Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PETITION: DOR FILED - MSC
PETITION: DOR FILED - MSC what does this mean?

Mandatory Settlement Conference
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

so this means that the insurance company wants to settle?

not necessarily.
the court requires both parties meet and attempt to settle before they will put the dispute before a judge at a hearing.
it's not required that the parties settle.

Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Defense has filed a DOR (Declaration of Readiness) to request a date at the WCAB (workers comp advisory board) for an MSC (Mandatory settlement conference) A required conference to discuss settlement prior to a trial.

You will receive notice of when and where the MSC will be held. Your attendance is required. However, at the MSC you will sit in a waiting area and be available should your attorney need to talk with you.

Both the defense attorney and your attorney will sit somewhere and look at your case. Any issues will be discussed between them to try and negotiate a settlement. When the attorneys are finished with their business, your attorney will fill you in. If they have agreed, you will be asked to agree to the terms of the stipulation agreement they wrote up. If you agree, both attorneys will then take the agreement to the judges chambers. The judge has the final authority in all settlement agreements.

If an agreement wasn't reached between the attorneys, a hearing date will be scheduled.
Let Go, and Let God......

(12-30-2011, 12:12 PM)1171 Wrote: not necessarily.
the court requires both parties meet and attempt to settle before they will put the dispute before a judge at a hearing.
it's not required that the parties settle.

Thank you. My husband filed a claim and then was fired, the Insurance company denied my husbands claim after 90 days, he went to an IME and they released him back to work, not sure what the percentage was, now they have the hearing in feb... I have no idea who filed for the MSC, My husbands attorney is hard to get answers from...

Is it possible to tell just from the below whether the OTOC entry is there because the case settled?

Event general description // Detail description // Event date

OTOC // HEARING DISPOSITION: OTOC // 05/22/2014

DOR FILED // PETITION: DOR FILED - MSC // 03/27/2014

APPLICATION FILED // PETITION: APPLICATION FOR ADJUDICATION FILED // 09/13/2013

If not, how can I find out more about why the matter was ordered taken off the calendar?

Call an I&A officer where your case is located. They can look things up and should be able to advise you.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

no, the reason for the OTOC is not listed. you could go to the board and look at the file and see who/why requested the order.

P.S.you should start your own thread and not create a zombie.

Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wrong diagnosis at ER, then my company filed on this. athump 2 501 10-22-2017, 01:01 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  I filed 3 business days ago... their carrier wants to talk already! Good or bad sign? AMSchmitt79 6 2,621 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
  DOC FILED, NOW WHAT? scorpio1731 4 1,431 02-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Last Post: scorpio1731
  Petition To Re Open Shadow 12 5,313 10-29-2015, 01:42 AM
  Petition and Order to Take Off Calendar dav87 4 2,637 07-31-2015, 03:38 PM
  Petition and Order to Take Off Calendar dav87 0 1,099 07-30-2015, 11:15 PM
Last Post: dav87
  Motion's filed maxxer2012 1 1,525 10-19-2012, 01:50 AM
  Settlement/motions filed/ maxxer2012 1 1,930 10-19-2012, 01:48 AM
  why only 2nd injury filed for benefits 2 x injured 4 3,464 09-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Last Post: 2 x injured
  Just filed a workmans comp claim my hands hurt 7 8,661 11-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Last Post: LeglEgl