• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana PPI
I am about to recieve MMI and my doc is going to issue a PPI rate and I am wondering what the PPI should be around considering type of injury and restrictions that has been the norm since all this began.

Diagnosis:
Sacroilitis
Lumbar Strain

restrictions:
no prolonged standing over 30 min
no push/pull over 10pd
no repetitive lifting, twisting, bending
no prolonged sitting over 30 min

My job was of phyisical in nature and very challenging mentally, and job has stated that I can not return to work until ALL restrictions is lifted. And, considering that has not been no improvement my doc will release back to work but with these restrictions. So another question is if my doc will not sign off on short term disability then what do?

I have no other job qualifications other than manual work (no skills), hs diploma thats it. Due to Mental Stress and other phyiscal problems I have already filed recently for SSDI but who knows how long that will take, although I believe I will be awarded SSDI at least at the hearing level(in front of judge). Have been diagnosed with Lumbar Stenosis and Depression and Anxiety. Again though, it will be some time before I get to hearing. But, in the mean time whats next for me? I am hoping to get a high enough PPI rating which will help me keep "afloat", but from what I have read it is very hard to get a decent PPI. For me and my ability to survive, and what i have calculated as far as PPI I would need to get at least 35% or so.. but I doubt my doc will even come close to this. This of course means I would need a lawer. Given my current restrictions and assuming they dont change, it would appear that it is out of the question for me to return to any physical demanding job, which to me has been my entire life as far as employement. This should mean a better PPI... but of course I am new to this and really don't have a clue what is going to happen.. hence my rambling and uncertanitity of my future.

any suggestions or ideas what I can expect?

have your emotional/psychological issues been addressed?
they can be considered as part of the injury if there is supporting medical evidence.
Indiana uses the AMA guides for rating.
here's a link to some excerpts on spinal ratings
http://www.neurosurgical.com/insurance/a..._spine.htm

Emotional stress came from the military, but also increased with the developments at work and how I ended up on workmans comp. Not addressed but I will be looking into it because I believe I will need an attorney before to long. From what I read of the link you posted the most I will could get is about 28%, as mentioned earlier even if my doc awarded that(unlikely) it is still a far cry from I would need to survive on while waiting on SSDI results. Not stating that I want to live by excessive means at all, just the opposite actually.. going to food pantry when eligiable, no traveling unless absolutely necessary, most money goes to bills (no credit cards or even car payments).. no change needed as I will get SSDI and VA benefits in the future but I don't want to end up homeless while going through this process in the mean time.

Thank you for your advice and web link.

partial disability is not total disability.
it was never intended as enough to live on but to supplement reduced wages from changing jobs.

Okay I am gonna play the meanie here...what makes you think you are gonna get SSDI? they are pretty good at saying no....telling people you can work as a greeter at Wally world or one of my all time favorites toll booth collectors.....did you have any fusions? any busted discs? did you get a disabilty rating from the military? did you retire from the military?are you married? does your spouse bring in an income to help out till something is found? are you on any meds?anything to prove your mental? its gonna take documentation.....how long have you been off work?..... what was your injury?.....how old are you? lots of questions
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne i looked up sacroilitis, and hear is what i found, if this person only relies on sacroilitis for a PPI rateing, I think it would be very low. Like under 5 percent or so.

Sacroiliitis (sa-kro-il-ee-EYE-tis) is an inflammation of one or both of your sacroiliac joints, which connect your lower spine and pelvis. Sacroiliitis can cause pain in your buttocks or lower back, and may even extend down one or both legs. The pain associated with sacroiliitis is often aggravated by prolonged standing or by stair climbing.

Sacroiliitis has been linked to a group of diseases called spondyloarthropathies, which cause inflammatory arthritis of the spine. Sacroiliitis can be difficult to diagnose, because it may be mistaken for other causes of low back pain. Treatment of sacroiliitis may involve a combination of rest, physical therapy and medications.

symptoms
Symptoms
The pain associated with sacroiliitis most commonly occurs in the buttocks and lower back. It can also affect the legs, groin and even the feet. Sacroiliitis pain can be aggravated by:

Prolonged standing
Bearing weight more on one leg than the other
Stair climbing
Running
Large strides
Extreme postures
causes
Causes
A wide range of factors or events may cause sacroiliac joint dysfunction, including:

Traumatic injury. A sudden impact, such as a motor vehicle accident or a fall, can damage your sacroiliac joints.
Arthritis. Wear-and-tear arthritis (osteoarthritis) can occur in sacroiliac joints, as can ankylosing spondylitis — a type of inflammatory arthritis that affects the spine.
Pregnancy. The sacroiliac joints must loosen and stretch to accommodate childbirth. The added weight and altered gait during pregnancy can cause additional stress on these joints and can lead to abnormal wear.
Infection. In rare cases, the sacroiliac joint can become infected.
complications
Complications
Depending on the severity of the pain, sacroiliitis can make it difficult for you to:

Sit
Stand
Walk
Sleep
Bend
Sacroiliitis may be part of an inflammatory arthritic condition known as ankylosing spondylitis
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

in other words take asprin? according to WC and SSDI.....you may get some relief from heat then....I have heating pads in my living room in my bedroom and in my camper lol its a part of my life any more as well as rice socks and ice packs

(05-03-2011, 09:51 AM)jayne Wrote: in other words take asprin? according to WC and SSDI.....you may get some relief from heat then....I have heating pads in my living room in my bedroom and in my camper lol its a part of my life any more as well as rice socks and ice packs

I think you are so right Jayne
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I have become jaded

Sacroilitis and S I joint issues are severly misunderstood.
Just take asprin?? Wtf. The pain from anything relating to SI joints can potentially be dibilitating. That is my condition. I have SI Joint instability/dysfunction. The types of different injuries in this area are hard to diagnose because people are so skeptical. To tell this person to just take an asprin is assinine. You are acting like everyone else who doubts those w injuries such as this. Injuries in this area not neccessarily show up on regular diagnostic testings. Therefore those of us who have these issues have to put up a harder fight to get ppl to see that we are in fact in debilitating pain and have them believe us. For that statement I feel you are sooo wrong and ignorant to the facts of such injuries. So much for support for your fellow man.
With that said I do agree with you on the SSDI. I have seen many people with herniations and medical xrays to prove it get turned down. Since the injury they are stating they have is hard to diagnos and even harder to prove to people its inevitably going to be harder to get approval for ssdi. How are you so sure you will get it?
31 year old mother of 3. Working as Pre-K Teacher. Tripped over leg of therapy swing, twisted and jammed lower back.
Diagnosed w/ SI Joint Dysfunction. Moderate to severe pain daily. Limiting most functions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help needed in indiana clymerl 7 1,012 05-20-2015, 11:57 AM
Last Post: 1171
Exclamation indianapolis indiana help chuckr 2 2,330 04-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Indiana- Injured school employee, What is typical compensation ? tdn08 6 6,547 03-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Last Post: jmf973
  Indiana-Index Finger-Settlement bradgt04 4 13,852 01-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Last Post: bradgt04
  Indiana Travelers Closed File divechic26 11 5,445 02-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  INDIANA STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS divechic26 2 8,403 02-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Last Post: divechic26
  Indiana Department of Corrections Employment Problems fireside 8 8,498 10-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Indiana-Claim for back strain mrader 1 2,409 09-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Last Post: 1171
  AMA and Indiana question TiredOfHurting09 8 5,258 08-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Last Post: TiredOfHurting09
Sad Need advice - Indiana whisper22000 1 1,910 04-04-2009, 05:40 AM
Last Post: sparkey