, they get (a slap on the hand) for first offense, and maybe a $100.00 punishment fine, and they go on record.

Once you win, you then will be sent a letter in the mail. On the bottom of the letter it will say this.( We the undersign found employer to have violated your rights under section (whatever) and here by AWARD you the right to sue.)

Now the above means you won, so then now you need an Attorney, if you are going to sue them. You now also need to know, common settlements are only $10,000.00. So caution yourself. Attorney gets 30% or 40% of that. If your case makes it to court, and you an your Attorney showed you tried proper legal negoations, you go forth with a trail, and then the jury or the judge awards you an amount for settlement. Now, we all now, the legal system allows either party to an Appeals. And that can go back and forth for years depending on how much money your employer wishes to spend for an Attorney costing them $500.00 per hour. If the employer wishes to pay and make a stand, they will continue to fight the settlement.

In general words, if you want to make your point and prove you won, that is about all you may get if you don't fight back. But remember, not one sole really knows that you proved your point but us. but all in all, it will make me proud to see and hear you proved your point.

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
09-06-2007, 04:30 PM
THANKS BADBOY,STRAIGHT TO THE POINT,JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT.I HAVE ALREADY BEEN THROUGH THE INTERVIEW STAGE AT THE EEOC OFFICE AND HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM IN ABOUT TEN DAYS,WHICH IS A GOOD THING.THE INTERVEIWER SAID THAT IF THEY DIDN'T THINK I HAD A VALAD COMPLAINT,THAT I WOULD HERE FROM THEM USUALLY WITHIN THREE DAYS,SO I THINK I MADE IT THROUGH THAT PART OK!!!!
09-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Yes, it does sound like the first stage has been done. Sometimes if they think you don't have a case, they will tell you so from the begining also. But since yours went past the waiting period, you will now be sent a letter to go to your employer and try to work things out. Then you send in a form stating problems were solved or not solved. That is also only sometimes though. Then you get a letter after the complaint was made to have your first Arbitration hearing, where you and they employer show your facts. Mostly the employer will say very little, hoping the case goes no further. But if it went to that point, it will continue on, trust me, I've been there. never get nervous, for you have nothing to lose at this point. Just make sure you always bring your paper work and fact findings with you. It's kind of a simple process though as you will soon see. I go in with the (NO FEAR) attitude. Seems to keep my mind better focused then. Never try to force the Arbitrator into a decission, let them just do their job, for they do it better then us that made the complaint. Stick to your facts, and all will be just fine.

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
09-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Hey Truckster,
Good Luck on your ventures!
Prayers for you, Lilly Big Grin

Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
09-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Lilly Wrote:Hey Truckster,
Good Luck on your ventures!
Prayers for you, Lilly Big Grin

THANKS LILLY,I MAY NEED THE WAND ON THIS ONE!!!!!Wink
09-07-2007, 09:04 AM
BB,DO YOU THINK IT WILL HELP WITH THE FACT THAT I SENT MY EMPLOYER A LETTER ASKING FOR REASONABLE ACCOMIDATIONS ON 8/29/07 AND RECEIVED A TERMINATION LETTER YESTERDAY 9/6/07...WHAT A COINCEDENCE HUH
09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Truckster!! What A-holes!
Go get em grrrrrrrrr !
Waving my wand for you!! Lilly

Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kansas State Board of Healing Arts has signed an investigator in complaint Bummer Knees 0 3,116 03-07-2011 12:05 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Filing a complaint Bummer Knees 14 6,919 11-20-2010 11:03 AM
  Discrimination? mfena0720 5 2,264 02-27-2010 09:44 AM
  SEARS LOSES $6.2 mil WORKERS COMPENSATION DISCRIMINATION LAWSUIT 1171 3 9,677 02-12-2010 10:23 AM
  Complaint... Bunch_of_injuries 10 3,584 09-17-2008 08:59 AM
Last Post: dawnadawna2
  Discrimination? One day at a time 35 10,080 08-06-2008 10:52 PM
Last Post: jayne
  discrimination charge queenbee 4 1,681 09-25-2007 09:44 AM
Last Post: Truckster
  discrimination against an injured worker Guest 37 13,137 05-20-2007 01:14 PM
Last Post: Guest