Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
garden is almost in
OK people I worked my (Jayne's lame attempt to bypass the Bad Word Filter) off 10 minutes at a time today but I have one row of tomatoes in 20 plants.......tomorrow 40 more but will have both my neighbors and honeys help tomorrow.....and sunday the peppers,squash,cukes,melons and cantaloupes...my row of green beans are up about 4 inches no beets showing yet.....Sithie if you dont bring your happy hiney up here end of july and help can tomatoes I am gonna just scream......start saving jars now I hope for a good garden this year and if anyone else is near SE okla in mid to end of july bring your own jars........Big Grin.....we pared the garden down this year to just over 1/4 of an acre I am no where near the woman I used to beWink
Oh and this year I found magic melon seeds...(yellow meat melons) we gather the grandbabies and tap the melon 3 times and say a bunch of magic mumbo talk and end it with make this melon the color of the moon....the kids faces are priceless when you cut into it and it isnt redBig Grin
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Gosh, there is snow on the ground here still.. lucky you..but I putter in the green house waiting.. but all that brings me joy..like the garden is now damped by the fact my boss thinks gardening gave me RSI and not the fact that last summer I worked 94 hours weeks for him. Still I can't wait to see the happy faces on the pansy

You guys are way more energetic than I am. Congrats on the garden Jayne! If I ever learn to eat veggies maybe I'll try one someday,LOL!

I had a greenhouse Jake. Bought it the end of last summer, my BF and roomie assembled it for me. Was a nice 10 X 12, then the Santa Ana's took it to Kansas or somewhere east of here. Hope you are having better luck with yours! What do you grow? I am trying to raise Plumeria, they are easy to take care of once established.

I love flowers and happy faces so Pansies are the perfect flower Smile
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

jayne Wrote:OK people I worked my (Jayne's lame attempt to bypass the Bad Word Filter) off  10 minutes at a time today but I have one row of tomatoes in 20 plants.......tomorrow 40 more but will have both my neighbors and honeys help tomorrow.....and sunday the peppers,squash,cukes,melons and cantaloupes...my row of green beans are up about 4 inches no beets showing yet.....Sithie if you dont bring your happy hiney up here end of july and help can tomatoes I am gonna just scream......start saving jars now I hope for a good garden this year and if anyone else is near SE okla in mid to end of july bring your own jars........Big Grin.....we pared the garden down this year to just over 1/4 of an acre I am no where near the woman I used to beWink
   Oh and this year I found magic melon seeds...(yellow meat melons) we gather the grandbabies and tap the melon 3 times and say a bunch of magic mumbo talk and end it with make this melon the color of the moon....the kids faces are priceless when you cut into it and it isnt redBig Grin

Jayne:
Send me the energy pills or vitamins that you are taking!Big Grin I can't believe you did all that in one day! I would be exhausted and hurting! Can't wait to see the pictures of the garden!
Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

Just curious, is gardening like a relaxation thing for injured workers? lol
Hubby, who is 33 yrs old, and never gardened a day of his life, decided that he is taking over the garden this year since i work and he stays home with our 3 yr old daughter. They went shopping for seeds and planted some stuff in the house already, they even bought matching gardening tools, hers pink, his green, hes starting to freak me out lol.

I think working outside is relaxing and enjoyble but cant this year ....limit bending and twisting .....ouchie

But im sure ill do a tiny bit at a time

it took me all day to do it....honey dug the holes ahead of time I put the plants in the holes with the miracle grow and the first layer of dirt and the kids filled in the rest. I planted 20 plants before injury we would put in a half acre and can or freeze all our years veggies....pain is a constant part of my life now BUT IT WILL NOT DEFEAT OR DEFINE MY LIFE.The garden is smaller and will take longer and I normaly would have had enough to share with many families in town this year it will be for my family and if God grants me a good bounty I will share it willingly....
this year honey will build me cages to go down the walking row between plants and we will put chickens in them moving the gages as they eat the weeds and leave behind their poop to make my plants grow..I am learning new ways to do everything....and when it comes to canning my kids will help.

All this talk about a garden and country life is making me homesick. I was not raised in New Jersey or a city for that matter. I was raised on 800 acres. I use to love to can fruit and vegetables before I became a professional....hehehehe. Jayne this speaks volumes to your never giving in and never quitting. I know you had to be in pain when you were doing all this work for 10 minutes at a time. Its the little things that keep us all going.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

it was a rough nite but come july my honeys face when he bites into a fresh tomato sandwich mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I can deal with it

Oh My Jayne...My hubby has always had a small garden..but this year I decided I just had to do something. So I went and bought all the seeds and started them on the porch. Flowers and vegatables...I have enjoyed doing them...but we just can't put them outdoors yet...FREEZE. Heck we still have snow. In the past I couldn't keep a house plant alive but so far all my baby plants are still alive. My hubby will most likely take over the plants once they go outdoors...he loves it. He does find growing things very relaxing. There is no way I could do all the weeding...but I do plan on doing something with the flowers and things. I just have to do something. Plus eating a good ole tomato...is worth it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer Garden Bummer Knees 10 4,021 06-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  garden RNvic 20 7,633 09-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  A computer garden to cheer you up! monster 23 13,188 04-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Last Post: RNvic
  oh my garden time jayne 3 2,686 01-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Fall Garden Bummer Knees 3 4,553 08-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees