Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychological disability/Work related depression
Can I make a claim of psychological disability/work related depression in a worker comp claim? If so, What kind of evidence is needed to support this claim if any?

Jams Wrote:Can I make a claim of psychological disability/work related depression in a worker comp claim? If so, What kind of evidence is needed to support this claim if any?

I just met someone who in Illinois has successfully received a settlement for work related stress/depression and a friend of mine mom has a disability for depression...She used a group called Those of whom we do not speak toget her disability and needed a letter from a certified pychiatrist...I don't know anymore than this ....I hope it helps a little

Hi Jams and welcome to the forum. As to your question, each state is different in terms of how it identifies, defines, and processes workmans compenation claims. I am not sure about your question. I do know that in New Jersey where I live that there are circumstances where depression can be claimed. However, there are usually a lot of surrounding and documented situations. In terms of applying for SSDI and am going to leave you site that takes you to the what is called the blue book. It does have information about depression but usually not in and about itself. Depession that is the result of an affective mood disorder, or many others issues. I will leave this site for you too read. I hope it helps you some in the decisions you are attempting to make. Maybe someone else will come a long that has more exprerience in this situation that I do.

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/profession...l-info.htm
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

I can't answer for all states but I can tell you it is possible in California. Not easy but possible. You open yourself up to alot of scrutiny as far as your personal life and past history. You have to prove that at least 51% of the problem is caused by the job. There are just too many variables in such a claim to even begin to speculate how successful you would be, especially in an open forum such as this. That being said if you are truly suffering from depression you need to seek help immediately. It won't get better on it's own. Start getting treatment that may even help determine what role the job plays in it. Whether it is work related or not is irrelevant as the need to get professional help. God Bless and Good Luck.

Some states don't allow stress claims. It would help if we knew what state you are in.
Let Go, and Let God......

Hi Jams, and Welcome to the Boards! Phys. claims are tough, but not impossible with the right documentation and Dr. backing. I think the first thing to do is as frustrated has said and seek Help, if for nothing else than your Health and well being. Second, research Your States Website, there is usually a section on w/c, and you can learn the rules and regs. I Hope this Helps, and Best of luck to you!!Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shy Work related/induced stress & workers comp heartworkerNC 6 3,092 03-21-2018, 07:39 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Is it legal to be obligated to use my paid vacation/sick off for work related injury? linwan 2 4,478 04-15-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: MarylandWorkInjuryLawyer
Question Is it legal to be obligated to use my personal time for work related injury? OFilippov 1 3,267 08-22-2015, 01:55 PM
  link between Chronic Pain and Depression 1171 5 4,313 08-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Exclamation Feel like I do not have any hope/depression 052614 42 24,373 06-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  depression added to injury amysue69 2 3,247 02-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Last Post: chrischris
  Injury, Narcotics, Depression sparkey 33 23,740 08-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Treeburn
  An interesting work related auto accident !! RITCHIE 4 4,841 07-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jayne
Question Is it legal to be obligated to use my sick time for work related injury? lucy 11 77,567 05-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Percentage herniated discs w/depression NJ samistheman 7 11,285 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Last Post: samistheman