Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Hello There, Guest! Register

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanency Hearing
02-01-2011, 11:11 AM,
Permanency Hearing
Finally after almost 6 years I will have what I hope is the last WC hearing. On February 14th I believe a decision will be made on my rating and future weekly payments. It will be either 268.00 or 400.00 per week with lifetime medical. (NY and Vol FF WC claim)
My docs have me at 100% and the IC docs at 50%. I need 75% or better to get the max. The time seems to go so S L O W when you're waiting for something
Wish me luck
Take Care and Be Well
Tom
02-01-2011, 12:44 PM,
RE: Permanency Hearing
tpm I hope it turns out the way you want it to. Yes waiting seems like it takes for ever.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED
04-19-2011, 01:37 PM,
Well yesterday started out being my worst pain day ever. I was bed ridden with pain so bad it was making me throw up. Pain was so severe in the back of my neck and head I really couldn't move at all. When my wife got home at 3:30 she insisted I call my doctor who told me I was likely getting really bad spasms. My pain meds didn't even touch the pain. My doctor said I should get to the hospital so I called my fire department which took me. Once there the doc could see how tight the back of my neck was and gave me a morphine injection plus some Valium. This brought my pain down to where it usually is . Guess I should have made that decision in the morning.
Doing better today until I found out my case IS being appealed. The IC filed on the last day possible. Now I guess I'll be waiting 4 to 6 months for a decision
It's never easy
Take Care and Be Well
Tom
04-19-2011, 03:23 PM,
TPM I am sorry I cannot remember do you have SSDI?the weather here has been hell on my neck and back.....have you made rice socks for your neck? take 2 tube socks and fill with rice nearly to the top...tie a knot in them you can put these in the freezer or microwave for heat these will loosen your neck when used heat then cold.....sorry if this doesnt make sense really medicated today...someone please say this better
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

04-19-2011, 03:32 PM,
(04-19-2011, 03:23 PM)jayne Wrote: TPM I am sorry I cannot remember do you have SSDI?the weather here has been hell on my neck and back.....have you made rice socks for your neck? take 2 tube socks and fill with rice nearly to the top...tie a knot in them you can put these in the freezer or microwave for heat these will loosen your neck when used heat then cold.....sorry if this doesnt make sense really medicated today...someone please say this better

Thanks Jayne, I will try the rice socks you mention. And yes I do have SSDI. My Medicare just started this month also
I hope you're feeling better
Take Care and Be Well
Tom
04-19-2011, 04:58 PM,
new meds this month....or same meds just upped the dose.....thats our life now....pain and upping the dose.....every time I go my Dr asks is your pain being controlled? where is it on the scale this time I told him no its not....where is it on the scale.....I am sick of their scale......they ask me this after they put me on the one that says I am gaining weight?? he says Jayne where is your pain????????? mmm Dr Willis put your nuts between two bricks and hit it with a sledge hammer.....as he turns a very funny shade of green then red then white I say yessssss right about there.....he upped my dose.....why are men so attached to them things???????????

04-19-2011, 05:37 PM,
Got to love them pain scales, I find they differ from pain clinics, chiro, and mr primary.. Before I was pulled from work the last time the chiro would ask what it was, I said 4, the next person comes in and I can hear him say 9 to 10.... Well after a few visits I questioned him on his scale........He gave me a copy and I couldnt believe the difference. After that appointment I went by thiers, it was a 8 by thier pain scale... My problem is when I got hurt I had so many broken/fractured bones and I placed that as my 10 on the scale...

Jayne must have sat down in some fire ants today.... Never seen you post like that.......lol.

TPM, I hope your pain lightens.....
04-19-2011, 05:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2011, 05:48 PM by Cervical_Fusion.)
Jayne they are sacred to us
Bronco I was like you with the pain scale. The last time i went to my primary care physician I got her to make me a copy of their pain scale. SO that is what i use with me WC dr's now.and by that pain scale i stay at an 8 most every day.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
04-19-2011, 06:41 PM,
so is my spine.....and when some alien is twisting it in a knot and then stomping on it....it hurts

04-20-2011, 03:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2011, 05:10 PM by Cervical_Fusion.)
(04-19-2011, 06:41 PM)jayne Wrote: so is my spine.....and when some alien is twisting it in a knot and then stomping on it....it hurts

Jayne if that was a mans nxxs that would be deadly painful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  permanency usetobeswift 3 1,624 12-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
  permanency awards jdifelice 10 8,230 10-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy