Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 05-25-2015, 11:32 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I drop my claim.....
11-15-2010, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2010 05:15 PM by alagada1.)
If I drop my claim.....
I dont want to go all the way with the claim. I just wanted medical care and paid time off from work, I didnt realize that it goes all the way into hearing for disability ratings and such. I DONT want a disability rating that will affect me down the road for jobs nor do I want permanent work restrictions written on me. I already know my employer gave my position to someone else. I need to get clarification from someone in the union of my return to work rights because the one union rep said when I return, with or without restrictions, I have to apply within the hospital and have 30 days to find a position or else I am terminated. That doesnt make sense on a work comp loa. Anyhow, if my treating doc will send me back with no restrictions, if i then drop the claim, no one will be able to rate me on a disability with permanent restrictions????
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2010, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2010 01:36 PM by 1171.)
RE: If I drop my claim.....
an employer has the right at any time to order a fitness for duty medical exam.
whether they will or not is anyone's guess.
if you're given a full release it's unlikely the employer will challenge it.
11-15-2010, 05:13 PM
RE: If I drop my claim.....
Dropping your claim isn't the best of options. I understand that you fear permanent disability ratings and restrictions which could potentially inhibit matters in life on down the road. However, these things play significance when settling a workers' comp claim. Claims can be settled in NC based upon the rating OR the wage loss. Usually, wage loss will be greater than the compensation for the rating. Also, what happens if you drop your claim and then you require a surgery. Do you want to be financially responsible for that? Think things out thoroughly before making your move!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can I drop my attorney? Samsmom 2 2,240 07-06-2011 06:09 PM
Last Post: Samsmom
  drop lawyer combatcop 1 1,222 05-11-2011 11:25 PM
Last Post: 1171
Sad Who Drop The Ball The Doctors Or W/C? WARNING IT'S A LITTLE LONG lefty 6 3,644 04-28-2011 03:35 AM
Last Post: lefty
  Will I jeopardize my workers compensation claim if I file a personal injury claim for wanttowork 3 11,871 03-27-2011 02:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  If I drop my atty do I continue to see the doctors that he set me up with? alagada1 3 2,636 11-15-2010 12:37 AM
Last Post: AQA
  How can I do this with permanent Nerve damage and Drop Foot nutpn 6 8,599 11-27-2007 05:50 PM
Last Post: Babebahn