Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken Hip
I broke my hip on the job and had to have a rod and two screws put in. Does anyone know what an average settlement would be? This happened in New Jersey. Thank you...

settlement? there may be no settlement what so ever...if you are back to work with no permanant disabilty no need for a settlement....WC does not pay for pain and suffering just permanant disabilty..if in fact you come out of this without losing your house,car,spouse or mind count yourself very lucky.
It took me 2 years to get thru the hell of WC I came out of it with a 77% disability my "settlement" was less than I would have made working in a year and I got a broken body to boot....some on here have been fighting for 8 years.... some will crawl away with nothing...there is no money to be made in WC...it is a lose/lose
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

There is alot that has to be figured in sucah as muscle loss and ranfe of motion. There realy is no good settlement, and if you make it back to work that is the best settle ment .. Jayne is very correct, wc is not a path well taken,,,....

I also broke my hip, but the ball was fine. I shattered the pelvis and hip socket, 2 plates 4 screws. I lost alot of rom and can no longer put that leg on right knee for it stops when I try. I have bone fragments around the hip joint and stuck in muscles around the hip. I have an uneven gait. I was awarded 23% impaired but was factored by many things. In all it totaled $48,000 and is just over a years wages... Now that wasnt the only injury I had in accident and now I can no longer work,, money doesnt equal sanity, family life nor the pain you must go through......

sorry for the spelling and gaps, for some reason I have no Y button so I have to push real hard. Now the back space key dont work either..

(07-29-2011, 08:19 PM)Steelerspride86 Wrote: I broke my hip on the job and had to have a rod and two screws put in. Does anyone know what an average settlement would be? This happened in New Jersey. Thank you...

settlements are not based on your diagnosis or your treatment. settlement statistics are not made public so there is no way to compute an average.
if there is a settlement, it is based on the value of any future benefits you maybe entitled to.
if you have permanent impairment, you are entitled to additional disability benefits. those benefits cannot be determined until you have reached maximum recovery. every rating is different depending on the individual circumstances; even those with similar injuries recover to different degrees.
more information on permanent disability here
http://lwd.state.nj.us/labor/wc/workers/...ex.html#PP
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

(07-29-2011, 08:19 PM)Steelerspride86 Wrote: I broke my hip on the job and had to have a rod and two screws put in. Does anyone know what an average settlement would be? This happened in New Jersey. Thank you...

What was the end claim result on this? I broke my femural neck bone and got a rod and 3 screws with a plate installed. Currently recovering and wondering if I'll have any permanent disability and any compensation. Thanks!

This post is 6 years old; what happened then in New Jersey may be different now where your claim is.
Post a new thread with more information on what state you're in.
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broken Collarbone ... need advice... DadToThree 26 13,326 03-14-2017, 12:54 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Broken fib/tib with pre-existing condition seestock 3 1,396 02-17-2016, 04:37 PM
  have anyone ever had a broken c6???? I wanna know whats in store for me??? alvinf478 1 1,782 02-11-2015, 01:31 AM
  Broken Ankle Question bryman1202 3 3,509 11-04-2014, 02:40 AM
  Broken Back abbie6376 2 2,811 02-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Out of state injury broken wrist HaroldWelds80 2 3,775 04-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Broken Arm 4 days ago and still not fixed southernldy 7 6,455 08-08-2012, 05:00 PM
  broken toes stretch619 2 4,456 05-21-2012, 10:51 AM
  broken ankle (twice) at work terryb 3 4,762 03-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Broken ribs & lots more! TexasBoy 3 6,957 04-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Last Post: TexasBoy