Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the people answering the questions on this site, adusters, atttorneys ?
Timothy Belt Wrote:I am an attorney, but I was referred to this forum by one of my injured clients. I have serious doubts that anyone would be able to use one of these posts to identify a specific file unless your bio info is specific enough to nail down one individual. If my participation makes the rest of you nervous, I am willing to leave the forum.

No don't do that. It helps to have someone one who can give the attornies side of assistance. I must admit that when I first started posting here I did wonder if my employer would be reading and take umbridge, but I just keep reminding myself that I accidently found this site. And besides. It is true. What have we to worry about. We have had a work place injury and we need to be able to talk to others who can work through the system with us. I am one of the newbies and I am already find wc difficult.

Personally I have to say that it would be very easy to become paranoid here. My sister emailed me and told me not to do anything the doctor said not, under no circumstances since the wc sent people out to spy. Initailly I closed my curtains. Then I thought, what the ****. What are they going to see anyhow? I am crawling on the floor most of the time. I give them extra points for getting that close to my windows with my dogs watching full time. No, I don't believe that we need to be so paranoid. We have enough to worry about without mistrusting what we see here as well.

frustratediw Wrote:It is unfortunate what this system can do to people. Some get angry, some get fed up, some get depressed, some are afraid and some get paranoid. I would venture to guess that all who are injured and in this system for any length of time have had all of these and many more emotions. I know I have. We cannot help but to let them out sometime. I say better here then somewhere else. Lord knows I have had my share of tantrums, outbursts and tirades. Those of us who are injured and fighting a system that is adversarial by nature and usually stacked against us understand this or at least we should. Usually on these boards along with knowledge we are able to find at least a bit of this understanding and compassion which we don't always get in other places. If on occasion someone needs to vent that's ok. Those few that come along just to rile us and stir up trouble are easy to ignore if we so choose. That is not to say we should ignore all who simply don't agree as long as their disagreement is civil and has at least some basis in factual information. OK I'm done with another of my little rants. But as I said I'm entitled because I am injured and dealing with this crazy system.

Hear!!! Hear!!!!

bagpussinamerica Wrote:
Timothy Belt Wrote:I am an attorney, but I was referred to this forum by one of my injured clients. I have serious doubts that anyone would be able to use one of these posts to identify a specific file unless your bio info is specific enough to nail down one individual. If my participation makes the rest of you nervous, I am willing to leave the forum.

No don't do that. It helps to have someone one who can give the attornies side of assistance. I must admit that when I first started posting here I did wonder if my employer would be reading and take umbridge, but I just keep reminding myself that I accidently found this site. And besides. It is true. What have we to worry about. We have had a work place injury and we need to be able to talk to others who can work through the system with us. I am one of the newbies and I am already find wc difficult.

Personally I have to say that it would be very easy to become paranoid here. My sister emailed me and told me not to do anything the doctor said not, under no circumstances since the wc sent people out to spy. Initailly I closed my curtains. Then I thought, what the ****. What are they going to see anyhow? I am crawling on the floor most of the time. I give them extra points for getting that close to my windows with my dogs watching full time. No, I don't believe that we need to be so paranoid. We have enough to worry about without mistrusting what we see here as well.

See now your response really helps. That is exactly why the questions was asked. In no way was it intended to upset anyone.
Thanks for sharing your experience with "crawling on the floor". That was funny and that's exactly how it feels. Thanks again!

**star** Wrote:For the SECOND TIME, I have already told my IW story.....little late. If we're going to throw on the gloves, then lets go!

Gosh, **Star**...you're the one feeding this thingy now. Shucks, you're contradicting your own self, actually. Instead of puttin' on the gloves...why not put on your dancin' shoes, hun!

[Image: ani-mirrorball.gif]

[Image: peo-_dancer_old_dude.gif]

Wink Wrote:[quote=**star**]For the SECOND TIME, I have already told my IW story.....little late. If we're going to throw on the gloves, then lets go!

[font=Tahoma][size=medium]
Gosh, **Star**...you're the one feeding this thingy now. Shucks, you're contradicting your own self, actually. Instead of puttin' on the gloves...why not put on your dancin' shoes, hun!

You're right about fueling it but I was responding to being treated rudely. I'm not contradicting myself in any way, if you are rude you will get it right back. If I was contradicting myself I would be responding to people's questions and concerns rudely. I don't do that and have on other posts tried to help others. It just gets under my skin how peolple can be so mean, especially to others who are in a world of pain emotionally and physically.

I like how you lightened the mood about the dancin shoes.......thanks for the smile.Smile

Star, I,am sorry if you took my post as being rude, that was not my intention, I guess I was just to blunt and if I hurt your feelings I apoligize, I was just trying to answer the question that was asked, As all on here know I would never intentionaly try and hurt anyones feelings.

As others have mentioned it would help if you would post your info in your Bio. as we do not remember everyons injuries.

kate Wrote:I’m an injured worker and also an ex-adjuster. I’m no longer an adjuster and am not working for an insurance company. I read these posts occasionally to see if I can help answer any question.

