Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone give me advise on what to do?
Exclamation 
Hi i was returned to work on 8/22/11 and called my boss on monday to let her know i was released and that ill fax her my doctors note , and i'll call her later that day she said to call her back friday because its already the middle of the week and she wee give me my schedule .well i take the note in on tuesday and hand it to a supervisor just to be safe. i call her saturday and ask for my schedule she said "listen because of availability issues we sent you to another store closer to home and she gave me the schedule and i call that store to confirm and i show up the first day and im told that they messed up on the schedule and i need to go to a differnt store to work ,I told them no because that im staying here to finish my schedule so the end of the week comes and i call to get my schedule and they tell me ive been sent to another store and give me my schedule for the new store . My first day there i tell the supervisor about my modified duty and she said she has no knowledge of it and i give her a verbal detail of it thinking my original store told them about my restictions so i work 3 days there and on the 3rd day i give her the note and she shows it to store manager and they call me to the office and tell me they cant accept my doctors note because i still look like im in pain and that i need to get a note from the company doctor so they cant be held liable if i reinjure myself and for me to clock out .I dont know what to do.

(09-10-2011, 06:49 PM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: ....they cant accept my doctors note because i still look like im in pain and that i need to get a note from the company doctor so they cant be held liable if i reinjure myself

You still LOOK like you're in pain ? ....so they can't be held liable if you re-injure yourself ?

Do you not see anything wrong with this picture ?

The ADA prohibits an employer from ASSUMING that you have a disability, and, when aware of a disability, MUST accommodate you for that disability (especially where a WC claim is in place).

And, what do they expect the COMPANY DOCTOR to say - that you're NOT in pain ? This is a bunch of hogwash.

Employers take you in the condition you are in. Re-injury may be a reality, but they cannot exclude you from working, if the Dr. has released you with restrictions, and the employer is able to MEET those restrictions.

If I were you, I'd be calling the Human Resources Department with your corporate office and discuss this with the Risk Management division. Don't leave this up to store management - they're no more qualified to make these conclusions than you are.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

if you are covered by FMLA you may have some additional job protections
http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/p...fmlaen.pdf

while an employer has a right to a fitness for duty evaluation, it may not be kosher to use one doctor for disability and another for return to work.

update:
but since your doctor is not part of the employers authorized MPN their opinion is not valid.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-10-2011, 07:19 PM)LeglEgl Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 06:49 PM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: ....they cant accept my doctors note because i still look like im in pain and that i need to get a note from the company doctor so they cant be held liable if i reinjure myself

You still LOOK like you're in pain ? ....so they can't be held liable if you re-injure yourself ?

The ADA prohibits an employer from ASSUMING that you have a disability, and, when aware of a disability, MUST accommodate you for that disability (especially where a WC claim is in place).

And, what do they expect the COMPANY DOCTOR to say - that you're NOT in pain ? This is a bunch of hogwash.

Employers take you in the condition you are in. Re-injury may be a reality, but they cannot exclude you from working, if the Dr. has released you with restrictions, and the employer is able to MEET those restrictions.

If I were you, I'd be calling the Human Resources Department with your corporate office and discuss this with the Risk Management division. Don't leave this up to store management - they're no more qualified to make these conclusions than you are.

Thanks im soo stressed out right now your comment means alot

(09-10-2011, 07:28 PM)lizdawiz82 Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 07:19 PM)LeglEgl Wrote:

Thanks im soo stressed out right now your comment means alot

Also they said i was released from the IC doctor but when i returned to full duty my condition got worse and so i contacted a lawyer and was sent to thier doctor and put on disability for 4 months and just returned to work 2 weeks agowith modified duty and they never cared about that doctors note and are still saying i was released by Ic doctor and that i need to go back to their doctor and get a note until then they cant accomodate my injury ,So im just gonna call my lawyer on monday and see what they tell me.

(09-10-2011, 07:27 PM)1171 Wrote: if you are covered by FMLA you may have some additional job protections
http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/p...fmlaen.pdf

while an employer has a right to a fitness for duty evaluation, it may not be kosher to use one doctor for disability and another for return to work.

I also have protection from my union but thats not the problem they wont accomodate my lawyers doctor note who's my primary doctor and want me to go back to thier doctor and i dont want to because ,he released me for 2 weeks without telling me i had a fracture in my spine and my condition got worse . so i dont trust them .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  someone please help me or give me advice newenglandchick 3 5,407 02-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Have to give two statements to WC insurance? mwpdx86 5 1,740 03-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  advise on claim oked 2tired2care 3 2,218 07-25-2015, 12:49 AM
  rotator cuff tear...please advise :) maggiemae4321 3 4,090 01-23-2015, 12:04 AM
Last Post: workcomptired
  Please advise Ar1999 6 4,353 01-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Ar1999
  help or advise utah workers comp jjortiz214 5 4,240 11-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Last Post: jayne
Rolleyes I need advise please! Thank You! Sunshine7 9 8,124 12-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Sunshine7
  Looking for advise,Things are at best hairy rick34 18 11,493 12-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Last Post: bck9900
  Does your employer need to give you a job back? Dirtydawg69 2 4,105 11-26-2010, 11:42 AM
  Attorney said give up take what they offer Sadiesmom 24 18,765 05-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Regrets