Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comments from a claims adjuster - Long
jayne Wrote:1171 is an adjuster and if he doesnt believe it..........
Obama is the president, too. Big Grin Other than that, read my post carefully.

My dealings with an adjuster have gone like this the past 5 years. Doctor orders surgery, respondent agrees, adjuster denies, we go to court, 13 months later I get surgery. This time around (within the past 4 months), doctor recommends TKR, respondent says okay. Adjuster says no, so we go to court, do depositions, waiting on judges decision.

After one surgery I went to get my post-op meds, denied, had to pay cash.
Three weeks later adjuster paid for my meds. Only after my lawyer called and presented evidence to them.

Some of us, very few have good adjuster's. My husband had a good one, denied him nothing. But then the negligence of the company lead to his injury. I just want to go back to some type of work, help provide for my family. Delays in treatment have made my original injury worse. I think that you'll find similar responses of the same here.

BB

yes but that emperor is being shown to be wearing no clothes........it just took awhile to see the truth past all the gimmees he was offering for nothing.....if it sounds to good to be true.....................
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Wink Wrote:GKelly,

Your first post does seem a bit incredulous - particularly the 7th paragraph! But hey, saints (although few) do walk this earth. Like Ginger, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt...so don't go.

Smile http://www.youtube.com/v/eX28BVuRrJg?fs=...&rel=0
WC doesnt give a rats fanny about the rest of our lives they care about at most the next 5...that large a sum given to an eldery man with not enough education to take care of it himself....excuse me our settlements are based on what we make if he didnt have enough education to take care of his funds then he didnt have a good enough job to warrent that large a payout....IC are in bussiness to make money not to give it away......that little fact blew her tail outa the water right away....I might have been born at night but it wasnt last night......Quietdude had a awesome adjuster but she didnt give money away it was a give and take on both our parts.....
as far as her leaving I wish she would stay a little story telling helps pass the time.......and lets face it we havent heard such Tall tales since Linda Mays left....

jayne Wrote:
Wink Wrote:GKelly,

Your first post does seem a bit incredulous - particularly the 7th paragraph! But hey, saints (although few) do walk this earth. Like Ginger, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt...so don't go.

Smile http://www.youtube.com/v/eX28BVuRrJg?fs=...&rel=0
WC doesnt give a rats fanny about the rest of our lives they care about at most the next 5...that large a sum given to an eldery man with not enough education to take care of it himself....excuse me our settlements are based on what we make if he didnt have enough education to take care of his funds then he didnt have a good enough job to warrent that large a payout....IC are in bussiness to make money not to give it away......that little fact blew her tail outa the water right away....I might have been born at night but it wasnt last night......Quietdude had a awesome adjuster but she didnt give money away it was a give and take on both our parts.....
as far as her leaving I wish she would stay a little story telling helps pass the time.......and lets face it we havent heard such Tall tales since Linda Mays left....

I get email notification of replies to posts and couldn't help but read them. I had no intention of returning here since my attempt to give hope, especially to any newcomers, with the fact that not all adjusters are as bad as they are led to believe they are was rewarded with verbal attacks, disdain and speculation as to the validity of my words. No good deed goes unpunished...

In any event after reading several reply posts that referenced the paragraph dealing with the settlement I see I need to clarify something. It was a Longshore claim, which falls under Federal jurisdiction. Unlike claims that fall under a State jurisdiction, the maximum weekly benefit rates are much higher than State claims. The claim I referenced occurred in 2006 and if memory serves me right, the maximum rate that could be paid at that time was around $1,000.00 per week. Longshore workers, especially those that work on offshore rigs, make a great deal of money because it's not just a 40-hour week; they get a tremendous amount of overtime hours which significantly increases their earnings. Most of it is heavy-very heavy labor and many of the workers are NOT highly educated because they don't NEED to be. They just need to be able to follow verbal directions and be able to lift heavy items when needed. When they get hurt and are unable to return to that type of work, you better believe there is significant wage loss and the settlement value WILL be in the six figures.

I thought I had indicated in my original post that it was a Longshore claim but I didn't. That's my fault; I'm sorry.

Thank you Ginger and Wink for your kind comments and I wish you both the best.

Now, I will be signing off and deleting the account. It is useless to try and make believers out of non-believers; especially when the mind has been so damaged in the w/c process that there is no room left for good manners or belief in anyone that works for an insurance company and the only way to cope with that damage is to feed the rage and hatred with more rage and hatred.

