Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the people answering the questions on this site, adusters, atttorneys ?
Star & Tim,
Tim....please stay, you are more than welcome here.

Star.....I am an IW and do not get too specific in my posts , as to purposely protect myself, even though my injury is genuine & permanent. I know of no one on here that has had problems with the WC or IC figuring out their identity & hurting their own case. Just simply do not ever state you name, email, your employers name, and specific IC...and there won't be a problem , nor will you have to worry about it that way. So far my posts here, have not affected my case...but they have had a positive effect on my emotions & well being of mind, as one can talk to genuine fellow "hurtin for certain" IW's who are seeking the same answers from each other. I found out I'm not in a row boat without a paddle....but a huge cruise ship, chock full of people (IW's)....with no paddles, life jackets, or gas motors, and all non swimmers! All of which are trying to help steer & stay afloat, their fellow IW's .
Lilly Smile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Mr Belt, Thank You for taking your Time and helping us here, I'm from Pa. also, and I look to your Posts to learn and keep up to date with Pa. Law. Thanks Again!!Wink

Star and Confused, I can understand some one new here being a little apprehensive about Posting their cases with Professionals on here, but rest assured in my Opinion you have nothing to worry about. I have Posted over 1000 times and I have received nothing but knowledge and have made many new Friends with the same set of problems we all do. The Professionals here take Their own FREE Time to help and guide us, and they should be commended for that! I honestly believe you have nothing to fear, and leaving a Great Site like this for that reason would surely be a Great loss to the both of you. There is a lot to learn here, from People who know what they are talking about, and we are all just here to try and Help each other. I Hope you decide to stay, and if you do you will soon find out your worries were ill-founded. Have a Great Day!!Wink

Toungue 
This website was made for people like us that need to vent our frustrations, make friends, ask questions of other i/w's and get advice from people who have been in our shoes. I think everyone is entitled to post how they feel, and noone should be afraid to ask or tell how they feel. I have no worries about my injuries and feel it is a wonderful site with wonderful folks who are all in the same boat. I know it has helped me alot just learning what everyone else is going through. To me this site is great therapy. I wish you all a pain free day, and type on!!
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

welcome Tim, your insight as an attorney will be helpful to the IW's from PA.

Confusedd...I AM an IW, you can check my profile if you would like. I've been here for a couple of year.(Help Admin, don't remember the year I joined must be the meds again)....Anyway this board is the most HELPFUL site I have found that assisted me during the most trying times of my w/c case. I am and continue to be thankful that this board/site exists!
Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

Confusedd Wrote:From Confusedd,

I am not asking for anyone to leave this site, I agree it is very helpfull.
I just like to know who I am talking to, IW, Attorney, Adjuster etc.

Seems to me, that the majority of my responses on my questions have been answered in favor or insurance co., aduster's etc.

[snip...snip]
Confusedd

If you are simply looking for people to tell you what you want to hear, you aren't in the right plaace. If you are looking for people to give you HONEST answers, based on the laws currently in place, then keep asking questions.
In the workers comp game, just about everything favors the Insurance companies and adjustors, and employers. The injured worker is the one who seems to have to prove that things need to get done. All I can say is; DO NOT STOP ADVOCATING FOR YOURSELF!
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x148/dipweed23/Bananav2.gif[/IMG]

dipweed23 Wrote:
Confusedd Wrote:From Confusedd,

I am not asking for anyone to leave this site, I agree it is very helpfull.
I just like to know who I am talking to, IW, Attorney, Adjuster etc.

Seems to me, that the majority of my responses on my questions have been answered in favor or insurance co., aduster's etc.

[snip...snip]
Confusedd

If you are simply looking for people to tell you what you want to hear, you aren't in the right plaace. If you are looking for people to give you HONEST answers, based on the laws currently in place, then keep asking questions.
In the workers comp game, just about everything favors the Insurance companies and adjustors, and employers. The injured worker is the one who seems to have to prove that things need to get done. All I can say is; DO NOT STOP ADVOCATING FOR YOURSELF!

I DON'T HOW TO MAKE THIS ANY CLEARER THAN I ALREADY HAVE.

I NEVER SAID THAT THEIR WAS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS SITE, I DO AGREE IT IS VERY HELPFULL.

