Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Benefit Check
I have been trying to reach my attorney but he has been in court all week. My check is five days late and it is never late. Just curious as to why and should I be worried? This is PA.

(06-15-2012, 01:40 PM)heynow Wrote: I have been trying to reach my attorney but he has been in court all week. My check is five days late and it is never late. Just curious as to why and should I be worried? This is PA.

I'm not sure how that works out exactly.. For a/b a month I got mine on Thursday, then a/b 1 1/2 months getting on Friday.. Now the past 2 weeks I've gotten on Saturday. And didn't get one today ( Friday ) so I assume I'm now on Saturday schedule?

I know that they have alot of claims / etc, etc. but this is our "money" so to speak and I definitely expect mine on a timely basis as I'm sure they get their money on a timely basis..

I hope all goes well... I would definitely stay on top of my attorney and find out b/c maybe there is something you should know..

Thanks. Just annoyed, my attorney sends me an e-mail and says he call me by 1:30 Eastern and he never calls. I finally call him around 3:30 and the office is gone for the day. Gone for the day? Send another e-mail and nothing. Now I have to wonder what is going on over the weekend. Very frustrated.

As long as its there by the date on the check they're all set even 5 days late my lawyer wouldn't do anything, trust me i tried. So when you get the check look at the dates its for

Good news is my lawyer got back to me...bad news still no check

(06-16-2012, 03:32 PM)heynow Wrote: Good news is my lawyer got back to me...bad news still no check

Have your lawyer call and find out what's up! Mine as usual laltely showed up today ( Saturday ) was getting on Thursday's for a while then Fridays now Saturdays.

Anyways that is what your lawyer is / will be getting paid for is to represent you do just have him call and see what is up!

(06-16-2012, 08:17 PM)hurt back Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 03:32 PM)heynow Wrote: Good news is my lawyer got back to me...bad news still no check

Have your lawyer call and find out what's up! Mine as usual laltely showed up today ( Saturday ) was getting on Thursday's for a while then Fridays now Saturdays.

Anyways that is what your lawyer is / will be getting paid for is to represent you do just have him call and see what is up!

When he got back to me via e-mail, he said he called and spoke with a substitute adjuster who assured him there were no issues or problems with my claim. He assumed the check would arrive on Saturday. I am to call my lawyer and let him know either way on Monday. I love having to pay my mortgage out out of my savings account.

Five days late isn't anything to worry about. My WC IC tries to use that as a way starving and bankrupting me out, I haven't received a check since 1-2-12. It's been turned over to the TN labor board but the IC's attorney keeps stalling waiting til deadline for filing responses then asking for extra time, then depo's, then IME, FCE, ext... Keep good records of late payments so if you ever have to go to labor board you can show a pattern.

Plus they have to pay extra if its late

(06-17-2012, 01:13 AM)awcurl Wrote: Five days late isn't anything to worry about. My WC IC tries to use that as a way starving and bankrupting me out, I haven't received a check since 1-2-12. It's been turned over to the TN labor board but the IC's attorney keeps stalling waiting til deadline for filing responses then asking for extra time, then depo's, then IME, FCE, ext... Keep good records of late payments so if you ever have to go to labor board you can show a pattern.

This sounds like a nightmare. How do you keep your sanity? I know in my case five days is no big deal but I guess when you get your check on time every time for a year and all of a sudden it doesn't show-up you get worried. I know by law they just can't stop paying me but in the back of my mind I worry a little bit. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  benefit denies path62 12 1,204 04-29-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: path62
  Is it too late to file a WC claim? HeyJill 10 1,470 03-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Last Post: HeyJill
  Florida WC insurers benefit, injured suffer teryble1 9 3,751 09-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Last Post: 1171
  benefit review conference texaswy 4 4,047 02-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  PTD checks late all the time. GA. Cathy 2 3,588 04-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Milo
  Too late to reopen?? Lruss 1 2,638 01-06-2012, 01:58 AM
  late report of injury bevett 3 7,662 11-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
Question Is this a benefit? Maryland mdssweety 3 4,690 07-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Last Post: mdssweety
  WC benefits are subject to UI benefit offsets.(Louisiana) huey42 2 4,499 06-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Last Post: huey42
  Can recoup wage benefit after 2nd opinion? Ladyslipper 6 7,153 02-09-2010, 02:52 AM