Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I won my wc case in Missouri but lost the second injury fund
My employer awarded me 12.5% bodily injury on my wc case which was for repetitive motion injury working as an administrative assistant in a hospital. So my attorney filed with the second injury fund in Missouri and the ALJ said she agreed that I did obtain a severe aggravation of a previous injury during the time I was pursuing the injury caused at work. The confusing part is that she decided that she didn't think I had a work injury even after the employer agreed to it. My attorney appealed it but told me not to expect anything. Does this sound like I should give up?

I will answer that.

The answer is, if the attorney appealed it, and is willing to try again for you, then why, why would you give up. As long as you have an attorney trying, never give up. Trust them yes. But, give them the chance, anything can change with some time behind it.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:I will answer that.

The answer is, if the attorney appealed it, and is willing to try again for you, then why, why would you give up. As long as you have an attorney trying, never give up. Trust them yes. But, give them the chance, anything can change with some time behind it.

Because I need money and am thinking I will have to live through the pain that happens every time I use my upper body. And take a chance that I can handle my mental instabilities. Should I just put myself out there and try to work even though it will be unbearable. It scares me because I would loose my SSD and medicare but I can not afford all my medical bills anymore. I can not find a Dr. who will take time and really try to figure out what is wrong with me. Drs. won't give me a concrete diagnosis regarding my pain. I can not afford paying for Drs. that don't care about what is really wrong and just want to give you pain medicine. I want this fixed so I can move on with my life but there are not quality Drs. . They want there office visit income and no other commitment to my quality of life. I feel like i am going crazy. Why is it so impossible do give a patient a diagnosis so they can fix it? Why would a judge say I don't think you have a work injury even though your employer admited they caused it? I have had it and really have to find a way to quit thinking i am crazy and trying pretend like this horrible pain isn't real.

Well, I had no idea all this was going on. Yes, it's terrible your having doctor problem's I fully agree with you, that somehow, one doctor can do a test, a MRI, a Cat Scan something, to find the source of your pain.

But, you asked a question, asking if you should give up your fight with your case. That I answered, as long as the attorney is in your conner, I felt you had a chance of winning by a 50/50 chance. To me, that is good odds, as anything can turn into good, given it enough time. And as long as your attorney is willing to continue the fight for you.

I'm sorry to hear all the rest going on. More will be on soon, and I'm sure they too can help you with some of this also.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Injury Case Compensation adamchrly 1 527 07-25-2017, 11:01 AM
Last Post: 1171
  NJ 2005 injury IME 2nd injury fund Chanel725 4 1,300 12-22-2016, 06:56 PM
  aggregate trust fund blake 24 25,586 11-21-2016, 08:48 PM
  Receiving sec 32 from NYS Insurance Fund Jeffsande01 2 1,774 10-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Jeffsande01
  on call employee-possilbe injury -lost time sprite49 1 1,085 09-08-2016, 02:06 PM
  MSA fund Willis 19 5,423 02-20-2016, 03:32 PM
Last Post: just so
Sad Second Injury fund judge's ruling samepage 3 1,689 11-11-2015, 04:14 PM
  injured on my part time job and now i lost my fulltime job because of the injury.. alvinf478 3 1,781 08-17-2015, 12:20 PM
  several year injury- got questions on settling case blahblahblacksheep 2 2,663 03-05-2015, 11:58 AM
  Missouri is latest Republican State to target workers... 1171 12 5,453 05-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Last Post: bronco54501