Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the people answering the questions on this site, adusters, atttorneys ?
Confused & star

I have been a member of this site since I got injured back in 2002. Never has any of my info that I posted been used against me. I have gotten some great info not only from those that are professionals on this site like 1171 and some old one like Dr. Dave (admin will remember that name and some of the older members), but I have also gotten great advice from other injured workers as well.

If the information seems geared toward the IC remember that is who the laws are currently written for. So we must live by their rules but with knowledge we can slay the mighty dragon. lol

Therefore if you are given references to your state laws to look up it's for your own benefit and knowledge. The more you learn about your state laws when it comes to workers comp the more it will help you in the end. 1st off your attorney won't be forcing you to take a settlement when you feel that you still need medical treatment and 2ndly it won't be a low ball settlement just to get you off the books it will be one that is a decent settlement (at least one that normal considering the injury).

Now for example when I reached MMI on my back the IC sent me a check for 3K and that was it - most would say ok to that since the IC paid without being forced to. Yet state laws in my state of injury said differently - first off - I was entitled to an IME of my own along with industrial disability which they didn't offer me. In the end they ended up paying 10 times that for my back injury for the industrial disability which is part of the state laws. So I went from a 2% medical impairment to a 20 % industrial impairment. This is why we give out statues and stuff - so you learn and no one can pull the wool over your eyes. Not the IC and not your attorney if they are looking for a quick buck and there are some of them out there.

Any attorney that won't take a case until you have reached MMI is only in it for the money and not for the long haul of the injury or the case. So remember that. So comp cases are quite complicated - mine was - ask my attorney and she had to learn quite a bit of medical terms as well.

Tim - please stay - any legal info that you can offer - even if not binding is always a good help to the injured workers. I just wish there were more out there like you that took the time out to offer help to us.

**star** Wrote:Yes, employers get their questions answered here. So do insurance people. In fact, 75% of users on WorkersCompensation.com are employers and risk management professionals. Here on the forum, the previous posters are correct. The vast majority are injured workers. We set up a site to serve everyone, and that is what we do.

I undertstand this site serves everyone and it's a wonderful tool for all to use. I would love to continue conversing and sharing stories with other IW's and professionals that specialize in wc (wc adjusters/i/c attornies). I just want to know if this info has been used against other IW in thier cases? I think it is wonderful that people that specialize in this field are offering us advice, I just want to make sure I don't put myself in a worse position.
[/quote]

Star calm down,

I am sure there are legal people on this site also there was one guy I forget his name he identified himself and was giving a lot of good advice. Take for instance our p.m.s have you told me anything private about yourself? Have I asked you anything of a personal nature? I doubt that an i/c would spend the man hours on a internet site trying to figure out who is who. When I first came to this site I was so lost I didn't know as much as I thought I did but I have gotten so much good advice I feel a lot better and I don't cry half as much as I use to. I for one really should be afraid I know for a fact my job is trying to beat me out of my pension. but I will not stop posting or asking questions I have nothing to hide and I am not afraid to ask questions. Sweetie you have to trust someone not everyone but someone. I would really hate to see anyone leave because they felt they were being spyed on. And Tim we need people like you please don'y leave the board.Star I don't know a whole lot, but if it makes you feel better talking to me in pms feel free anytime.

RH

**star** Wrote:
tweety00 Wrote:Tim please stay WE / I need the pro to help since W/c If a cluster BAD word .. to get though without knowing Who to trust ...Please STay since you are taking the time to CARE are IWS

Star I was the one who asked for the update ... Sorry but with the drug fog Its hard to remember who is hurt where ... Im an worker who just fell and want to go back to work and not hurt 24/7 .

Star I my self never stated who my employer is am vague on some things so thats doesnt happen .That some adjuster figures out who I am , but let me tell you this Be careful cause I did that same thing as you and wow the depression of being hurt takes its tow on you

I became paraniod bigtime about watched ,at the job at home every where as in Major time so please We all do understand .. A life changing event like this can do silly things to your health ..
So please Stay and enjoy the forum !!And Im sorry If I was wrong !
Tweety Just a girl wanting to be fixed , give me a pill to make me all better lol
Or Im retireing and changing what I do If I can find the Knight in shining armour ROFL J/k

You're very sweet for responding in kind. I am very paranoid because of all the horror stories. Like I said before, I think the professionals like Tim are extremly helpful because they are educated in the field and can give us accurate info. I didn't mean to make Tim feel that way and am sorry Tim if my concerns made you feel uncomfortable. I just have been thrown into the lions den and know that if these injuries cause me and my children to lose my house and end up f the street, no one would care or do anything about it so I have to watch out. I've never sued anyone in my life but now was forced into getting an attorney because of this ssystem. If they go so far as to stalk you while you are going through this, and doctors act more like attornies, that is a little much. There are people who take advatage of this system and should be thrown in jail for doing so but for people like me who were financially well off due to my hard work and ended up with injuries due to my job, I obviously am not benefiting from this experience at all!! I don't even get half of my income being on wc due to the cap. Thanks for letting me vent.......very frustrated.

Star you are a part of this family now you have to stay. And let me tell you I get the max for cali also so I know what you mean about not getting all your income, thank god for my private inusrance or I couldn't make ends meet. W/C is a nightmare i wouldn't wish it on anyone but it's a part of life for the working people in the world. My first injury was so hard for me to understand I couldn't comb my childrens hair I couldn't even lift a window and for the life of me I could not understand because I had never had an injury until I start on this job so I know exactly what you are feeling .Due to work injuries I almost lost my home not once but twice so I understand your fears. I have no fear on this site I maybe fooling myself but I do feel like only the people on this site can understand half of what I go through on a daily basis.

Confusedd Wrote:
dipweed23 Wrote:
Confusedd Wrote:From Confusedd,

I am not asking for anyone to leave this site, I agree it is very helpfull.
I just like to know who I am talking to, IW, Attorney, Adjuster etc.

Seems to me, that the majority of my responses on my questions have been answered in favor or insurance co., aduster's etc.

[snip...snip]
Confusedd

If you are simply looking for people to tell you what you want to hear, you aren't in the right plaace. If you are looking for people to give you HONEST answers, based on the laws currently in place, then keep asking questions.
In the workers comp game, just about everything favors the Insurance companies and adjustors, and employers. The injured worker is the one who seems to have to prove that things need to get done. All I can say is; DO NOT STOP ADVOCATING FOR YOURSELF!

I DON'T HOW TO MAKE THIS ANY CLEARER THAN I ALREADY HAVE.

I NEVER SAID THAT THEIR WAS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS SITE, I DO AGREE IT IS VERY HELPFULL.

IT IS NOT A MATTER OF NOT WANTING TO KNOW THE TRUTH, HOWEVER EVERY ANWSER I HAVE RECEIVED HAS BEEN GEARED TOWARDS THE INSURANCE CO. OR ADJUSTERS.

THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS REALLY BEEN HONEST HERE SO FAR WAS THE ATTORNEY.

YES, I DO BELEIVE THAT ALLOT OF PERSONS ON THIS WEB SITE ARE INJURED. I JUST REALLY UPSETS ME WHEN "THESE" PEOPLE PRETEND THAT ALL OF US WORKERS ARE CHEATERS. I DID NOT ASK TO BE DISABLED FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

I SURE WOULD STILL LIKE TO KNOW WHO ALL THESE OTHER PEOPLE ARE, I DO NOT BELIEVE FOR 1 SEC. THAT "THOSE" PEOPLE ARE NOT HERE.

TO ADMIN: AWESOME WEBSITE, THANK YOU

SO, TO EVERYONE THAT THINKS IN AM UPSET WITH THE WEB SITE PELASE STOP!, I AM NOT,
MAYBE EVERYONE SHOULD BE WONDERING THE SAME THING I AM.!

