Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-25-2015, 04:46 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
settlement check
04-14-2011, 03:33 PM
settlement check
quick question all i had my hearing for the decision of settlement and the judge approved it on march 23 the day of the hearing. now i just got a letter from the comp board saying they approved it and it was filed on april 13. now my lawyer and the judge said it would take 25 days for me to get the check does that mean from the day or the hearing or the date that it was filed in the letter? thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: settlement check
I would think that would be from the date of the hearing.

It was 30 days after my hearing before my attorney received the settlement check.

Once my attorney received the settlement check it was deposited in the business account, it took 7-10 days for the check to clear the bank. Once that happened the attorney took his share, the expenses came out next., and I received the remainder.

Then I received the phone call to pick up the check. I made the deposit into my account with a hold being placed on the account for 7 days until the check cleared the account.
04-14-2011, 04:57 PM
i would say from the date it was filed.
most carriers would not risk making payment and then finding out the settlement was not approved by the comp board.
04-14-2011, 07:45 PM
ok i just heard from my lawyer they have 10 days from the date it was filed. and its 2 separate checks one mailed to lawyer other mailed to me
04-16-2011, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2011 06:45 PM by Cervical_Fusion.)
Here in Ohio i think they have 30days after the 14 days they are provied for an appeal on the rateing, and that would be 30 working days. Each time i have been pd ppd, the check has always been issued to my attorney and they issue a check to me, at that time.

Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Settlement check vwsean1 3 1,411 01-30-2013 03:41 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Settlement Check (edited by Admin) - Virginia Tethys2010 7 7,145 06-22-2011 04:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  settlement check happy go lucky 21 8,166 09-09-2008 08:44 AM
Last Post: Lilly