Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steroid Injections
delete please thanks billy

Hello,
I have the exact injury.I also suffer from constant pain in my hips and down my left leg and loss of bladder control .I couldnt believe how similar our cases are.I just went through my first round of injections.Personally it didnt work for me and I have no relief at all.I have heard everyone has different effects from the injections.I know alot of people that they helped for a short time,some that had complete pain relief for many months and then some like myself that it didnt help at all.Its hard to predict what they will do for you.I hope they are successful in treating yor pain and you finally get some relief!Good luck to you!

Different people react differently to meds.

I had a few. They were a two part injection. Part was steriod and the other part was to remove scar tissue. The relief was minimal.

Just curiuos, what is the dr/s. explaination in reference to the issue with the head aches??? I understand the issue with the urination, hip and left leg.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I've had three injections at t-11 with little to no lasting benefit. They helped pain for a few days then pain was back to being as it was previous to the injections.

Mine flares up like that also.My doctor basically told me that I will probably end up having surgery.They always have to try other noninvasive techniques first such as the physical therapy and the injections to see if they help first.My next step is the epidural injection which I am not looking forward to.I am very frustrated at this point and just want some relief.Good luck on Monday! I am curious to see if the injections help you so let me know if you can.I might even try them again if they do.Feel better soon.Take care!

delete please thanks billy!!

Before I give you my thoughts on the question you asked, I would like a litlle more info. If possible.

By now I am sure your did your research on DDD. and you know that 30% of people between the age of 30 and 50 have it. You also know that when people over the age of 60 have an mri. It is common for DDD to show up.
A great deal of people have DDD. However; they do not have your symptoms. HHHHMMMM?????? That is were the question comes into play.

What was the injury?? What happened?? Am I correct with the assumption that you had an mri?? If so, was it open or closed??? have you had any other exams or tests performed??
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Have you thought about getting a second oppinion???? HHHHMMMM???

In my mind, something still does not sound right. I am by NO means an expert in reference to the spine or spinal cord. I only have my own experience in reference to my injury. My signiture (below my post) state my surgeries.

In reference to your first question. I had the injections AFTER the exploritory surgery. They were done by my pm dr.. I did not care for the injection (being stuck with the needle). I had minimal relief. That is what led to the SCS.

I had the emg/ncv (nerve study) before my second surgery (the fusion). Which was before the injections. The more I think about. It makes sense why I got the injections when I did and why you are getting them know.

Did you by chance get a copy of your MRI and report??? I know, that you being a very astute WC victim. That you have copies of all your medical records. Right????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  epidural injections for herniated disc? nurse83 22 36,149 04-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Last Post: pattik1130
  Steriod Injections for Herniated Disks ib neck casual1 0 3,139 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Last Post: casual1
  Anyone have Trigger Point Injections? NVworker 10 16,987 09-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Last Post: nana62
  can steroid injection make you worse.. sand3rd 7 31,397 06-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  What results can I expect from epidural steroid injections bagpussinamerica 10 20,155 10-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  steroid injection davidgary 4 4,726 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  Epidural injections bronco54501 35 19,191 07-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Injections tomorow bronco54501 15 8,376 05-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Stumpy
  Facet joint Injections tpm 23 12,028 06-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Last Post: tweety00
  Botox injections Calico 3 4,586 10-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Last Post: sparkey