Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MPN Conflict of Interest?
Feedback is much appreciated.

How is it that the WCB of California ALLOWS health care employer's physicians(partners) to treat injured workers who are also employed by the same company??

Has anyone's attorney succeeded in receiving authorization from a judge or claims adjuster to go OUT of an MPN in California?

If so, for what reason(s)?

the employer is liable for comp benefits; it makes perfect sense if they can afford it.
if they are self-insured, they provide the disability benefits directly and have adjusters and attys on staff to manage the cases and the litigation.
all in-house and most efficient.
every state allows self-insurance and it is encouraged wherever economically feasible.

there has certainly never been a law preventing it. there is no law that requires the policyholder to act against their interests.

there are no records kept of such requests.

don't confuse workers comp with health insurance; it is the employer's policy, their claim, their costs, their benefits, their job.
i
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

the employer is liable for comp benefits; it makes perfect sense if they can afford it.
if they are self-insured, they provide the disability benefits directly and have adjusters and attys on staff to manage the cases and the litigation.
all in-house and most efficient.
every state allows self-insurance and it is encouraged wherever economically feasible.

there has certainly never been a law preventing it.
there are no records kept of such requests.

don't confuse workers comp with health insurance; it is the employer's policy, their claim, their costs, their benefits, their job.
[/quote]

1171- THANKS for clarifying WC vs Health Insurance.
If I were an employer I would definitely want WC claims handled economically and efficiently and for my employees to recieve the best possible care.

be careful of absolutes--that's difficult to achieve when you are in that position.
most need to balance the whole business and the livelihood of all the employees against that which maybe benefit only a few.
it's very difficult to give injured absent workers the same consideration as those they see at work everyday. short-sighted but understandable.

you can change to any physician within the MPN at any time.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Penalties and interest Cookiecrum 1 4,035 10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Disability Payment from V.A. does it conflict with OWCP payment ky8ztz 1 2,601 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Last Post: ky8ztz