Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
our family

A member of a certain church, who previously had been attending services regularly, stopped going. After a few weeks, the pastor decided to visit him. It was a chilly evening. The pastor found the man at home alone, sitting before a blazing fire. Guessing the reason for his pastor’s visit, the man welcomed him, and led him to a comfortable chair near the fireplace and waited.

The pastor made himself at home but said nothing. In the grave silence, he contemplated the dance of the flames around the burning logs. After some minutes, the pastor took the fire tongs, carefully picked up a brightly burning ember and placed it to one side of the hearth all alone.

Then he sat back in his chair, still silent. The host watched all this in quiet contemplation. As the one lone ember’s flame flickered and diminished, there was a momentary glow and then its fire was no more. Soon it was cold and dead.

Not a word had been spoken since the initial greeting. The Pastor glanced at his watch and realized it was time to leave. He slowly stood up, picked up the cold, dead ember and placed it back in the middle of the fire. Immediately it began to glow once more with the light and warmth of the burning coals around it.

As the pastor reached the door to leave, his host said, with a tear running down his cheek, "Thank you so much for your visit and especially for the fiery sermon. I shall be back in church next Sunday

you can sub this forum for the church and you will relize how very much this place and you all mean to me without all of you I would flicker and die thank each of you so much and you admin for helping us all to burn brightly.((((((kiss)))))))
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne you don't usually use a lot of words, but when you do....wow...what a message. Thank you.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
That was absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for the inspiration, it gave me a lot to think about!!Wink
Absolutely beautiful!!!

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

I agree with the others, Beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing Smile
Thanks Jayne!! I've read that before...it's never bad to relay such and important message...is it? That story brings something to light that has much to be considered!!
Thanks again for that wonderfully beautiful story!! Keep up the good work!
Punk   :0)
"If I were any better....I'd only be half as good as you!!"
awsome!! it makes you stop and think doesnt it?
Do on to others as you would want them to do on to you
WOW!!! Right back at you sweetie
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile

That was so beautiful.
Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.