Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vicodin-How quickily can one become addicted? Trying to avoid pain meds
hydrocodone poses minimal risk of unmasking or creating addiction behaviors but does cause physical dependence typical of all opiates is what you actually meant to say. The "words" have actual meaning, are not synonymous, are not interchangeable and cause needless worry and discrimination.

LMGTFY: http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/cont.../11/2014-a

(05-31-2011, 12:39 PM)Cycler Wrote: hydrocodone poses minimal risk of unmasking or creating addiction behaviors but does cause physical dependence typical of all opiates is what you actually meant to say. The "words" have actual meaning, are not synonymous, are not interchangeable and cause needless worry and discrimination.

Well, I am impressed with your vocabulary/grammar but I still say Hydrocodone is very addictive and should never be used long term only for acute pain.

I am depent/hooked/need/love/etc. of it bigtime and it suxs. Time for another Blue as I type.

I was on norcos for the past 3 years,It took me 10 days of misery with withdrawls.
but I finally got rid of that medication, Iam now taking tramadol in a low dose, I feel better
and fully awake....if you can stop now do so....trmadol works good for pain.
and is not that addictive......Iam happy Iam off hydrocodone.....
I was on norcos for the past 3 years,It took me 10 days of misery with withdrawls.
but I finally got rid of that medication, Iam now taking tramadol in a low dose, I feel better
and fully awake....if you can stop now do so....trmadol works good for pain.
and is not that addictive......Iam happy Iam off hydrocodone.....

When they gave me tramadol, I was dizzy and felt light headed.. It did work at first, but came soon to realize it wasnt the drug for me.....Not strong enough.. Then put on vicodin 5-500 and that worked out well. Almost a year later it wasnt keeping painlevels down so they added oxy 20 mg's for breakthrough pain.. Then put me on oxy 20 mg er and kept getting dizy lightheaded and just couldnt function and didnt help as much as the plain 20 mg oxy.. I am now on percocets and gabapentin and its like night and day... Doesnt keep me pain free, but at least I can function to some degree so Im not confined to laying down..

Often wonder why DR house dont stop his vicodin and try oxy....lol.

(05-31-2011, 05:28 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: When they gave me tramadol, I was dizzy and felt light headed.. It did work at first, but came soon to realize it wasnt the drug for me.....Not strong enough.. Then put on vicodin 5-500 and that worked out well. Almost a year later it wasnt keeping painlevels down so they added oxy 20 mg's for breakthrough pain.. Then put me on oxy 20 mg er and kept getting dizy lightheaded and just couldnt function and didnt help as much as the plain 20 mg oxy.. I am now on percocets and gabapentin and its like night and day... Doesnt keep me pain free, but at least I can function to some degree so Im not confined to laying down..

Often wonder why DR house dont stop his vicodin and try oxy....lol.

I Love House! LOL

Vocalbulary ????
C'mon dude, at least understand the words you so blithely throw about here.

Yes you are but you are not addicted and Yes, Vicodin has no place in the treatment of long term chronic pain - but not for the reasons you may think.

(05-31-2011, 01:41 PM)freebird Wrote:
(05-31-2011, 12:39 PM)Cycler Wrote: hydrocodone poses minimal risk of unmasking or creating addiction behaviors but does cause physical dependence typical of all opiates is what you actually meant to say. The "words" have actual meaning, are not synonymous, are not interchangeable and cause needless worry and discrimination.

Well, I am impressed with your vocabulary/grammar but I still say Hydrocodone is very addictive and should never be used long term only for acute pain.

I am depent/hooked/need/love/etc. of it bigtime and it suxs. Time for another Blue as I type.

(06-01-2011, 08:29 AM)Cycler Wrote: Vocalbulary ????
C'mon dude, at least understand the words you so blithely throw about here.

Yes you are but you are not addicted and Yes, Vicodin has no place in the treatment of long term chronic pain - but not for the reasons you may think.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/blithely

Definition of BLITHE
: of a happy lighthearted character or disposition
: lacking due thought or consideration : casual, heedless <blithe unconcern>

Really? My wife of 34 years, my 2 girls age 30 and 28 and my 2 grandchildren would strongly disagree with you.
Do not start with character assassination.

I think you over analyze with google scriptures. My story is Real world and currently on going.

Do not start with character assassination.

I am the individual in this thread who said Hydrocodone is very addicting and someone has a misleading message saying it basically is not. This started with Vicodin and you bought Oxy into the thread.

Pick a lock dude.

Okay children enough!

Now get back to helping the injured workers of this forum!

I have a huge garden they can weed its the punishment of the summer here 10 rows a row at a time....which row you all want first 6 rows are tomatos and peppers..then we get into squash and green beans and cukes and watermelon....kids hate weeding the squash.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Well Jayne that is what we have here on this thread, the behavior of two kids who need to spend some time pulling weeds.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pain meds redsoxfan 8 5,089 05-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Last Post: redsoxfan
  CPAP and pain meds Manley2 0 1,892 02-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Pain meds and weather? ammowoman 9 6,382 11-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Last Post: sonny1
  Are your Doctors over-prescribing Pain Meds? 1171 11 12,891 07-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Last Post: 1171
  pain meds after mmi bama50 5 7,293 02-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  just back from pain management all new meds inpainokla 15 10,694 01-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  Who deals with the decision to take pain meds? bagpussinamerica 15 9,719 01-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  Pain meds denied once again! Lilly 6 6,350 03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Pooh