Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
my military daughter
RESOLUTION NO. 22 By: Dickerson, Brown, Cain, Campbell, Capps, Coffee, Crutchfield, Douglass, Dunlap, Easley, Fair, Fisher, Ford, Haney, Harrison, Helton, Henry, Herbert, Hobson, Horner, Johnson, Kerr, Laughlin, Leftwich, Littlefield, Long, Maddox, Martin, Mickle, Milacek, Monson, Morgan, Muegge, Price, Pruitt, Rabon, Robinson, Rozell, Shurden, Smith, Snyder, Stipe, Taylor, Weedn, Wilcoxson, Wilkerson, Williams and Williamson

A Resolution congratulating U.S. Air Force Staff Sergeant Connie Blair for her key role in the rescue of a downed pilot; commending her entire family for their patriotism; and directing distribution.

WHEREAS, the first allied casualty of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) attack in Serbia was an F-117A stealth fighter plane. At that time a United States Air Force EC-130E control and command plane stationed at Aviano, Italy, was airborne when the downed pilot called for help; and

WHEREAS, the call was received by Staff Sergeant Connie Blair, a radio operator and one of approximately 16 crew members of the plane. The EC-130E acts as the eyes and ears for the NATO command, staying in contact with both the base and planes. Search-and-rescue are among its tasks; and

WHEREAS, in describing the incident, Staff Sergeant Connie Blair recalled, "We heard him; we heard his call sign. He said, 'So-and-so is going down. I'm going down'. When we heard him do a 'Mayday' and he was going down, we were all worried about him and then we went into our job mode. A few hours later, when he was rescued, our whole plane erupted. The excitement inside was deafening. It was nice to know that what we did counted"; and

WHEREAS, such military professionalism is not new to Staff Sergeant Blair. She was a crew member on the plane that communicated with F-16 pilot Scott O'Grady after he was shot down over Bosnia in 1995. The twenty-seven-year-old mother has been in the United States Air Force for nine years; and

WHEREAS, Staff Sergeant Blair's father, Master Sergeant William Fleig of Heavener, Oklahoma, served in Air Force intelligence in both Vietnam and the Persian Gulf War. Staff Sergeant Blair has even served on the same plane that carried her father during the Vietnam Conflict. "She's been in the Air Force since she was born", according to her mother, Jane Fleig. She is the oldest of five children, four of whom are in the military. One brother is a Marine, one sister is in the Army while another sister also serves in the Air Force. Her youngest sister is a freshman at Heavener High School; and

WHEREAS, Connie Blair's mother said "She'll be over there until it's over because she's the best at what she does".

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE SENATE OF THE 1ST SESSION OF THE 47TH OKLAHOMA LEGISLATURE:

THAT the Oklahoma State Senate congratulates U.S. Air Force Staff Sergeant Connie Blair for her key role and involvement in the rescue of a downed American pilot in unfriendly territory.

THAT the Oklahoma State Senate commends Connie Blair's entire family for their patriotism and record of service to this country.

THAT a copy of this resolution be distributed to U.S. Air Force Staff Sergeant Connie Blair, her parents, William and Jane Fleig, and daughter, Sarra.

Adopted by the Senate the 7th day of April, 1999.

President of the Senate

this is one of my proudest papers on my daughter ..besides her birth cit. I cried when they read it to me and handed the fancy one to us with all the seals and ceremony.I cried again just now reading it again.My children make me so proud.......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

this came from the okla senate
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

You should be Proud Jayne, as they always say, "Children are a reflection of their Parents", and I wouldn't expect any less from a child of yours Jayne!!Smile

Jayne that is so awesome and you have every right to be proud! Limbo said it right up there and I really can't say it any better!!! Smile
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Jayne, you would know that you would make me cry. I am so proud and I don't know your daugther. She is just awesome like her mother.. Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

jayne we are so proud rite along with you
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Jayne, I can feel your pride, and what a wonderfull thing you have done raising your children to respect and have so much caring for our country, God Bless you and Yours.

And three cheers for the RED,WHITE, and BLUE.

How wonderful! You have a family to be so proud of and they have a wife and mother to be proud of. It sounds like you have done a great job of raising your children.

Jayne-

Can't say anything more than congrats on such a fine young lady

Big Grin 
Jayne,

Wow, this brought tears to my eyes just feeling the proudness as a parent. Limbo said it better than I could say. God Bless your children for serving our country. When you said your daughter was there till the end because she was the best at what she does, I do believe that. God Bless you proud Mama and take care!

Cajun Hugsssssssssssss,
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So proud of my daughter Bummer Knees 1 2,068 12-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Prayer for my Daughter lucky 4 2,340 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Last Post: lucky
  Found My Daughter UndercovrAngel 7 4,290 10-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Last Post: jayne
  My Daughter's Wedding freebird 7 4,168 09-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Prayers for my daughter bodybuilder1958 15 6,129 12-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Last Post: admin