Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Comedy "Workers' Comp" Starts Filming in April
For all of you who no doubt recognize the inherent humor that permeates the world of workers' compensation ( CoolRolleyes ), a new show starring Morgan Fairchild is set to start shooting in April.

The storyline will apparently be about a family owned insurance company and the weird claims they deal with.

Even stranger, they are filming it in the town where our company is based, Sarasota, FL, proving once and for all that everyone in workers' comp is drawn to us..... Smile

I sure hope this program doesn't belittle the reputation of IW's as a whole. We already carry a stigma associated with filing a claim.

Although, there are "funny" claims. I've handled a couple.

The funniest one I handled was a high school counselor who was sitting at her desk. A cat fell through the ceiling above her and impaled itself on her memo holder. Scared them both! The cat ran off through the hallway with the memo holder through his body. Another counselor started chasing the cat to catch it and hopefully help. When he did, and picked up the cat, he was scratched and bitten very severely; and then the cat died. Well, the poor guy had to go to the ER and file a WC claim. When this was called into me, and I in turn had to report it to I/C, it got a hugh ha ha.

Another funny one was the very first claim I had to document and report. One of our employees was filing a claim for his hemerrhoids.
I was a little uncomfortable first by taking his report, and secondly by relaying it to I/C.

Just hope the show is in good taste. I wouldn't mind being there for the filming. Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......
Admin, please keep us updated on the airing of the program. I don't expect it to air until the fall if they are just starting the shooting. However; I am interested in seeing it.

CC, Hemerrhoids????? If that is a claim, then everyone working could claim it. LOL. I know sooner or latter the boss is going to be a pian in everyones (Jayne's lame attempt to bypass the Bad Word Filter). Thats why they call it WORK. LOL
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 
I'm just not sure about a comedy on WC because in my book there is nothing funny about WC. Seems like they are just going to make a big joke out of WC
Hurry Admin
maybe you can sign on to become her work comp consultant and general script advisor.....

"Footer/signature" used in all my posts:
........Each state has their own comp system. We need to know which state the claim was filed in to provide accurate information.........
I see nothing good about this show, work comp has a very negative stigma and this will only add to it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Co Workers/Workers Comp. 241050 1 1,252 08-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Last Post: 1171
  A busy April and an update Bummer Knees 8 4,206 03-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  My Workers Comp. Cervical_Fusion 2 2,284 05-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Last Post: fatboy
Sad workers comp lump sum settlement/ medicare set-aside account Dutchy 46 54,693 09-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Confirmed, April eye surgery has failed bodybuilder1958 1 1,785 06-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Last Post: monster1963
  Denied Workers Comp Cervical_Fusion 0 2,334 10-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Granddaughter starts school freebird 4 3,015 08-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  workers comp settlement multiple injury HMDR 3 16,589 03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
  BINGO - Register now, starts May 10th! jayne 287 257,362 05-28-2010, 10:48 AM
  Now the fun starts. Sadiesmom 9 3,830 02-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy