Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vicodin-How quickily can one become addicted? Trying to avoid pain meds
well the squash row is in real need........
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

(05-23-2011, 10:13 PM)Cycler Wrote: Allison;
Vicodin is not particularly addicting, as it is a a weak opiate with minimal euphoric inducing properties - why people get addicted. but rather is extremely harmful to the liver, kidneys and heart because of the acetominophen content, low dose maybe but not day in and day out for years on end. the long term use of low does acetaminophen has been demonstrated to induce hypertension in healthy middle aged women in a study at Brigham Women's Hospital some years ago.

This statement above to to the OP was False and misleading. Bottom line. I am extremely dependent/hooked/ addicted/ to Hydrocodone. I did not want the OP to believe this based on what? Googling?

I have been on this Narcotic for break through pain for many years. It is good to me in many ways and I wish I had never taken it. One day I will probably have to "check in" if I want to be free from this Narcotic.

(06-01-2011, 03:53 PM)jayne Wrote: well the squash row is in real need........

I cannot work a garden; I have a back injury for Life. I wish I could....

Freebird I work a garden....it is slow work but you have to do things different I have a 1/2 acre garden I have weeds...I have a tow behind tiller it hooks to the riding lawn mower...the rows have to be wide apart to account for this....you have to use black out fabric to keep weeds down....and it helps if you have a helper to do the heavy work....there is lots of different things out there now to help us.....5 gallon buckets are great for us too and most every thing we want to grow can be grown in a 5 gallon bucket....

I have a container garden of 5 gallon buckets & large planters. My plants produced more vegetables than my daughter's in ground garden.

The year I had the knee replacement I had a container garden, everything was planted and starting to produce before I had the surgery the end of June of 08. Getting outside on my deck was the best therapy for me emotionally and physically that year. I continue to do my container garden every year and learn as I go.

A few years back, well maybe 5... I worked for an investment property company.. It was our job to maintain a trailor court with about 250 mobile homes. The court was filled with mostly 60-70 year olds.. Most of them were older homes so they still had the 4 ft hitch in the front.. They boxed them in and made awsome gardens about 2 1/2 ft high. I learned alot from them older folks, when your older or disabled you find ways to still enjoy life by making things easier....

I was brought up with a hoe in my Hand. We raised every vegetable that would grow in Louisiana. We worked that garden daily from the planting of Potatoes to the last turnip green in late Oct. Then we shelled corn all year for them darn Hogs.

I now garden at walmarts or the farmers market. Deer eat our garden's and I actually do not like a garden. There is no way a person saves money raising a garden. It is a hobby and no fun to me.

RE: Blithely:

I was referring to your continued and frequent misuse of the word addiction as in you are addicted to Vicodin when in fact you are dependent and not addicted. THis is not a simple semantic issue and you do your self and others a disservice by not using accurate terminology.; i.e lacking due thought or consideration. What does your family have to do with it anyway ? Get it right.

So - put up time: On what basis or data do you continue to argue that Vicodin is "very addicting" or is this simply ytour opinion based on your experience of describing your own physical dependance on hydrocodone ?

Before you start pounding the keys might I suggest a re-reading of the definitions of the terms in question: dependance and addiction.

WHy am I on you like this ? Because honest and moral injured folks who require opiates in attempting to manage their chronic pain suffer needless discrimination and finger pointing as "addicts" by knuckleheads who don't know what the term means when nothing could be farther from the truth.
To wit - YOU claim you are addicted - ok - what crimes have you committed to get drugs ? Maybe you are.

(06-01-2011, 10:09 AM)freebird Wrote:
(06-01-2011, 08:29 AM)Cycler Wrote: Vocalbulary ????
C'mon dude, at least understand the words you so blithely throw about here.

Yes you are but you are not addicted and Yes, Vicodin has no place in the treatment of long term chronic pain - but not for the reasons you may think.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/blithely

Definition of BLITHE
: of a happy lighthearted character or disposition
: lacking due thought or consideration : casual, heedless <blithe unconcern>

Really? My wife of 34 years, my 2 girls age 30 and 28 and my 2 grandchildren would strongly disagree with you.
Do not start with character assassination.

