Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 05-06-2015, 07:38 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
auto accident in work car going to work
01-01-2011, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2011 05:05 PM by Jparr.)
auto accident in work car going to work
Need help in best course on this issue. Recently involved in accident on way to work in work take home car. Injury to lower back showed itself several days later. I orginially filed a workers comp report to protect myself, this was the day of the accident. I was not at fault in accident. Upon day of feeling pain in lower back, I contacted my local workers comp rep (in house person, not workers comp official) and told them of injury. Gave me a list of doctors to see. I wanted to see a chiropractor so went on my own planning on using my own insurance for copays...rather than deal with hassles of workers comp I have heard about. Now have been there 4 times and at fault insurance company calling me wanting to settle. Workers comp sent me a packet in the mail to fill out a claim. What should I do at this stage? Any ideas would be appreciated. Keep in mind that I did not go to the workers comp doctor. Can't I still use my own insurance instead? i do plan on taking a settlement from the third party insurance, but what if workers comp turns me down for some reason...then can I use my own insurance for the copays. Live in virginia. thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2011, 05:58 PM
RE: auto accident in work car going to work
best tell the truth in all things or it will come around and bite you in the butt...WC will pay first then take it back from 3rd party....if you dont do it correctly they can get you for fraud.....

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
01-01-2011, 06:33 PM
(01-01-2011 05:58 PM)jayne Wrote:  best tell the truth in all things or it will come around and bite you in the butt...WC will pay first then take it back from 3rd party....if you dont do it correctly they can get you for fraud.....

Understood. Just trying to find out if me not going the wc dr. Will cause them to not handle the claim. And if so what do i do then? The way I understand it is not possible to use my insurance due to it being work related. If workers comp turns it down for some reason all i have left is to collect from the third party and pay the bills that way? Thanks
01-01-2011, 06:54 PM
when you went to the Dr you should have told him then it was in a work auto he would have then put it in the record...you then get ahold of your HR person and they file it for you.....you will also have a 3rd party claim of which WC will be paid back first.... you get the remainder if any.....best if you feel the need you find a lawyer that can handle both......

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
01-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I would be persueing a WC claim at this point. If WC denies the claim then your personal insurance should take over. I would also be on the phone to my personal insurance and let them know that " I did not know that I was suppose to file a WC claim".

8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. Jesus died for our sins. Soilders died for our freedom.
01-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Okay. Will do. I have filed an initial wc report that first day, just not submtted the followup claim on the injury. I don't think my chiropractor has filed the claim with my insurance yet, I think he was waiting for the treatment to be done. I will check with him to make sure he hasn't and that he files it only with workers comp. Thanks again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Restricted to work 7-4 question (Michigan) and.so.it.begins 3 430 04-05-2015 11:19 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Return to work policy NY Osok 1 233 03-29-2015 07:43 PM
  Transitional work? shndar85 8 548 03-18-2015 10:55 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  can i get a second surgery from work comp due to re-injury during post -op linemanmjk 4 743 02-24-2015 12:29 AM
Last Post: linemanmjk
  returning to work with 34 less hours, can I get another job while working this one mart 1 425 01-27-2015 03:41 AM
  Restriction to Work stella123 1 422 12-15-2014 05:09 PM
  Returnig to work after an injury California_Help 2 2,822 12-14-2014 02:24 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Injury while out on work comp Ny state chris T 1 701 12-07-2014 12:51 PM
Smile modified work atwitsend 5 695 12-07-2014 12:39 AM
Last Post: luckylori
  Out of state employer, modified work???? NepaGuy 8 710 11-28-2014 09:28 PM
Last Post: NepaGuy