• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving Company With An Active Case...
Question: What would happen if I were to find a new job with an open and active WC claim? Will the company I'm with now drop everything? Does the claim get handed over to the new company? My attorney is on vacation right now, and this is sort of a burning question at the moment.
Stats to help: I'm in Ohio, currently working 5-6 hours per shift and am not being compensated for the lost hours. Not sure what my attorney has planned as far as the lost wages go. The reason I'm looking to work somewhere else is, well, my job stinks. Too many reasons to list here but they basically include a terrible boss, (I'm not just saying that either, 4 others at work are thinking of quitting as well) rampant unprofessionalism, and simply the fact that I've become bored and have hit a plateau...I've mastered my position and don't really feel I can learn much more. Given that physically I can only work limited hours, I'm assuming that I'm limited to part time work. Unless there's something stipulating that I'm entitled to lost wages because of my injury no matter where I work, which is why I'm asking this question.
Thanks in advance for all responses!Smile
as longas you work within your restrictions there is nothing making you stay....your WC case how ever stays with your old employer
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

no, your claim would still exist.
workers comp is not health insurance. it's not you that has the policy; it's the employer. the employers comp policy continues to protect them as long as you have a claim.
no, the policy and all the costs from their claims stays with the original carrier.
your disability benefits are determined in part by your medical restrictions.
you can find out more here
Good Answers
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about leaving after fully healthy s302 1 1,158 07-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
  bilateral knee injuries at work and fired for leaving for a doctor appointment! unfairly fired 0 2,629 09-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Last Post: unfairly fired
Question Can insurance company just close my case without me knowing. lizdawiz82 8 7,439 10-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  on CVomp. ,, leaving employer brendainpa 5 2,226 08-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Last Post: brendainpa
Question Leaving Employer horsingaround 1 1,692 08-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Last Post: 1171
MyBB Got hired w/new company and then fired because of my workers comp case blueiii96 2 3,548 10-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Filling out job app. after an injury Reason for leaving? borninabarn 7 9,658 09-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Leaving Country due to Family Emergency???? handless 14 7,086 08-29-2007, 05:01 AM
Last Post: rholmes