I think you over analyze with google scriptures. My story is Real world and currently on going.

I am the individual in this thread who said Hydrocodone is very addicting and someone has a misleading message saying it basically is not. This started with Vicodin and you bought Oxy into the thread.

Pick a lock dude.

RE: Blithely:

I was referring to your continued and frequent misuse of the word addiction as in you are addicted to Vicodin when in fact you are dependent and not addicted. THis is not a simple semantic issue and you do your self and others a disservice by not using accurate terminology.; i.e lacking due thought or consideration. What does your family have to do with it anyway ? Get it right.

So - put up time: On what basis or data do you continue to argue that Vicodin is "very addicting" or is this simply ytour opinion based on your experience of describing your own physical dependance on hydrocodone ?

Before you start pounding the keys might I suggest a re-reading of the definitions of the terms in question: dependance and addiction.

WHy am I on you like this ? Because honest and moral injured folks who require opiates in attempting to manage their chronic pain suffer needless discrimination and finger pointing as "addicts" by knuckleheads who don't know what the term means when nothing could be farther from the truth.

(06-01-2011, 10:09 AM)freebird Wrote:
(06-01-2011, 08:29 AM)Cycler Wrote: Vocalbulary ????
C'mon dude, at least understand the words you so blithely throw about here.

Yes you are but you are not addicted and Yes, Vicodin has no place in the treatment of long term chronic pain - but not for the reasons you may think.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/blithely

Definition of BLITHE
: of a happy lighthearted character or disposition
: lacking due thought or consideration : casual, heedless <blithe unconcern>

Really? My wife of 34 years, my 2 girls age 30 and 28 and my 2 grandchildren would strongly disagree with you.

I think you over analyze with google scriptures. My story is Real world and currently on going.

I am the individual in this thread who said Hydrocodone is very addicting and someone has a misleading message saying it basically is not. This started with Vicodin and you bought Oxy into the thread.

Pick a lock dude.

I remember now why you were put on vacation

Oh me oh my; Cycler, You are a confused puppy. You need a break. As far as you "being on me" only with words on this forum that I promise.

Okay, I admit to a crime....... I farted in the meat market at walmarts and blew the wrapping off the Hamburger meat and did not report it! Dang I feel better.

Thank you .
So you have now demonstrated to the world at large that you are in fact NOT addicted to Vicodin given your complete lack of drug seeking behaviors contrary to your previous statement that you were addicted to Vicodin.

Now to the obvious which I've waited till now to point out hoping that you might mention it yourself:

Hydrocodone in a combination product such as your Blues is a Schedule III controlled substance while ALL oxycodone containing products are Schedule II in the USA. that means there is LESS abuse risk which means that by definition a schedule III drug is less likley to result in addiction BEHAVIORS than a Schedule III drug which negates you original response to my first post and renders ALL you subsequent opinions invalid on purely scientific terms.

STOP referring to opiate dependent pain patients as addicted, yourself included. The term is dependent as in physically dependent and given that simple correction to your premise then you are correct, Vicodin is just as likely to cause physical dependency as oxycodone.

I'm glad we agree as all is now right with the world. Kumbaya buddy. Kumbaya

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pain meds redsoxfan 8 4,864 05-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Last Post: redsoxfan
  CPAP and pain meds Manley2 0 1,851 02-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Pain meds and weather? ammowoman 9 6,147 11-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Last Post: sonny1
  Are your Doctors over-prescribing Pain Meds? 1171 11 12,530 07-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Last Post: 1171
  pain meds after mmi bama50 5 7,137 02-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  just back from pain management all new meds inpainokla 15 10,483 01-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  Who deals with the decision to take pain meds? bagpussinamerica 15 9,406 01-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Pain meds denied once again! Lilly 6 6,196 03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Pooh