Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Let's cheer this place up...
monster Wrote:DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

The  umbers chosen in order were:

and our winner is...

CHRISCHRIS with the number 24

Congrats ChrisChris.  Please PM when you have a chance and let me know if you would prefer a cutting or plant (I think plant would be better if you have never grown these before).  Please also let me know what color of Red, White, Yellow and Pink would be your most favorite and I will let you know what I have in that color range.  Congrats again!!!

Yahooooooo CHrisChris! And you are going to name your plant...GThe Monster Special right? LOL
Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

Big Grin 
ChrisChris,
Congratulations on winning the flower contest. I wanted that plant so bad I could taste it. Hey, I only missed it by one number as I had picked 25. Makes me feel could to be close to the winner. Again, congratulations and enjoy!
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

Big Grin 
Monster,
Thank you for the game......it was fun and exciting to watch for the winner. It was certainly something nice to look forward to and we all appreciate your efforts and also the donation of your plant cutting. Thanks Again and take care!
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

Glad you enjoyed it MJC.

Oh goodness I've done it again. For some reason when MJC said she "wanted this plant so bad she could almost taste it" I realized...THESE THINGS ARE FULL OF LATEX...

If you are ALLERGIC to latex these plants ARE NOT for you!!! It seems I'm never going to learn, as I know a lot of you are allergic to latex and I forgot all about it.
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

ok ok! I've made my decision, kinda sorta! Monster, my choice is Pink, and I don't care light or dark or hot. It will be named "The Monster" in honor of you dear sweet Monster, and as suggested by Babe. Pink will go with my blue house.

Did I tell you guys about my house painting in October? I can't remember if I did. Well, we had a neighbor offer to paint our house in trade for automotive repair, so long as we bought the paint. Yeah! It was a win/win situation.

We were on our way out of town that night to a family emergency, stopped at Home Depot, and picked up a shade of what looked like slate blue. Got home late late that night and left it outside for the painters.

Well, after 5 p.m. the next day when I was rounding the corner to my house, I saw a crowd gathered in front of my house, and OMG, my house was the BRIGHTEST shade of blue you can imagine. So bright you had to squint unless you had sunglasses on.

I got out of my car and immediately the neighbors started in on how gawd ugly it looked and certainly, we weren't serious? (it was almost halloween -- LOL) Then, my husband got home. All we could do was stand there and laugh. I was so embarrassed, so we drove to Home Depot and picked up some more paint, and paid to have it repainted the next day! The funny part was when we went into our back yard. Our beautiful Red Lab had masking tape all over her face and when we removed it, it left a perfect line of Bright Blue Paint. Her body was also covered. The dog painting was free! We are still being teased about our choice of colors!

Monster, let me know if you need any more info from me. You know my name, rank, and serial number!
Let Go, and Let God......

Dear ChrisChris,

Since you decided on pink but couldn't narrow it down, I chose the largest plant that I had ready to go. It is about 18" high from the soil line and has two tips. It has lots of new growth and is almost ready to go to its new owner. I did not have a chance to pick up a box today and I have school all day tomorrow so the soonest I could get this mailed would be Wednesday. PROBLEM: I don't think it would make it to you before the weekend and I don't want it to sit at the PO in the heat all day Sunday. Would you mind if I mailed it next Monday morning? Sorry to make you wait, but I want it to arrive nice and healthy. If you would like I will go ahead and mail it on Wednesday it's your decision...

Here is a pic of your plant. please excuse my messy house...

[Image: th_IMG_0038.jpg]

It will be bare rooted and probably stripped of leaves. This way it will not be as stressed when you get it. The leaves will grow quickly so don't worry, it will look like a normal plant again very soon.

Hugs,
6.0 monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Congrats chris!!!!! Monster you are truly a peach...what an awesome thing you did to help bring everyone back together again!!!
Always love your cubs unconditionally...they are a gift from God and someday they'll pick your nursing home!!

Monster...You are just to AWESOME! Know may I ask...how many of these flowers do you grow? inside? outdoors? How many different varietys do you have? They are just beatiful. Do you have a favorite? color? Do you grow any other flowers beside the plumeria and sunflowers?......

Chris and Red will have to let us know how they do at grow them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Threatened at work place, a friend bodybuilder1958 5 4,515 11-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  we need to cheer up jayne 136 71,995 04-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
Big Grin Recipe's for Easter, place here.. Bad Boy Bad Boy 4 3,715 04-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Last Post: red1030
  A computer garden to cheer you up! monster 23 13,464 04-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Last Post: RNvic
Smile some morning cheer bronco54501 0 2,675 11-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  work place safety on pbs collateraldamage5591 13 7,222 01-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Last Post: CRABBY
  A place to get things and give them....... Sithie 2 3,055 12-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Last Post: red1030