Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compensation for my "other" job - self-employed
I was injured in my part-time job and have been receiving benefits. I was just cleared to go back to work. However, for my full-time job (Realtor) the workman's comp insurer has not paid me anything. I sent them (the insurer) my last 5 years of Real Estate income as my income varies. They tell me that "IF" they compensate me it will be based on my income for the previous 52 weeks from date of injury. That happens to be the worst 52 weeks I've ever had. Is this the correct way to calculate my compensation or is there another way for people in my position? I live in Massachusetts if that matters.
Thanks for any information.

bill

(06-27-2011, 03:49 PM)bill267 Wrote: I was injured in my part-time job and have been receiving benefits. I was just cleared to go back to work. However, for my full-time job (Realtor) the workman's comp insurer has not paid me anything. I sent them (the insurer) my last 5 years of Real Estate income as my income varies. They tell me that "IF" they compensate me it will be based on my income for the previous 52 weeks from date of injury. That happens to be the worst 52 weeks I've ever had. Is this the correct way to calculate my compensation or is there another way for people in my position? I live in Massachusetts if that matters.
Thanks for any information.

bill

that is how the law reads.
http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/Genera...2/Section1
although if you can produce a better method of calculating the income/earnings you lost during the recovery period you might be able to appeal.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long must an employer keep me employed after returning to work? (California) christiev 3 8,181 02-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Last Post: 1171
  rules for wc when no longer employed there eslabau 2 3,576 03-28-2009, 07:23 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  employed 7 years for same company. fighting me on my claim. how long will this take? cindy1959 11 8,026 12-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel