Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New need help please
Hello,
I am from AZ and would like some help/suggestions as to what I should do next. I suffered a knee fracture this past june at work, their doctor had me walking around on it for 2 weeks ( but i was smart and used my own crutches) until they completed an MRI and identified the fracture. I have been on modified duties at work which has me concerned as another staff was let go for being on modified duties for over a year due to a work related injury. It has been 6 months and 2 doctors later and I have been told I have Post Traumatic Arthritis and will probably not be able to resume to my pre injury job. This also means I will lose my certification as i will not be able to physically meet the requirements. The job they have me doing now, they posted this position both enternally and externally and I applied out of fear of not having a job ... but i have not heard anything. This job would be a little lower paying .

look for jobs within your restrictions with other employers.
the more options you have the better.
if you need vocational rehabilitation help:
http://www.ica.state.az.us/Claims/Claims...ation.aspx
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

So what your saying is ... get hurt at work and expect no loyalty and there is nothing you can do but look for a new job ... that's wonderful... sure makes you want to get up and give your all doesn't it

(01-02-2011, 04:15 PM)1171 Wrote: look for jobs within your restrictions with other employers.
the more options you have the better.
if you need vocational rehabilitation help:
http://www.ica.state.az.us/Claims/Claims...ation.aspx

correct.
right-to work laws mean employers and employees are both free to move/quit/leave without asking permission or giving a reason.
it works both ways.
if you are a union member you often have much more rights then those who aren't.
however the employer cannot discriminate or retaliate against a worker for filing a claim.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

So I guess even though I am not down in the factory working on machines like i was hired to do ... I should be happy they are letting me take the orders in the office even though it's less pay.

(01-03-2011, 09:51 PM)1171 Wrote: correct.
right-to work laws mean employers and employees are both free to move/quit/leave without asking permission or giving a reason.
it works both ways.
if you are a union member you often have much more rights then those who aren't.
however the employer cannot discriminate or retaliate against a worker for filing a claim.

Limpy, I believe wc will pay up to 2/3 of your pay loss.... It is an unfair system, but alot of injured workers dont have jobs to go back to.... When I was given restrictions my employer didnt have a job for me, they said no restrictions. They did keep my job for me, even though they hired a temp untill I was able to return with no restrictions... Here they dont have to keep your job open longer then 12 weeks, I was off for almost 14 months... I was pulled from work last may again with the same senerio, but I believe even if I was able to work they wont rehire me back.....

After working for 8 years I was put on restrictions and my employer did not honor them and I loss my position. I have one year from the date I left to find a job with the restrictions (with the same company) and W/C has to pay the difference in my salary at 2/3 of my pay when I was injured. I am in DC and maybe the things are different here, but it's no picnic. If I do not find a job that will adhere to my restrictions by the one year mark from going out on W/C, I will be removed from payroll and lose everything. I should have just sued my employer when I injured myself instead of filing W/C.

you cannot sue your employer for being injured on the job....you can file thru OSHA but if they are fined Osha gets the money you dont.....they are protected by workmans comp insurance...you can only sue if they dont carry workmans comp insurance....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I am grateful they have found something for me to do ... and I know i am way better off then most here ... it just sucks that while doing your job you get hurt and get screwed .... Do you know how long they have to continue to pay the 2/3 ? I did get something saying i qualify for partial payments since i am working ... also if they make me take the lower paying position ... would i keep getting the 2/3 from WC

(01-06-2011, 11:30 PM)bronco54501 Wrote: Limpy, I believe wc will pay up to 2/3 of your pay loss.... It is an unfair system, but alot of injured workers dont have jobs to go back to.... When I was given restrictions my employer didnt have a job for me, they said no restrictions. They did keep my job for me, even though they hired a temp untill I was able to return with no restrictions... Here they dont have to keep your job open longer then 12 weeks, I was off for almost 14 months... I was pulled from work last may again with the same senerio, but I believe even if I was able to work they wont rehire me back.....

ok went to see my doctor yesterday ... he has finally said i have a permanant disability .... he put a 5 % rating on my knee ... what does this mean ????