Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
injured workers in pain and WC mri showing no damage
I will say this do not trust WC when they say that pain is pain saying they can t help You and sending You back to work.WC trying to avoid any possible claim they can.Unfortunately there are people who are naive and return to job what is their biggest mistake.WC comp paying radiologists and doctors to tell You that You are fine and ready to go on job.First thing You should do when WC say You are fine sending You back to work is to go to Your primary doctor explain situation,open medical leave and do Mri s again.When going to WC doctor always have somebody with You writing down everything that doctor is doing that can help You later.Do not sign any paper by that I mean they will try to trick You giving You paper stating that You agreeing with WC doctor to return back to job at least that was my case.Even if You are in pain they are still obligated to treat You offering You Pain Managment or Physical therapy plus medications.Then if accident happened on the job not by Your fault You need to report it to OSHA in that way when You are on medical leave it s going to be harder for employer to fire You while on medical leave because they will be afraid to fire You cause You report that they brake the OSHA regulations.I can write a whole book what I was going through and still I m not done with them.

Very good point and does happen... The problem is when the injured is going through this blind they can and are taken advatage.. The best mri cant prove you have pain or not, wc cant pay for pain and suffering but they do if it causes you not to perform your duties.. In cases like ours one should seek out a good wc attorney asap..

(08-31-2011, 06:09 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: Very good point and does happen... The problem is when the injured is going through this blind they can and are taken advatage.. The best mri cant prove you have pain or not, wc cant pay for pain and suffering but they do if it causes you not to perform your duties.. In cases like ours one should seek out a good wc attorney asap..

Yes I agree with You and this is why I wrote this because people who are in pain return on the job and than their WC claim is closed.Regarding mri s believe everything they read on my mri s showed normal so I went do mine again and sent it to experts in radiology to compare it and it showed problems on the 1st WC and on the 2nd mine mri.WC paying radiologists and doctors to say that you are fine just to put You back to work and keep their money in the pocket.Even in pain they have to provide You with pain managment or physical therapy if they say no then You go to Your own doctor and hire attorney

(08-31-2011, 09:52 AM)kristin0 Wrote: I will say this do not trust WC when they say that pain is pain saying they can t help You and sending You back to work.WC trying to avoid any possible claim they can.Unfortunately there are people who are naive and return to job what is their biggest mistake.WC comp paying radiologists and doctors to tell You that You are fine and ready to go on job.First thing You should do when WC say You are fine sending You back to work is to go to Your primary doctor explain situation,open medical leave and do Mri s again.When going to WC doctor always have somebody with You writing down everything that doctor is doing that can help You later.Do not sign any paper by that I mean they will try to trick You giving You paper stating that You agreeing with WC doctor to return back to job at least that was my case.Even if You are in pain they are still obligated to treat You offering You Pain Managment or Physical therapy plus medications.Then if accident happened on the job not by Your fault You need to report it to OSHA in that way when You are on medical leave it s going to be harder for employer to fire You while on medical leave because they will be afraid to fire You cause You report that they brake the OSHA regulations.I can write a whole book what I was going through and still I m not done with them.

How can i file a report with the OSHA and what type of complaint did you file?

(09-28-2011, 01:44 AM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: How can i file a report with the OSHA and what type of complaint did you file?

Liz - don't go jumping to conclusions that you might even have an OSHA issue to report, based on the rantings of a frustrated IW on this forum.

You might want to consider whether your injury was related to an unsafe condition at work, or just in the normal course of working. Not everything that causes an injury is a safety violation.

Besides, you've dug up a post that died out almost a month ago.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. While drawing from my professional training and experience in law enforcement and as a former Paralegal, no comments offered should be considered as legal advice.

(09-28-2011, 07:38 AM)LeglEgl Wrote:
(09-28-2011, 01:44 AM)lizdawiz82 Wrote: How can i file a report with the OSHA and what type of complaint did you file?

Liz - don't go jumping to conclusions that you might even have an OSHA issue to report, based on the rantings of a frustrated IW on this forum.

You might want to consider whether your injury was related to an unsafe condition at work, or just in the normal course of working. Not everything that causes an injury is a safety violation.

Besides, you've dug up a post that died out almost a month ago.

Well i was wondering if i could file with the OSHA because i injured myself on a faulty ladder ,im not sure if that counts, but thanks for answering my questions leglEgl

Liz, another thought............

Doctors tell me some things do not show up on a MRI.......sometimes it take other types of test.

For example, a ct scan or a discogram.

Pain can be a mysterious thing, and often is not detected by any imagery.. Imagery may also show problems, but doesnt mean thats where the pain is generated.. But one things for sure it helps make the claim run smoothly.....

As far as reporting to osha, you wont gain a thing from it unless your looking for a piece of mind.. But I can bet the ladder would be replaced before osha shows up....

(09-28-2011, 08:33 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: Pain can be a mysterious thing, and often is not detected by any imagery.. Imagery may also show problems, but doesnt mean thats where the pain is generated.. But one things for sure it helps make the claim run smoothly.....

As far as reporting to osha, you wont gain a thing from it unless your looking for a piece of mind.. But I can bet the ladder would be replaced before osha shows up....

if the pain is not detected it makes the claim run smoothly? well my doctor seems to think he knows everything and keeps telling me its my muscles that are causing the pain ,i guess it takes years 4 muscles to heal and when i tell him different he says yes its your muscles
(09-28-2011, 08:21 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Liz, another thought............

Doctors tell me some things do not show up on a MRI.......sometimes it take other types of test.

For example, a ct scan or a discogram.

I wonder why my doctor never told me this info

Have you read the MRI report yourself? If not request a copy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcoming Kids' Chance - Providing Scholarships to Children of Injured Workers admin 20 21,846 11-27-2018, 03:40 AM
Last Post: codetu
  HELP! Injured, two disc fusion surgeries, permanent nerve damage,dont know what to do Blackhawks19 5 484 10-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Re injured myself (not the workers comp injury) 241050 3 1,296 03-10-2018, 12:45 AM
Last Post: 1171
  New York Injured Workers - Urgent - Please Read ChimarenTaylor 7 6,814 02-19-2018, 02:22 PM
  nerve damage STRATTONJE 2 1,083 09-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Last Post: STRATTONJE
  Advise for workers comp claim. Only 20yrs old w/ damage to disc in lower back!! brandnew23 17 21,758 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM
  California injured workers please support AB305 California_Help 0 2,393 03-20-2015, 01:04 AM
  Injured New York Workers - Class Action ChimarenTaylor 0 3,523 10-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 13,741 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
  California bills to help injured workers California_Help 0 2,580 04-15-2014, 05:28 PM