Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tenn. law bans posting images that "cause emotional distress"
A new Tennessee law makes it a crime to "transmit or display an image" online that is likely to "frighten, intimidate or cause emotional distress" to someone who sees it. Violations can get you almost a year in jail time or up to $2500 in fines.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/...stress.ars
Tongue
Jayne,
in light of the new law could you please change your username?

the image conjured up by JAYNE cause me distress....
Big Grin
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thats a terrible law............How and who would decide if it caused someone harm........ What a crock.... Jayne's alien scares me to death too.........lol.

Someone better tell our congress representatives, so they don't transmit images of their schmeckel into Tennessee. Oh wait, congress always exempts themselves from these sort of things.....

(06-08-2011, 09:28 PM)admin Wrote: Someone better tell our congress representatives, so they don't transmit images of their schmeckel into Tennessee. Oh wait, congress always exempts themselves from these sort of things.....

yeah! that "schmeckel" frightened me!

someone should sell a tennessee screen cover that would turn opaque when an image was flagged by the tennessee distress filter.
I'm sure Jayne would add obama to the list.
Nobody would ever have to see something they disagreed with. what a fantasy life we could live.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

but 1171 I thought we had buried the hatchet and were friends.....whats that in my back.....could it be...no ....1171 did you just stab me in the back? ahhhhhh well shucks I got a daughter in Tenn.guess she could file charges for me every time Obamas face is flashed on the tube Lord knows it offends me.....I could get rich and not have to play the lottery...poor ol weiner has really been using that thing I hope its prettier than his face...but it sure has been around...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

teasing is usually acceptable.
personal attacks are rarely good form.
hopefully we both can tell the difference....

I don't think you have to be in tennessee; you just have to show that an electron passed thru tennessee on it's way to distress you that counts. so you should be good to file.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Well, I guess its a good thing I don't live there. I could wind up serving life.

Now that is a thought. If someone is dealing with WC and doesn't like thier medical care. They could try the federal system.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I dont think Obama goes to Tenn.. to many rednecks with really good aim and work ethics that like to keep what they work for.....lol

Jayne, I think 1171 was clearly teasing you. I think your skin is thicker than that. I know your head is. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... Big GrinCoolRolleyesWinkBig GrinSmileTongueBig GrinCoolRolleyesTongueSmileWinkCoolBig GrinRolleyesShyBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Sorry. Could not resist.

"tennessee distress filter". Too funny.

it is funny....and I know she was teasing but I stand by the Obama wont be going to Tenn.statement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Been having troubles posting Bummer Knees 6 2,597 07-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Just posting.........(good read for those suffering depression :-) )........ chrischris 16 6,634 07-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Last Post: red1030
Question Question about posting? vickinat 5 2,722 11-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Last Post: vickinat
  Sorry I Haven't been Posting Much!! Still in Limbo 25 11,245 07-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Last Post: backache
  What is a Posting Freak? chrischris 19 5,555 11-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Last Post: monster
  Taking a Break from Posting for a While!! Still in Limbo 11 5,068 10-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Last Post: mel1980
  posting a pic Bummer Knees 9 3,931 09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Last Post: CRABBY