Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2 AM
Well it is 2am and the pain has kicked in. can't sleep and heading to take some extra meds to see if i can calm down the pain and get some rest. are there others like this who do not sleep because of the excruating pain, that stats late night.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

CF I had this last week for several nights. I am not one to take pain meds unless it is a have to, last week was the have to.

I restart physical therapy on the cervical spine this week to try and reduce the pain levels as I would rather do that then continue with the meds.

Last week it hurt to laydown, it hurt to sit in the recliner, so I stayed at the computer playing lots of pogo, it kept my mind busy.

CF it seems to hurt worse at night for me....I guess cuz there are less distractions....I just sit and stare at the fire
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne my primary says pain will be higher at night due to involvement of the nerves.

Over the past several weeks, I have averaged 3 hours of sleep a night. My pain levels are through the roof, but can't see making them worse by sitting in the ER for 2 or 3 hours before I can be seen. And even though the hospitals ER Dr diagnosed me with chronic back pain earlier this year, all they will do is give me a scrip for 15 flexeril and some kind of shot that does absolutely nothing for me, but they insist that I have someone drive me home because it is supposed to knock me out. Instead, I stay awake for the next 24 to 48 hours. Some help that is.

I generally try to go go bed before 12 AM, but lay there, watching a silent tv until sleep comes somewhere around 4 or 5. Then Randy wakes me up to say goodby around 7:45. Of course, Binkers needs to be let out then, so there is no sense in trying to go back to sleep after I have been up waiting on him to come back inside.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Finally fell asleep around 6am..these nights keep getting longer or do we want to call them shorter as fas as sleep is. I hope tomorrow night is not like last night, because Wed morning at 10am i have a hearing to be made MMI, and them stop my TTD payments. Just hope my Attorney can negoiate the MMI date to be this Wed and them not backdate it to sometime in August when I had the MMI that the Dr stated I was MMI, If they backdate it to August I will have to repay payments received after that date and we have no money for that one.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.

is it the worry keeping you awake? worry will make pain worse....course I can tell you this cuz I do it too
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Y'all (as they say in the South) need to try some Melatonin. It's a naturally ocurring compound found in humans, plants, animals, and microbes. It's a very safe sleep aid.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

I can so relate to the late night pain.. My injured leg just throbs, burns into my big toe and cramps behind the thigh.. Soaking in a hot tub seems to help, but often need help getting in and out.. Even after taking my gabapentin and ambien it still keeps me up. My primary tells me to take my pain meds before going to bed, my injury dr says I need to cut back. Both my drs and both have different oppinions on my pain controll.......go figure...lol.

Well it is 4:15 am and the pain has now kicked in. got up and got some meds. hope i can calm it down this morning.