Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations Wisconsin Workers!
you now have another chance to support your fellow employees and take out the Governor, Lt Governor, and other state legislators that have been trying to roll back your rights.
Good job on the Recall.
I hope other states that have declared war on workers get the message.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Pressing the like button!

To be specific, they have been rolling back government worker rights, including those of my sister, who is a teacher in Madison. I have long considered her employment and health benefits to be over the top and virtually unsustainable. What they have in Walker is a person finally speaking for the private citizen and taxpayer.

We'll see how the state feels with the results of the recall.

(01-18-2012, 10:35 AM)admin Wrote: To be specific, they have been rolling back government worker rights, including those of my sister, who is a teacher in Madison. I have long considered her employment and health benefits to be over the top and virtually unsustainable. What they have in Walker is a person finally speaking for the private citizen and taxpayer.

I would gladly support walker and the rollback of worker rights when they also start rolling back executive compensation, and corporate influence and rights as well as the tax incentives for financial institutions.

it's got to cut both ways.
right now they are deregulating the big, rich guys and gouging those on the lower end of the pole.

they will take them out of office for their bad, unfair, and undemocratic behavior.

so while they are cutting the taxes on the wealthly 1%, they are not going to be allowed to screw the middle class and specifically the only remaining power the unionized workers have regardless of whether those benefits are too good in your eyes.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

so who is supposed to pay for these union rights? the unemployed?cuz there isnt a whole lot of employed people out there who want to pay those kind of wages for them when its more than they get.....I will watch and bet it doesnt go as far as you bet it does there just isnt the money.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(01-18-2012, 01:40 PM)1171 Wrote:
(01-18-2012, 10:35 AM)admin Wrote: To be specific, they have been rolling back government worker rights, including those of my sister, who is a teacher in Madison. I have long considered her employment and health benefits to be over the top and virtually unsustainable. What they have in Walker is a person finally speaking for the private citizen and taxpayer.

I would gladly support walker and the rollback of worker rights when they also start rolling back executive compensation, and corporate influence and rights as well as the tax incentives for financial institutions.

right now they are deregulating the big, rich guys and gouging those on the lower end of the pole.

they will take them out of office for their bad, unfair, and undemocratic behavior.

so while they are cutting the taxes on the wealthly 1%, they are not going to be allowed to screw the middle class and specifically the only remaining power the unionized workers have regardless of whether those benefits are too good in your eyes.
Specifically, which "big rich guys" is the Walker administration trying to deregulate in Wisconsin? I was not aware of that. I thought the whole point was to reduce government expense, thereby avoiding layoffs and/or increased taxes.

(01-18-2012, 03:02 PM)admin Wrote:
(01-18-2012, 01:40 PM)1171 Wrote:

I would gladly support walker and the rollback of worker rights when they also start rolling back executive compensation, and corporate influence and rights as well as the tax incentives for financial institutions. the battles maybe state specific but not the movement or the goals.

Specifically, which "big rich guys" is the Walker administration trying to deregulate in Wisconsin? I was not aware of that. I thought the whole point was to reduce government expense, thereby avoiding layoffs and/or increased taxes.
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financial...0S9KG1.htm

deregulation, tax cuts and anti-unionism etc are national agendas; just as the big-moneied interests that support them funnel $$ nationally.
see the big picture-they are related.

Great article. Those changes are long overdue. Laws have not kept up with technology, and getting regulators noses out of the way and letting marketplace pressures come to bear is the way to go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fishing in Wisconsin bronco54501 4 3,138 05-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  White deer of Northern Wisconsin. bronco54501 2 6,598 04-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Bronco, And Wisconsin Big 10 Tuffy 2 2,201 03-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  WOW! Congratulations, ladies on your making the cover of PC GAMER MAGAZINE! Wink 17 6,275 02-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jayne
  From tuffy only in Wisconsin!!!!!! CRABBY 6 2,015 01-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Last Post: red1030