Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cervical spine injury question
(07-22-2017, 07:03 PM)bugmann Wrote:
(12-30-2010, 01:56 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote:
Bummer,
Sorry to hear of your suffering. I am disabled due to lumbar DDD. You also have DDD but your effected areas are a little higher. I have some sites for you to read that may help send you down correct path. 1st) you must understand this is permanent and not going to improve without appropriate medical care including but not limited to surgery, pain management.

This absolutely could be related  to a cervical  spine injury. You want this issue addressed ASAP!!!!!!!!!  Because of its location.  

When laying on your back try placing a stiff pillow under knees, when on side try placing pillow between knees or ask your treating DR. for advice as things like a pillow do great things for comforting DDD. \

HERE ARE SOME SITES TO LOOK AT the 1st one is very technical but if you have been learning about your injury which is ALWAYS recommended 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989526/

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/fea...eck-pain#1

https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/...-neck-pain

Except the 1st mostly these are in latmans terms

we all at workers compensation  forums wish you the very  best

BUG  

Ps FEEL FREE TO CALL ON US ANY TUME                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ============================= ===================================                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
I have a question for those with a cervical spine injury.

I sleep on my sides at night and have trouble with tingling down the arms and into the hands and, with my arms & hands going to sleep. Dosn't matter what side I sleep on.
My question is could this be related to problems with the cervical spine?

(I'm unable to sleep on my back due to doing so causes increased pain of the lumbar spine)

This is what my most recent MRI reads:

There is moderate left lateral protrusion of the C5-6 disc. This is causing pressure on the anterior left side of the cord and on the orgin of the left nerve root as it enters the neural foramen.

C4-5 There is mild to moderate spondyletic change with anterior spurring.

C6-7 There is mild spondyletic change with mild anterior spurring.

Thanks for your help.
Bummer Knees

I recommend going to a neurosurgeon who specializes in the spine not brain for a consult.

I also cannot sleep on my back and can only sleep on my side due to pain. I am very sorry for what you are going through.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(12-30-2010, 01:56 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: I have a question for those with a cervical spine injury.

I sleep on my sides at night and have trouble with tingling down the arms and into the hands and, with my arms & hands going to sleep. Dosn't matter what side I sleep on.

(I'm unable to sleep on my back due to doing so causes increased pain of the lumbar spine)

There is moderate left lateral protrusion of the C5-6 disc. This is causing pressure on the anterior left side of the cord and on the orgin of the left nerve root as it enters the neural foramen.

Thanks for your help.
Bummer Knees

At 
(12-30-2010, 01:56 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: I have a question for those with a cervical spine injury.

Thanks for your help.
Bummer Knees

I have a lot of those same symptoms and dx. I also have had bilateral carpal tunnel surgery. I have a lot of trouble with my neck and back still. Sound like your pain could be from what your MRI is showing.

I'm so confused as to where to write my reply, this box did not show up until after I wrote a reply on the original post. Anywho, it sounds like your pain going down your arms is definitely related to your MRI results. I have a lot of the same problems that you were dx with. I also had bilateral carpal tunnel surgery as well.

(12-30-2010, 01:56 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: Bummer Knees

Yes that could be related to your cervical spine injury. ALL these injuries are classified as DDD.

Since sleeping on your side is not working out try a leg wedge or a large pillow under your knees while laying on your back. If this is a work injury case make the carrier give you a wedge for your legs they really help. However everyone response to treatments differently what works for many may not work for you. you need to keep up the search for your comfort.

Also if this is a work injury a weak magnet most likely a 1.5 was used as they show as little as possible. You gotta what this things.
We are all here try to help

BUG

I have a question for those with a cervical spine injury.

Thanks for your help.
Bummer Knees

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Will I get an impairment rating on multiple levels of my spine at MMI examination? Kappa6m3 3 669 07-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Texas_IME
  Disability Rating question -lumbar spine 57% RootsGal 14 3,410 12-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  Second Surgery (Cervical Spine) smith.daniel@centurylink.net 7 2,175 10-18-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Cervical Spine second surgery (What to expect?) smith.daniel@centurylink.net 2 797 07-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury jarimiah 10 4,048 10-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Question Extent of Injury question salvador5266 1 1,731 03-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Cervical injury people AQA 2 1,144 12-14-2015, 10:47 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Need advice on getting a spine stimulator implant tpm 12 7,141 08-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Last Post: tpm
  Quick question about Lumbar injury, rating, and state disability Frayed 17 23,659 10-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Frayed
  Lumbar and Cervical Injury my2xyz 4 10,032 10-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7