I'm done. My best to all of you.

you're incredulous that you don't have instant credibility with strangers.
a mighty presumptuous 3-post wonder ...

you appear more like a self-proclaimed celebrity preacher that gets upset when there is not a rush to hear the golden words.

stick around a while and give some assistance to the many dozens of those that need help.
Earn your stripes here before climbing this pulpit.

actions and experience count far more then one post and good intentions.

with me, your approach was all wrong.
start slowly and lets see what you can add to the board.
then you will have made your point far more effectively.
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Geezzzzzzz 1171 thats at least 3 times in this post alone I have agreed with you...scary as hell.....I bet Admin is haveing to have CPR as we speak....but you are right....(man that choaked me)around here you earn your place in the food chain....warped yep we are....those of us that have been permantly disabled due to the games the IC played with us.....yep we are a bit on the nuts side...it comes from not knowing from one week to the next if our TTD check is gonna come if we are gonna have to choose between groceries or a coat for the kids.....yep we are warped....we ave several adjusters on here but as 1171 said they earned their place they were not instantly crowned because they were adjusters......the only thing we wanna crown adjusters with is..... well... our canes

I know my first adjuster was a hoot..... She was willing to send me to a nursing home after I was released from hospital, but would not aprove the wheel chair ramp for me to go home.. All it took was my employer to make a few phonecalls and I was being sent home and I had a new adjuster..... She was ok but lacked common sense, she couldnt figure out why I had a reciept for colace with my mileage...... All was well untill she fell at work and broke her arm and found out what it was to be on the otherside.........lol.. They replaced her with one I adore, I think its because she is to new for she was going through my old records that the other adjuster kept and found out she screwed me out of almost $3,000... Long behold she called me and said she was mailing it out........

But really we must face the facts, there are some injured and some adjusters that dont belong with wc or ins company....

my 2 cents:

adjusters are shaped by their environment.
it's rare to find those that can see the water in which they swim.
when you are given the almighty checkbook day in and day out, it's very difficult not to become arrogant and think of yourself as superior.
any one of us here would likely be just as susceptible given a similar job.
but that is a trap that perverts the system.
i supervised and promoted hundreds of adjusters and believed that inoculating them early from that disease had to be one of first stages of training.
even then it creeps in--very hard to eradicate.

i thought i saw it here and jumped on it.
maybe too hard
and we might have lost a good resource.
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

1171 Wrote:you're incredulous that you don't have instant credibility with strangers.
a mighty presumptuous 3-post wonder ...

you appear more like a self-proclaimed celebrity preacher that gets upset when there is not a rush to hear the golden words.

stick around a while and give some assistance to the many dozens of those that need help.
Earn your stripes here before climbing this pulpit.

actions and experience count far more then a one post and good intentions.

with me, your approach was all wrong.
start slowly and lets see what you can add to the board.
then you
will have made your point far more effectively.

Hmmm...

I see your and the other's point. I hadn't looked at it that way. Thank you for explaining where I erred. However, I must protest the phrase, "self-proclaimed celebrity preacher"; I'm not nearly that flashy and I don't wear that much blingBig Grin.

Thanks for the offer to stick around and assist but I'm not sure what I could offer in terms of the w/c laws. The only jurisdictions that I'm experienced in are Louisiana State and Longshore and I haven't noticed any members from those areas.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Workers Comp Adjuster (Arizona) 241050 9 428 05-20-2018, 12:07 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Adjuster doesn't communicate with me. Tiberius 2 1,260 11-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  my adjuster changed my mpn ka107 2 1,027 07-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Need help in adjuster hell! lilrose 3 2,310 03-29-2016, 12:39 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Dealing with WC Adjuster and Lawyer/ GA corawilke 2 2,538 09-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  workers comp adjuster marcoleman 12 13,602 11-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Last Post: marcoleman
  Adjuster says claim is closed AxedmyAtty 4 5,004 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: AxedmyAtty
  Is it ok to call claims adjuster itzadrianyo 12 16,726 02-21-2012, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Football71
  Claims adjuster now ignoring my doctor AxedmyAtty 3 5,040 02-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Woodlawn
  Adjuster claims to NOT KNOW I have an Attorney. inquiringMIND 5 5,674 12-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Last Post: inquiringMIND