• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
carpal tunnel. dont know what to do...
I Live in Salt Lake City , ut...Hi, i was told that i have bilateral carpal tunnel caused by repeditive jackhammer use. i been on workers comp for about a year and just recently started a new job. I go for open surgery on my hand in a few days. i contacted attorneys but still dont get the answers im looking for. i need to know if i can get a settlement of any sort (besides what workers comp pays for hours missed). I have constint pain in my hand and wrist. also if i persue a settlement i need to know how to do this? I dont even know where to start. the lawyers ive talked to use words i dont understand lol... klbala3324

WC doesnt pay for pain and suffering, hopefully surgery helps the pain but you can settle with money for future medical treatment in an account set up for that

to find out basic information about work comp benefits for those in Utah go here
http://www.laborcommission.utah.gov/medi...EGuide.pdf

there are additional disability benefits available for those that are left with permanent impairments.
this has to be determined from medical evidence.
you need a medical opinion that you have permanent impairment and the report must be suitable for rating.
an impairment rating is used to determine the duration of permanent disability benefits.
these benefits can be settled.

Thanks for the advice. So today the adjuater told my doctor that they want aa second opinion. Goodness, how many second opinions do they need. I've had the electro test done, what ever its called, where they stick all types of needles in me wrist, hand and arm using a machine with squiggly lines. And proved I have carpal tunnel. And now they want a 2nd opinion. So if I wanted to drop workers comp how do I start a settlement to end workers comp with a payout? Not sure how to do this
(05-01-2012, 04:48 PM)klbala3324 Wrote: Thanks for the advice. So today the adjuater told my doctor that they want aa second opinion. Goodness, how many second opinions do they need. I've had the electro test done, what ever its called, where they stick all types of needles in me wrist, hand and arm using a machine with squiggly lines. And proved I have carpal tunnel. And now they want a 2nd opinion. So if I wanted to drop workers comp how do I start a settlement to end workers comp with a payout? Not sure how to do this

Adjusted*
(05-01-2012, 04:48 PM)klbala3324 Wrote: Thanks for the advice. So today the adjuater told my doctor that they want aa second opinion. Goodness, how many second opinions do they need. I've had the electro test done, what ever its called, where they stick all types of needles in me wrist, hand and arm using a machine with squiggly lines. And proved I have carpal tunnel. And now they want a 2nd opinion. So if I wanted to drop workers comp how do I start a settlement to end workers comp with a payout? Not sure how to do this
[quote='klbala3324' pid='143984' dateline='1335905312']
Thanks for the advice. So today the adjuater told my doctor that they want aa second opinion. Goodness, how many second opinions do they need. I've had the electro test done, what ever its called, where they stick all types of needles in me wrist, hand and arm using a machine with squiggly lines. And proved I have carpal tunnel. And now they want a 2nd opinion. So if I wanted to drop workers comp how do I start a settlement to end workers comp with a payout? Not sure how to do this

Adjuster*

from the link i gave you
.... any workers’ compensation claim can be settled with an employer / carrier upon the approval of the Labor Commission. NOTE: A full and final settlement generally means that future benefits will be replaced for a sum of money.

contact the adjuster.

Thank you.

Please make sure you receive the medical you need for the carpal tunnel. I've had bilateral carpal tunnel surgeries, now I need bilateral surgerys on the tumbs and other joints.

I worked as a teacher for many years, before that I worked in accounting.

Your medical is the most important issue with work comp.

What do i say to the adjuster?

You do know that if you settle and take cash instead of opting to do future medical you will have to pay out of pocket for any future medical needs on those hands right? Any surgeries, meds, doc appts... All out of pocket.

You may want to wait Until after your surgery to discuss possibly settling.
I live in CA, it's not always sunny... And the Workers Comp sucks! Smile

Thanks. Ya I plan on waiting to see how the surgery comes out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carpal tunnel Against multiple employers Cb3 3 904 01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Cb3
  Do I need to file-Carpal Tunnel novelty718 2 1,231 08-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Last Post: novelty718
  Carpal Tunnel Claim rufus 12 4,832 03-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Carpal Tunnel/Trigger Thumb in South Carolina Amarie1121 5 3,599 08-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Amarie1121
  What happens if you dont settle your claim? cluffey 5 2,709 10-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  dont want workmans comp lucy mann 5 2,885 08-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Help? I dont know what to do rwoodruff1973 1 2,321 12-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Carpal Tunnel Rick Barnes 2 3,402 08-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Rick Barnes
Rolleyes Please help dont know what to do ghosthunter69 4 3,136 04-04-2011, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Rolleyes Pain in the neck...arm...Carpal tunnel...etc!!!! lefty 10 13,472 02-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Last Post: BooBoosNeck