IT IS NOT A MATTER OF NOT WANTING TO KNOW THE TRUTH, HOWEVER EVERY ANWSER I HAVE RECEIVED HAS BEEN GEARED TOWARDS THE INSURANCE CO. OR ADJUSTERS.

THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS REALLY BEEN HONEST HERE SO FAR WAS THE ATTORNEY.

YES, I DO BELEIVE THAT ALLOT OF PERSONS ON THIS WEB SITE ARE INJURED. I JUST REALLY UPSETS ME WHEN "THESE" PEOPLE PRETEND THAT ALL OF US WORKERS ARE CHEATERS. I DID NOT ASK TO BE DISABLED FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

I SURE WOULD STILL LIKE TO KNOW WHO ALL THESE OTHER PEOPLE ARE, I DO NOT BELIEVE FOR 1 SEC. THAT "THOSE" PEOPLE ARE NOT HERE.

TO ADMIN: AWESOME WEBSITE, THANK YOU

SO, TO EVERYONE THAT THINKS IN AM UPSET WITH THE WEB SITE PELASE STOP!, I AM NOT,
MAYBE EVERYONE SHOULD BE WONDERING THE SAME THING I AM.!

CONFUSEDD
Thanks for all the help.
Confusedd

we all have at one time or another....its part of becoming well again we have our own little 12 step here......and all the rules are geared to help the IC not us....its a fact we have to live with and try to fix...if you think your confused now just wait till 3 or 4 docs say you need surgery and a IC doc says no and they go with their doc...you ride is just beginning..................come on down to the off topic its where we let our hair down and have fun
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

confusedd...I didn't think that you were upset with anyone or that you thought that we were out to get you in anyway. I believe that the question was a good question and maybe I should have ask it a long time ago. However, you got true answers. We are mostly IW's experiencing a lot of the same things that you are experiencing. The system is not in favor of the IW and the IW is frequently thought of as someone who is just trying to get away with the "easy life" per say. And yet, we all know the truth. No one wants to be injured at work.

A few weeks back I started a thread in the "off topic" section asking about issues surrounding W/C. Today I spent the day reading it again to update myself as to some of the issues in preparation for a letter I am sending out to the news. We are serious here. We are injured here. We are going to life altering situations here. But mostly we are all working on this together. The key word is together. The site gives us an opportunity to learn from other IW experiences and it also brings to us the "expert" who willingly provides his or her time to answer questions. This is a great site ...and one that has been a blessing to me over and over and over. This was a great question and a wonderful way to get this information on the table. Best Wishes to you...Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Confusedd, **star**,
Relax. Smile It's like I've said in previous posts: These questions have been brought up before....but I really don't think anyone has anything to worry about. Even if your Claims Adjuster were to ZERO in on who you are, the most that he/she could childishly do is get angry at your rants and possibly try to make your life more miserable, unless of course, you say something about your case that is entirely different than the facts--then it could really get nasty.

But think about it: the United States is one BIG ASS country, with hundreds of thousands of injured workers...and the likelihood of your adjuster finding you (one little ole you) here would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. And when would the adjuster find the TIME anyhow to sift thru all of this to decipher who you are out of the many? Think about it, your adjusters have at least 100 caseload files piled up on top of their desk at any given time! In reality, most of them don't know who the heck you are until your file is pulled. Remember, you're just a number. Then with your file before them (a number) they have to refresh their scatter-brained memory as to who you are. LOL! It seems incomprehensible and silly to me they'd waste what little time they have lurking the forums to snag someone!

I just wanted to say thanks to Tim, 1171 and Dallas for all the help they give us here (if I missed any one I apologize).

All I can say is thank God my attorney doesn't come here to help, that would be disastrous if he helps everyone like he has helped me, ROFLMAO.
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  injection site injury jblarson53 13 13,558 02-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: jblarson53
  web site? littlenurse54 2 2,392 06-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Last Post: littlenurse54
  Neurosurgical Site chrischris 0 2,096 01-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Last Post: chrischris
  myofascial site tweety00 6 4,802 08-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  useful site lostinconnecticut 5 2,799 01-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Last Post: lostinconnecticut
  Good Ortho Site chrischris 3 2,697 08-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Last Post: **star**
  New to site and feel discouraged Dinah 13 7,761 04-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Last Post: snowbear
  ADMIN. Thank you for this great new site!! Still in Limbo 4 3,378 04-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Guest
  excellent site rabidcoyote666 3 3,674 04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Last Post: punk