Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 05-27-2015, 09:39 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ime doctor lied about my report
08-25-2010, 12:49 PM
ime doctor lied about my report
I recently went to a IME Doctor, I have a herninated L-5 disc which is now in my canal, have problems walking and unable to move or balance on my foot.
He viewed me for 10 minutes never looked at my foot watched me walk 5 ft, in his report he said I was fine, go back to full duty climbing 300 ft aday1
5 nerou surgens say in need back surgery if its not to late, this has been going on for 1-1\2 years, WC DROPPED me, thanks to this so called doctor report lol
I went another doctor on my own after the Ime doctor seen me, He could not believe this so called IME doctors report!
Now we are fighting and it looks to be a long one, I am thinking of using RICO against this Doctor, he needs to be have his so called fake doctors degree takin away from Him!
Peace
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2010, 01:18 PM
RE: ime doctor lied about my report
most states have stringent fraud laws. report the doc--it works both ways.
08-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Beware of the workers comp docs. They don't work for you. Their paid whether you are well or not. My doctor said he found problems with my FCE so he would not sign off on it and told me to return to work. But he didi say I could come and see him whenever I needed.
08-26-2010, 06:39 PM
1171 Wrote:most states have stringent fraud laws. report the doc--it works both ways.
Thank you For the Reply
Very Hard to Find a Lawyer, to fight a IME, i DON`T UNDERSTAND Why or how they can getaway with this, This doctor Just give what the insurance Company wanted!
08-26-2010, 06:40 PM
injured1956 Wrote:Beware of the workers comp docs. They don't work for you. Their paid whether you are well or not. My doctor said he found problems with my FCE so he would not sign off on it and told me to return to work. But he didi say I could come and see him whenever I needed.

I feel for you, This needs to Change!
08-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Jammer, no attorney fights against the IME, they will perfom a Depo with that doctor, and try to clean up the medical report for you.

It's up to you, not a comp attorney to report the doctor if you think there was fraud.

I caution you there too. For if you look at the IME report, it flat out states the doctor is saying in their own words it's a Medical Opinion... That does not state their giving Facts.... Only a medical Opinion...

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
08-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Jammer, no attorney fights against the IME, they will perfom a Depo with that doctor, and try to clean up the medical report for you.

It's up to you, not a comp attorney to report the doctor if you think there was fraud.

I caution you there too. For if you look at the IME report, it flat out states the doctor is saying in their own words it's a Medical Opinion... That does not state their giving Facts.... Only a medical Opinion...

Thanks bad bad boy, You are so correct, that was just an opinion, That opinion almost could have cost me my life, by trying to make me climb at great height`s very danderous work i perform, Now my company expects me to climb or get fired!
Thanks for the reply!
08-26-2010, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2010 08:39 PM by Bad Boy Bad Boy.)
Jammer I was sent to several IME's, I only had 1 that was in agreement with my doctor, my surgeon, and second opinion Neurosurgeon I had. All the others were like you had, some not as bad, but still not good.

Hang in there, and I too agree it isn't worth risking you life ever.

Hey here is a good read for you, you might have to expand the print to 100% though to read it;
http://www.disabilityclaimssolutions.com...rticle.pdf

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
08-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Jammer I was sent to several IME's, I only had 1 that was in agreement with my doctor, my surgeon, and second opinion Neurosurgeon I had. All the others were like you had, some not as bad, but still not good.

Hang in there, and I too agree it isn't worth risking you life ever.

Hey here is a good read for you, you might have to expand the print to 100% though to read it;
http://www.disabilityclaimssolutions.com...rticle.pdf
Thanks
Did you finally have surgery? I am probably unemployed as of this week, and they called be back for a little bit of light duty yet they say we expect full duty as they say we will rely on the ime doctor`s report, So I am stuck between a rock and a hard spot right where they want me, I worked light duty a year and 4 months, I think I did my time there time to go.
Have a good one
08-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Jammer, yes, I had surgeries, not just one though. I was 1st injured, tried ever conservative measure medically could be spoke of, then had surgery, a 3 level Cervical (neck) Spine Fusion. I went to pt, and I was healed. Went back to heavy duty work. Close to a year later from that injury, a co-worker from another department played a prank on me. I blew out that fusion, plate and screws in my neck, it was an ouch, heard a pop, and a crack in less then a second. Found out I then needed a 6 level cervical fusion. But first the 3 level had to be re-done right away for my safety. That healed, went back, took that plate and screws out, stitched me up in the front, flipped me over, cut me from have way up my head to half way down my back, and performed the 6 level cervical fusion, with a Bone growth Stimulator that does work , and help the healing process, and healed the fusions. What is the strange part, I was removed from work, meaning advised no work both times by my treating doctor, on the exact same month and date, just the year was different. I also found I have Spinal Stenosis in the Lumbar Spine at levels L1 - L2 - L3. No surgery, and can be somewhat painful at times. Then in 2006 during an FCE test, I finished up ruining my left knee. (This I did not put or try to put on work comp) I had the left Knee replaced with a new joint in 2007. Now my right knee is giving me problems, most likely need it replaced also soon. Seems Arthritis likes me. If you ask, yes I am legally medicated for the rest of my life now.

I won't tell you what you should, or could do with your employer, because there is not one good answer to give you. But, I'm going to say, your body, and your mind will guide you, but, you must let it do it's job so you know what you have to do. That is all you can do. Would I fight your case if I were you. That is an easy answer for me, and it is Yes, hell yes, I would fight to the end. Most times your going to win. The down fall is the time it takes, and no money or income coming in at times makes it hard. I was lucky, survived that money part, not always easy, never is, nor never will it be. You just have to somehow start to prepare for it. You want to fight it, prepare now, any way you can think of prepare, as I said, it wont be an easy step. Then I say to you, if you fight it, you can stop ever, for you will then loose out big time. You wont get rich, you wont fill your pockets with money, and when it's all over, and done with, if you break even, or come out with some cash, consider yourself ahead of the game. That my friend is work comp. No winners....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  DD Verses RME Doctor report bigbo88 6 2,871 07-28-2012 02:03 AM
Last Post: 1171
  CA QME Doctor for WC ins lied in Medical report dzftvh 4 5,758 03-27-2011 11:39 AM
Last Post: jayne
  getting ime report from doctor boilerman 5 6,092 03-23-2011 10:34 PM
Last Post: boilerman
  I think im being lied to or my boss is trying to screw me over. frenchfri47 3 5,290 03-17-2011 09:16 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  doctor wants to write final report! highdesertguy 3 6,708 05-17-2010 08:59 PM
Last Post: chrischris
Sad no check since August and lied to by employer and work comp company as to why ecvq28dh 5 4,124 10-10-2009 07:26 PM
Last Post: ecvq28dh
  ime dr lied sillyme 26 12,466 11-18-2008 11:40 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Employer lied to my attorney employerissorry 4 3,531 07-08-2008 08:38 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  What happens when your doctor and IME doctor diagnosis differs? kitty 18 21,183 04-05-2008 12:12 AM
Last Post: lfoster21