Admin is right, if you’re not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

Believe it or not, just as all injured workers are not fakes, there are adjusters who do truly want to help the injured worker. There are also those that are jaded and feel everyone is trying to get something for nothing. That’s the kind of adjuster I had. Couldn’t get a return phone call, payments always late or stopped for no reason, etc.

When you have over 200 claims, new ones coming in every day and you have to schedule appointments, make payments, file state required forms, answer phone calls, etc. on each one, it’s hard to get everything done timely. Not to mention attending depositions, mediations, hearings, etc.

Believe me, they don’t have time to read these boards and try to figure out who’s who.

Besides, I haven’t seen anything on these posts that would affect someone’s claim in any way. I see a lot of people who are leaning on each other for support and answers. There is nothing wrong with that. Because you ask questions about what is happening to you or even if you complain about the adjuster, the employer, the doctor, your lawyer, etc., your entitlement to benefits does not change. The types of things that can hurt you are if you are doing things physically that you supposedly can’t do or you are working when you are saying you are not, etc. Again, if you’re not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

In answer to the question about whether or not some people ever go back to work either for their employer or find another job, the answer is yes. I did. And I have a much better job. Also, when you handle claims, you see that the majority do go back. It all depends on the person, the type of work they did, their injury, the employer.

This is a great forum for injured workers to share their experiences and get answers to their question.

As Attorney Belt said, if my participation makes you nervous, I will leave the forum.

Hi Kate,

I just wanted to say I think your post is great! Glad to meet you and welcome to the board.

I will not respond anymore to this post because it has become really old and tired and went on way to long.

RH

Tuffy Wrote:Star, I,am sorry if you took my post as being rude, that was not my intention, I guess I was just to blunt and if I hurt your feelings I apoligize, I was just trying to answer the question that was asked, As all on here know I would never intentionaly try and hurt anyones feelings.

As others have mentioned it would help if you would post your info in your Bio. as we do not remember everyons injuries.

Tuffy, thanks for explaining your intentions. I have over reacted and I apologize as well. You're right about posting my info on my bio but I was a little apprehensive because of how the first visit with a wc doc (see previous page). You are obviously a very nice person to take the time and explain that you ment no harm. No hard feelings, I just get worked up when I think someone is being malicious for their own satisfaction. This was not the case and sorry for the misunderstanding.Sad rholmes is right this subject has run it's course. I just hadn't signed on for a while and reacted to the mean responses given to Confusedd when it really was an genuine concern. Be well and good luck with everything.Smile

Star, I'm having a lot of Problems right now both Physically and with my Meds., but I have to reply to the Post You left for me. If You think for one Minute my Post was malicious in intent, I'm Sorry to say that's Your Problem not Mine! I asked a question, plain and simple: Why are we explaining ourselves and trying to comfort someone that won't explain themselves??? Confused NEVER Told us ONE thing about them self, but wanted to know about everyone else. And in doing so was casting doubt and suspicion on who was on here giving advice, and You know that's true. That Post was in no way any of your Business nor was it directed at You, and Confused never replied in any way, proving my Point, as I've seen many Times before, someone coming on here and casting doubt and then leaving. Star, I Hold nothing against You, That Post was not meant for You, and putting Gloves on, as You put it is not how I operate. If You took offense I can't Help that, I don't know how you could when You're name was not even mentioned in my Post, You took it upon Yourself to lash at me and tell me You USED to Respect me for the Help I give!! I ask for no ones Respect, I try and earn it, and if you and I can't see eye to eye that's fine We all can't get along, but to take Offense to a Post meant for someone else makes absolutely no sense to me, and you didn't need to drag this whole situation up again. Confused, where are You now? You did as I thought you were going to do , start conflict and Leave, and Star that's exactly what happened, I've seen it before. I'm sorry you took Offense and lost respect for me, hopefully some Day you may find it again, but trust me, I will give You no problems, avoid Your Posts, and I will not interfere with any of Your Threads or Actions on this Board. I've Worked Hard to gain the Friends and Trust I Hope others have of me on this Board, and If You can't be one of those People, I'm truly Sorry! I just can't for the Life of me understand how You could take Offense to a Post not even directed at You, and make the statements You Made to my friends on here. If you want to Continue Confused's Fight on here be my Guest, why I don't know, it was all put to Bed I thought, until you decided to reply to someone else's Post. Gloves on NO, time to put this to Bed and learn to Trust YES, time to move on YES, time to try and be Friends YES, argument form me NO, I'm in too much Pain, and this is the most I've typed in a Week, so I'll end it Here. Think about what I've written, and if you don't agree I'm Sorry, that's just the way I feel!Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  injection site injury jblarson53 13 13,831 02-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: jblarson53
  web site? littlenurse54 2 2,451 06-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Last Post: littlenurse54
  Neurosurgical Site chrischris 0 2,128 01-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Last Post: chrischris
  myofascial site tweety00 6 4,892 08-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  useful site lostinconnecticut 5 2,856 01-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Last Post: lostinconnecticut
  Good Ortho Site chrischris 3 2,761 08-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Last Post: **star**
  New to site and feel discouraged Dinah 13 7,957 04-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Last Post: snowbear
  ADMIN. Thank you for this great new site!! Still in Limbo 4 3,425 04-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Guest
  excellent site rabidcoyote666 3 3,727 04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Last Post: punk