Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-28-2015, 10:25 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grandkids
07-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Grandkids
My sin and daughter in law are heading to Vegas for a week last of this month. My 2 little grand daughters are 18 months and 4 years old, they will get to come to grandmas and grandpas for the week. I am so looking forward to haveing those girls here, they are the light of my life. They have never been able to come and stay without mommy and daddy. I can not wait to have them here and spoil them like grandparents do, My daughter in law is one of those mothers who do not want her children away from her. She is a Dr. and just finished her residency and just took her state boards and starts in a OB/GYN practice the second week of Aug, son is takeing her to Vegas for some time for them to be alone. She has devoted 10 yrs to her education, and not is time for grandma and grandpa to grab at the time to have them kids with us. Wife has big plans for us all while they are here, the parks, swimming at friends, picnics, story hours, just hope i can keep up LOL. But i know I will love every minute of it and deffinately sure wife will enjoy haveing them here.
I never knew how much grand children meant to parents untill i got some. Is that usually how it goes??

Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2011, 10:47 PM
RE: Grandkids
yeppers it is...they are Gods reward for not killing our children...ours to love,spoil and send home.....enjoy em they also turn into teenagers

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
07-12-2011, 11:23 PM
and they grow up way to fast lollol

worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing
07-13-2011, 01:54 PM
They are nice to have but it sure would be nice to be able to send them home
07-21-2011, 03:27 PM
This is the weeend my son and his wife go to Vegas, I guess my wife and I do not get to keep our grandchildren at out house. My son and his wife have decided we are not good enough for the kids. My son is a rsss and his wife a witch, grandparents not good enough for them, they dried sorry excuses as to why they can not come here, how about my wife is diabetic, dosen't trust my driving because of the meds i take. would hve to pack too much for the kids, excuses after excuses, i even offered to have his sister drive over and get them, not they are only 3 hrs away not states away, have not been home will be 3 yrs this xmas, the 18month have never been to our house, wife ande i have had our heart broked one time to many with them, if my son had not had the good life he had growing up he would not not have the good live he has today, my son was never live this growing up and prior to his getting married, and my wfie diabetic was good enough to haul my son and all his friends around when he lived at home but she not good enough for our grand ddaughters, i am not going to live my life with him continutal hurting his mother and myself. I am done i am not going to dwell on it anty more and go to bed crying, there will be the day those girls grow up and want to know why they were not allowed to see there grandparents, and at that time i will hopefully get the love and affection that we have been deprived, but it will never make up from not getting to watch those little girls grown, he is only hurting his daughters and he will never look at it like that. His wifes family he call disfunctional, guess he must be convinced we are not any good either. Gave this child everything growing up, wife and i did without so he could have the good life and do and go everywhere he wanted, got him most everything he wanted, but got him definately what he need in life, sent him to college, and boy what thanks he gives his mother. Her and woman who was told not to have children and she went ahead and had , while putting her on life in jeopardy. The Thanks we get as parents. So her and i willl go out and enjoy the days she has taken off work to do this, not knowing where our ganddaughters are at or who is with them. HOW ** SAD

Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
07-21-2011, 06:42 PM
CF I am sorry, they are not playing fair with not letting the grandchildren stay with you.

I have a similar situation with my grandchildren, the daughter-in-law will not let me see my grandchildren at all.
My son has lunch with my hubby and I often but he is not allowed to bring his children to see us.
Hubby and I did not buy them a house several years ago when they found one they liked and she has been mad at us since. I blame my son as he does not have a spine and will not stand up to her.

You and your wife go enjoy the time you have together .
07-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Grandkids are definitely the very, very best. I managed to talk my daughter into letting me babysit for them. Now if I could get my hubby to let them come over.
07-21-2011, 10:28 PM
CF I am so sorry Grands can hurt us because we love them so much and have little to no control over getting to see them.....All you can do is tell your son how you feel and give it to God...enjoy your wife and give her the love this weekend you would have given your grand daughters as both your hearts are broken....sending you lots of hugs from Oklahoma.....come on and we will go camping....

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
07-21-2011, 11:32 PM
I've been a mother for 28+ yrs and a grand mother for 6, I love my 3 kids dearly but the love of those 3 little ones, Kye, Kaitlyn and Zoie is beyond all. When they moved to Oklahoma over a yr ago it was so hard, I got to see them twice and then we had a problem with our daughter and she broke off all contact. They're back in KS now, 29 miles away, it's getting easier to see them and I just love playing with them, watching them grow, hearing them talk. Then the hugs that I get when I leave lasts me for days. So CF, Bummer Knees I understand that separation pain, that ache. For me it's a worse pain than seeing my youngest off to school for the first time. Prayers my friends, life is never easy so hang onto whatever joy you can get.
07-22-2011, 01:30 AM
My wife and I would love to have them here so we could spoil them and send them home, but the kids think they are too good for my sons parents.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  In Honor Of Our Kids and GrandKids Going Back To School. chrischris 13 3,519 08-18-2009 09:29 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Heeerrreeees Tuffy who just got elfed with grandkids... CRABBY 16 2,656 12-02-2007 09:20 PM
Last Post: red1030