Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSDI exam coming up
I've gathered all his records we have at the house. I also gathered print outs from the pharmacies showing the amount of meds he's on. My only concern at this point is that the reports aren't in yet from the work history dr or the psychologist he was sent to by his attorney. His treating psychologist has offers to help in any way he can...even testify for wc. Should we get a letter from him or something? He has sent the medical records in.

Mediation that was scheduled this month is being postponed due to the fact these reports are not in. Then they have to go back to the dr who did the IME. The rating he gave did not include the psychological portion in the rating so he will need to review it all and adjust the rating accordingly. It would be nice if he was approved for disability. I don't want to take any chances.

We will be honest. We have no reason to lie. I waited almost the full yr since his accident to make sure he was actually disabled before applying even though it was obvious earlier but too overwhelming for him take on at the time.

I do expect to be denied the first time. I always hope for the best but plan for the worst.

Have you told your treating Dr that you are going for SSDI? they are your best friend for getting this as they will be the one that fills out the paperwork they pay attention to the most.My PCP and I sat down and discused my going for SSDI before I filled out the paperwork he was the one who told me to go for it.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

He doesn't really have a treating physician. He had his drs from his surgeries and when reached MMI wc sent him to the one he saw once and refills over phone every 12 days. He has a psychologist he sees. He has treated him for the depression. He's tried to go in so he could get his pain meds changed but dr said no. His last dr appt was in april with his surgeon and then about a month later a appt with pain dr wc sent him to. He went to a dr just to get a primary dr but that's it. He never went to the dr before he was hurt and hasn't gone since really. Just to drs the attorney has sent him too. I'm sure these would be good reports to have, but they arent in. Just the IME report without the psych portion. His psych tho is very willing to help with anything.

All the drs should be aware he's applied. They have all sent the records in. We listed all of them. Even the work history and psych who's appt's were pending...at time we filled at the disability paperwork.

Always have copys with you lady bug just in case they dont have a copy of that Dr. I have faith you will be just fine.

I just wanted to wish you good luck! We just started our application in early December too for SSDI. Now that our workers comp case is settled and our 3rd party trial is over we figured might as well apply. We just sent in our questionnaires on Monday so hopefully thats the last bit of info they need...

Mom how did that 3rd party suit turn out?

(01-12-2012, 11:41 AM)jayne Wrote: Mom how did that 3rd party suit turn out?

The jury found the defendents (driver/company) were 100% negligent, they found no fault on my husband.. they also found his negligence caused the accident so we won! We also had a unanimous decision from the jury, it took them 8 hours to decide but we later found out they had decided with minutes on the negligence it took them most of the 8 hours to determine our award. The company appealed the decision in December so now we go through the appeals process but our lawyer says he doubts they will get a new trial, as he put it they just want another bite at the apple and truly do not believe that they are responsible. It was a very long and emotionally draining process, we found out during trial they had us followed, which was very disturbing considering my 5 yr old daughter (3 at the time) was in the majority of the video and I had no idea anyone was following us. My husband said he didn't care about the money as much as he wanted to hear someone actually say this was not your fault.

Thank you for asking...

glad it came out okay for you.....

Mom2twokids that's good to hear. The attorney told us a couple months ago he was not waiting till the wc case was settled to file. I think they are in the process of filing the 3rd party case now. He found out info he was pretty excited about and even gave us a guess-timate but I don't even concern myself with it. It would be wonderful but I'm sure a appeal will happen as well. I hear about being watched and figure they may try and watch him at some point. They'll have to watch close as he rarely leaves the house. Dr appt or to pharmacy is it.

We filed for his disability beginning of October. Still not even close to settling wc, at least I don't think so.

(01-12-2012, 06:37 PM)ammowoman Wrote: Mom2twokids that's good to hear. The attorney told us a couple months ago he was not waiting till the wc case was settled to file. I think they are in the process of filing the 3rd party case now. He found out info he was pretty excited about and even gave us a guess-timate but I don't even concern myself with it. It would be wonderful but I'm sure a appeal will happen as well. I hear about being watched and figure they may try and watch him at some point. They'll have to watch close as he rarely leaves the house. Dr appt or to pharmacy is it.

We filed for his disability beginning of October. Still not even close to settling wc, at least I don't think so.

Ammowoman - Our 3rd party was actually filed in December 2009 and our trial was October 2011 so a little under 2 years and probably another year on the appeal... Our WC settled in May 2011 so we didn't wait b/c there is a time limit you have to actually file the papers.. Our lawyer said we couldn't go to trial until our WC was settled, not sure why?

Good luck!! It's been a long process but I would do it again...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Independent medical exam rating question Schwing 3 1,888 06-21-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: 1171
  UnBiased? EXAM JohnDoe 6 3,265 10-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  occupational permanency exam angel1954 2 2,095 09-24-2015, 11:11 PM
  FCE Exam JohnDoe 6 2,837 09-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  Functional Capacity Exam marinechamp 13 9,808 08-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  qme exam billaker 8 6,066 01-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Question EDD request for IME exam lizdawiz82 2 4,264 11-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Independent Medical exam after case closed georgia-back 14 17,326 10-03-2011, 12:19 PM
  Independent medical exam Adk98 16 14,534 09-11-2011, 06:59 PM
  compell to attend Ame exam notagain 1 4,382 02-22-2011, 11:50 PM