Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$2000 for injuries
I don't know why a lawyer would say you don't have a case but I can get you this and it is nothing cause you have medical bills and need some way to live I am feeling under represented. Why would this be a issue 30 mins before court and you are dismissed.

I am thinking my lawyer did not get the deposition from my doctor due to the fact of price, and is just using the one from the IC doctor. I don't feel I am being helped and should find someone else. Of course their doctor will make sure you look the worst you can pulling up every past thing that's not good. Making you feel worse then your lawyer goes along with it WTF!

You can change lawyers at any time - the fees will be shared among all attorneys representing you.

You also might want to post some more details, so that others might have a better understanding of what your problems are.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

you don't depose your own physician; a deposition is usually taken of the opposing physician.
as LeglE said contact some other attys.

without knowing your state and the issues involved with your case there is not much to offer.
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(12-11-2011, 06:10 AM)beingtakendown Wrote: I don't know why a lawyer would say you don't have a case but I can get you this and it is nothing cause you have medical bills and need some way to live I am feeling under represented. Why would this be a issue 30 mins before court and you are dismissed.

I am thinking my lawyer did not get the deposition from my doctor due to the fact of price, and is just using the one from the IC doctor. I don't feel I am being helped and should find someone else. Of course their doctor will make sure you look the worst you can pulling up every past thing that's not good. Making you feel worse then your lawyer goes along with it WTF!

(12-11-2011, 12:47 PM)1171 Wrote: you don't depose your own physician; a deposition is usually taken of the opposing physician.
as LeglE said contact some other attys.

without knowing your state and the issues involved with your case there is not much to offer.

I am in Michigan

sounds like your atty didn't do much before your court date.
without evidence supporting your issues of course you don't have a case.
you need medical opinions supporting your work injury and disability.
if you don't have them, you need to find an atty that will get it.

more work comp in michigan:
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/wca_PU...5317_7.pdf
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(12-11-2011, 03:06 PM)1171 Wrote: sounds like your atty didn't do much before your court date.

I have a doctor that has had me off since Jan 2010. My atty sent for paper work, but it would cost 150.00. I have been struggling to go to the doctor for quite sometime because I have no insurance. I have proof that I even contacted MIOSHA because of the chair I fell out of. I have a letter from my doctor stating I needed cushions in July 2008, they did not get cushions until 2009. They are still using these chairs as of today. These chair are free rolling and would rock from side to side. I once tried to go to the clinic for my Carpel Tunnel and I was basically interrogated by HR, after that I never felt they would be of any help to me. So I did the best I could without trying to complain and made to feel like I was making up things. I thought your lawyer would send you to a doctor but I guess it cost money that he did not want to spend. I also remembering him getting me 3000 20 years ago for a knee injury. I as starting to have many doubts about him since he is a small time lawyer. Right now I am becoming even more depressed, because I am not lying about the pain I have daily that is not making me be able to work.
:
(12-11-2011, 03:55 PM)beingtakendown Wrote:
(12-11-2011, 03:06 PM)1171 Wrote: sounds like your atty didn't do much before your court date.

I have a doctor that has had me off since Jan 2010. My atty sent for paper work, but it would cost 150.00. I have been struggling to go to the doctor for quite sometime because I have no insurance. I have proof that I even contacted MIOSHA because of the chair I fell out of. I have a letter from my doctor stating I needed cushions in July 2008, they did not get cushions until 2009. They are still using these chairs as of today. These chair are free rolling and would rock from side to side. I once tried to go to the clinic for my Carpel Tunnel and I was basically interrogated by HR, after that I never felt they would be of any help to me. So I did the best I could without trying to complain and made to feel like I was making up things. I thought your lawyer would send you to a doctor but I guess it cost money that he did not want to spend. I also remembering him getting me 3000 20 years ago for a knee injury. I as starting to have many doubts about him since he is a small time lawyer. Right now I am becoming even more depressed, because I am not lying about the pain I have daily that is not making me be able to work. Sad Before I worked there I could briskly clean a home daily without feeling like I had been run over with a truck, now if I do that I am down for 2-3 days if not more.

(12-11-2011, 03:55 PM)beingtakendown Wrote: I have a doctor that has had me off since Jan 2010.

Is that a Dr. being paid for by WC ?

Quote:My atty sent for paper work, but it would cost 150.00.

Ridiculous. If the Dr. is treating a work injury on a WC claim, you are entitled to copies of all medical reports BUT you only get them free of charge through the WC carrier, not the Dr. Your attorney should know that.

Quote:I have a letter from my doctor stating I needed cushions in July 2008, they did not get cushions until 2009.

If that was a legitimate work restriction, you should have refused to return to work. Your TTD would have continued if the employer could not or would not meet those restrictions.

Quote:So I did the best I could without trying to complain and made to feel like I was making up things.

That doesn't do much for your WC claim. It is not your Employer's responsibility to make you follow the restrictions, it is yours. You've pretty much demonstrated to them that your injuries were not as severe as you claimed.

Quote:I thought your lawyer would send you to a doctor but I guess it cost money that he did not want to spend.

The attorney doesn't pay for medical examinations or treatment, WC does. You are sent to a Dr. that WC wants you to see. After 10 days, you have a right to change to a Dr. of your choosing (in Michigan).

You need to go here: http://michigan.gov/wca/0,4682,7-191-27210---F,00.html

Read up a bit.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Occupational Disease case settled in 2000 need medical treatment littlefoot2020 2 4,956 07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Maxi
  workmans comp said they over paid me 2000.00 mikendee46 1 4,296 10-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Last Post: 1171