Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
impairment rating
I injured my back in May and have not worked since. My employer has nothing that allows me to work within the the restrictions the Doctors have put me on. My doctor recommened an ESI back in july but wc insurance co denied the treatment. I have since seen 3 other doctors and all have said I need the ESI, first line of conservative treatment. WC insurance co denied all requests. In October I was sent to for a DDE and was given a 5%impairment rating and was at MMI even tho all medical procedures were denied. My Doctor appealed the denial but that too was denied. I had to have an IRO and they over turned the denial and now I am about to finally have the ESI. I was receiving TIB checks until October then it went to impairment benifit income. The 5% rating gives me 15 weeks of checks and will stop at the end of january. After I have the ESI, may have to have up to 3 of them, will I be sent for another DDE and another impairment rating? The way I see it, I was sent to the DDE premature and should not have given an impairment rating at that time. I should have been still receiving temorary benifit checks and not impairment benifit checks.

Hi,

You need to force issues in court. You need to have a judge making decisions. I believe that it will be the only way that you get the treatment that you need to return to work. You can represent yourself, educate yourself as to the laws in your state. But the easiest way is to lawyer up.

Take care,
BB

the rules are different for each state. without knowing yours specific information cannot be provided.
generally only one rating.
who was your appeal to?
the carrier, the comp court, the state work comp department?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

From the terms TIB and impairment benefit, I'm guessing you're in Texas, is that correct?

1171 Wrote:the rules are different for each state. without knowing yours specific information cannot be provided.
generally only one rating.
who was your appeal to?
the carrier, the comp court, the state work comp department?

My appeal was to the insurance carrier. I am in Texas

kate Wrote:From the terms TIB and impairment benefit, I'm guessing you're in Texas, is that correct?

Yes, that is correct.

the process to resolve a dispute with your carrier/employer is to first contact the office of injured employee counsel for help in filing an appeal with the comp court.
more info about them is here
http://www.oiec.state.tx.us/

for information in general about handling disputes under Texas work comp laws go here
http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/pubs/factshee...pute10.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Will I get an impairment rating on multiple levels of my spine at MMI examination? Kappa6m3 3 933 07-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Texas_IME
  Impairment rating for missing middle finger tip ky tonyayounger72 2 821 03-16-2018, 12:48 PM
Last Post: 1171
  co claim...awaiting second impairment rating mandob 29 7,444 07-14-2017, 09:09 PM
  North Carolina impairment rating and settlement question Joshlw 3 2,215 03-30-2017, 02:15 PM
  MMI @ 5% whole Body Impairment rating johntdaballa 3 5,836 11-03-2015, 03:55 PM
  11% Impairment Rating - IOWA Rebos 8 9,181 05-09-2015, 03:14 PM
  Impairment rating Never again 4 5,608 04-23-2014, 10:16 PM
  Impairment rating Speedyro1970 2 5,046 11-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Speedyro1970
  Impairment rating unbelievable stumpmtsr 4 11,403 09-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Cycler
MyBB Impairment rating GsKnee 10 26,958 07-10-2013, 12:29 AM