Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New need help please
ratings are from 0 to 100 with 100 being totally disabled.
the duration of the payments increase with the rating.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-02-2011, 11:49 AM)limpy Wrote: Hello,
I am from AZ and would like some help/suggestions as to what I should do next. I suffered a knee fracture this past june at work, their doctor had me walking around on it for 2 weeks ( but i was smart and used my own crutches) until they completed an MRI and identified the fracture. I have been on modified duties at work which has me concerned as another staff was let go for being on modified duties for over a year due to a work related injury. It has been 6 months and 2 doctors later and I have been told I have Post Traumatic Arthritis and will probably not be able to resume to my pre injury job. This also means I will lose my certification as i will not be able to physically meet the requirements. The job they have me doing now, they posted this position both enternally and externally and I applied out of fear of not having a job ... but i have not heard anything. This job would be a little lower paying .you need a lawyer (workerscomp) they have to retrain you for a new line of work, at no cost to you.

so you are saying I might get enough for a pack of Gum with a 5 % rating then .... that's funny ... I figured out my wage loss until I retire from this injury at around $200,000 not including pay raises

(01-13-2011, 12:44 AM)1171 Wrote: ratings are from 0 to 100 with 100 being totally disabled.
the duration of the payments increase with the rating.

Limpy it isnt figured that way...raises are not factored in....you are given so many weeks.....in most states it is 500.. if you are rated at 5% you are payed for 25 weeks of your comp pay....minus legal fees if you had a lawyer....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne here in Ohio that 5% would be called weeks. You take the weeks and double it, and that would be the number of weeks a person would be entitled to be paid as per partial award. So double the 5% then it would be 10 weeks they would be paid in Ohio. Not very much is it, a person would not get rich in out great state even if you had a 95% you would get paid for 190 weeks, short of 4 years payments. So no where close those who pay up to 500 weeks.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

no no one gets rich on WC
CF I may be wrong about the amount of weeks even here....

No lawyer here ... and i have been getting money for the past 6 months due to my modified duty.. but just recently got a rating.. sounds like i would be better off if they didn't rate it ??

(01-15-2011, 09:56 PM)jayne Wrote: no no one gets rich on WC
CF I may be wrong about the amount of weeks even here....

if he gave you a rating he has most likely put you at MMI....which means now they will talk settlement...hopefully your employer will keep you on and not ask for a comp and release....which is they give you a bit nicer settlement but you agree to quit the job

I go back to the doc next month to talk about treament options... and work has already placed me into a position i can do (it's just lower paying)can't see the doc thinking MMI when he said he could get more fixed on me and will discuss more options at next appt. thanks for all the replies .. i am clueless, don't want to get a lawyer ( what's the point) but do want to know somethings so i don't get screwed.

(01-15-2011, 11:22 PM)jayne Wrote: if he gave you a rating he has most likely put you at MMI....which means now they will talk settlement...hopefully your employer will keep you on and not ask for a comp and release....which is they give you a bit nicer settlement but you agree to quit the job

(01-13-2011, 12:18 AM)limpy Wrote: ok went to see my doctor yesterday ... he has finally said i have a permanant disability .... he put a 5 % rating on my knee ... what does this mean ????
dear do not lose your hope . hope give you life maybe you have insurance plane by company due to this they put 5% rate for it.