CONFUSEDD

Confusedd,

I understand you were just asking a question so you could know who was giving you advice. Being an i/w and the fear of the unknown can make you feel like something is just not right. I too am an i/w. But I have been injuried for years and I have learned to deal with it; is it fair? heck no sometimes I feel like I am 90 years old. I can barely walk some days and now that I have managed to work until my last year before I get my 23 years with my company they are trying to get rid of me. So I do understand your questions Most people on here like Jayne, Limbo, baddboy, and 1171 and Cap will give you sites to go to so you can read the laws for yourself by the state you are in. If you ever feel you just need someone to talk to feel free to pm me anytime. WE ALL CRY BEFORE IT IS OVER.

GOD BLESS AND BE SAFE.

RH

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,This might get a little lenghty folk,s.
First i,m with Admin on this one, 2nd. I just don,t understand why any one would want to fake an Injury,,You can,t ,QUOTE "Get Ahead in Life" on what compensation you receive from WC. 3rd. If you are faking an Injury,and you do get Caught,,,,,GOOD , you earned it, and made it more diffulcult for people who Indeed are in need of WC services.
Then we have a few attorny.s here,,,, that a good thing , Please stay , WE NEED YOU,Most of us here are Indeed Hurt ,as far as IC/WC coming on this board ,,,, that,s good to, they can see what an Injured worker goes thru everday, yes I had the so called proverbial van outside my house ....Once,,,,, I called the police ,Told them I was being stalked , the police came and confiscated there camera, needless to say they never came back, now let,s use me for an example, I,m a Industrial Electrician,Yes I got hurt at work, Destroyed my ulner nerve (had to have MAJOR Surgery) by pulling cables, But I put a brace on my hand (before the Surgery) and still worked for 8 months with my injury,,,, had to quit my job when the muscles wasted in my hand, I couldn,t even hold a cup of coffee with out dropping it,Will I go back to work?????? YES , Unless I,m in a wheel Chair, you betcha your sweet (Jayne's lame attempt to bypass the Bad Word Filter), I,m goin, as a matter of fact My Boss called me yesterday and told me 1 of his custumer,s called him and specifically asked for me to start a project, Then a fellow co-worker called and said please take this project ( they gave this project to him, ) , He said "I know you only have the use of 1 arm,,,, but I,ll hold your coffee for ya, and the tools you need , just tell me how to get this "Factory Automation " job off the ground,said the crew ( "at work") really need me to come back, they miss me, as far as the person who think,s there gonna be held responsible for saying thing,s on this board, I think your being a little Paranoid, If your Injured, you NEED this board. As far as I go , I never had a problem with WC/IC personall,,,, call me lucky , I,m being treated better now by my employer than I was before I got hurt, They ( the employer ) has sent me get well card,s and told me if there is anything I need , Don,t even hesitate to ask. After 31 year,s of service to this company, they are very sad that I got hurt, But chit happen,s.
There is only 1 person on this board that know,s me personally (princess) , which by the way is making considerable amount of improvement in her life, she still come,s on this board to read the latest happening,s.
To sum it up, if your injured you don,t have anything to worry about, sure the IC will twist thing,s around, Intimidate you, but be truthfull, honest,and above all, Keep your dignity, you did not ask to be Injured on the job.
On The Road to Recovery

I have had so much of my stressed relieved by finding this forum and reading the posts and the advice that has been given. I have had so much trouble with the WC, that I finally got a lawyer, which I never thought I would ever need. I thought my injury would be fine after a few weeks, and here it is 9 months later and still having loads of problems. I have never had anything that I have posted used against me by the WC or my employer, I agree with most of the people who stated on here that the WC people and employers don't have the time, nor the determination to read thru thousands of post on the many differant forums to try and catch someone with the same injuries as one of their claimants.

Mr Belt, I for one do not want you to leave us. I have learned so much about the various laws in Pa. When I read a post from someone and see similarities to my problems, it helps to have a profession here to answer with the legal knowledge. Thank you for doing so.

I have done alot of research on my own, about my injury, the WC process, the laws and regulations, before finding this forum. I was getting confused from all of the technical things, at least here someone ussually can explain in plain English what I want to know. It has helped me understand some of the emotions that I am going thru as well and helped me know that I'm not alone. I have a few of you that email me , and we keep each other up to date.

I am also my companies Safety Committee Chairperson, which is ironic since I'm one of the people who have been injured. I have found all kinds of data, but hearing it (or reading it) from real people, makes all the differance.

Thanks to all on this forum.
Vickie

I too am an actual honest injured worker. I try to always stop just short of giving out too much personal info for many reasons. Not really concerned about the IC because I am honest. Actually the IC on my case could probably figure out who I am if they read everything I ever posted both here and on other boards. My particular case has reached a point that I am not really concerned about that, not that I ever was. Being injured and dealing with WC can and will make you paranoid. I came here when my life was turned totally upside down and I was looking for answers. Some of those I have found many I am still searching for. The professionals that do visit and give answers are very welcome in my opinion. Their input can be invaluable. As with all advice and answers to questions though one needs to do their own research and verification. I have noticed that many people here have gone out of their way for posters to not only provide information but to give them links and resources to help themselves. And yes unfortunately at least in the State that I am in the insurance company has the upper hand. That may be why so many answers seem to favor them.

When you're reading what someone wrote, click on their name and most will say if they're an injured worker and what their injuries are. Many peeps have posted on this subject for you...lots of good advice!!! Way to go all!!!! Welcome to the mess of work comp....it is very frustrating and confusing and you'll shed alot of tears b4 you're out of this mess. I've been dealing with my injuries and work comp for about 3 years now and who know how much longer. Please know that sooo many of us here are looking for answers, looking for someone to understand what we're going through...becuz even your family at times won't understand. We come here to vent our frustrations becuz all of us injured workers are in the same boat. Just be honest with everything you post but be careful so "if" someone figures out who you are they won't be able to twist your words and use them against you. Hope this makes sense...pain is kicking my rear tonight.
Always love your cubs unconditionally...they are a gift from God and someday they'll pick your nursing home!!

Awwwww....that's why my rear is in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!! Easier to kick it!!!! But I'm still moving onward!!!!!!!!!
Always love your cubs unconditionally...they are a gift from God and someday they'll pick your nursing home!!

yes I agree with the be careful part - such as don't say can't do - never do, etc - because you will get into a habit of saying those things. Over the years, I find that I can do a lot of the same daily things I could do before around the house - even though it takes time - and we have spent $$ upgrading things to make it easier for me because of pain levels. I have also learned to do things that I can't do the same way I did before in a different manner altogether. So I can still do them - even if via new tools around the house or moving of items to make things easier to reach, etc.

The only thing I can't do at this point is blow dry my hair and that's because I can't hold my arms up long enough to do it. I am honest about that can't and I don't even own a blow dryer any more because I am unable to do this.

There are a few of us on board where our spouse understands what we go through - that is because they were once injured as well. However, I can't speak for the others, but it's not good to bring down your spouse all the time either with your complaints on pain or what is going on but here on the boards we still have all the support that we need as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  injection site injury jblarson53 13 13,839 02-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: jblarson53
  web site? littlenurse54 2 2,453 06-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Last Post: littlenurse54
  Neurosurgical Site chrischris 0 2,128 01-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Last Post: chrischris
  myofascial site tweety00 6 4,894 08-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  useful site lostinconnecticut 5 2,861 01-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Last Post: lostinconnecticut
  Good Ortho Site chrischris 3 2,762 08-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Last Post: **star**
  New to site and feel discouraged Dinah 13 7,959 04-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Last Post: snowbear
  ADMIN. Thank you for this great new site!! Still in Limbo 4 3,427 04-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Guest
  excellent site rabidcoyote666 3 3,728 04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Last Post: punk