• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSDI And the letter from your Doctor saying your disabled
If it would help?If your treating physician was going to write a letter to SSDI and SSI to show them that you are disabled and can no longer work at the job you did before or any job at all.Are there any good sample letters on the web to look at that show exactly what social security needs to see or hear to help on decisions or do any of you know what has to be in a letter that social security would then accept to see that you are disabled? I dont know if anyone has done this or not and if it helps but if the pain clinic doctor that has been treating you for over a year and all the other doctors have given up saying your going to have to live with this and nothing more can be done for you except pain management for life.I would think somehow wouldnt a letter explaining all of this help? I dont know what to do? I received my first denial and I did retain an attorney not binder and binder.I called that binder and binder and they finally called after over a week and I already had someone and he says if you are not accepted after the first go around you wont get anything in the reconsideration part of it either so he wanted to hurry up and get the reconsideration part sent in so that would be denied so we can go to hearing.He told me that we would not have a hearing till at least 2012? If he is correct?what the heck am I going to do for 2 years with out any income? What is wrong with this system?Would it help somehow to contact some one from the state or anything?The President?I am falling fast guys and need some help I am going to go into deep depression I know it.Born

number one.....you may get it on your second go round many do.....seems to depend on your state how long it takes to get thru......Texas seems to get thru very fast with Calif taking forever......if you have those letters from your Dr and pain Dr I would send them along with plea for help to your congressman and senator......Depending if one of them is up for re-election they may help you out.....here we have a section on a local tv station called 5 on your side that picks up on stuff like that and runs with it....grabbing all kinds of publicity.....good luck Born
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Several individuals have posted that they have contacted their local legislature or congressman and they have helped speed things up with the approval process/SSDI.

Your doctor will know the right words to write in their letter and contact with Social Security Administration.

Miy doctor told me, "You can not work, and that is what I told Social Security"

Certian disabilities such as cancer are treated differently and applicantions are processed very quickly

Your Age has a lot to do with SSDI. Under 50 years of age.....

http://www.ssa.gov/disability/step4and5.htm#Q5_3

Borninabarn, I am busy doing something on the computer ( in another window ). It is a timed continueing education requirement for my state license. When I am done with that. I will try and scan the papers that my dr. filled out and I sent to SSA for reconcideration. If I don't do it. Remind me. I my be a little brain dead after this exam stuf.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. Jesus died for our sins. Soilders died for our freedom.

a little brain dead ?

Bite ME
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. Jesus died for our sins. Soilders died for our freedom.

Man I can tell you I was told that after the 2nd denial it would take a year and a half to get a hearing and they were right. Well almost, it took 16 months to get my hearing. Now you could be lucky and get it the second try without having to go to a hearing. I can tell you anything you get as far as paper work that could help them understand your condition forward that to them so they have as much info as they can get to decide on your case.

Born I was denied on the first application, I appealed and got it on that appeal. It took 6 months before i heard from the appeal.
I sent in forms that my drs filled out saying i was disabled. I got them from AQA and my attoreny provided some forms for my drs to fill out also. When those were filled out and submitted i got mine. Did you look over all the medical that SS requested and did alll your drs respond. Recheck over the application and make sure all is filled out and all drs and hospitals responded to SS.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

AQA Wrote:Bite ME
mmmmmmmmm tastes like chicken lolololol loves ya brother

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I really be only 50% disabled? Scaffoldrider 15 2,653 06-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  SSA Disabled AND Workers comp ganduland 3 2,563 08-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Getting a job on 100% temporary disabled through NYS comp Jodini 3 1,617 01-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Jodini
  Working while disabled question tpm 7 2,316 11-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  disabled body, disabled life; where to turn, so many questions wanttogetbacktoworkalready 5 4,102 07-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  disabled plumber in NJ need 2 shoulder replacement gsx99 5 4,483 12-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Help on Pernment or partial disabled janet1031 17 7,221 08-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Last Post: jayne
  State-OK Wage Compensation when disabled robertm 2 2,752 04-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Texas..Rvcd letter request Designated Doctor by I/C sand3rd 3 3,208 12-19-2009, 06:19 AM
Last Post: sand3rd
  Live in CA, W/C told hub return monday 2 work- still disabled what now??? circsawmeetshand 6 3,526 11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Last Post: 1171