Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 05-04-2015, 02:03 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Update on WC and RSD
08-10-2010, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2010 09:00 PM by lefty.)
Update on WC and RSD
Needed to remove this post. Will post later.

Injury date 11/2008; left upper extremity; CRPS; bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome; carpal tunnel syndrome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2010, 03:41 PM
RE: Update on WC and RSD
The Final Admission of Liability is used by the insurance company to close your workers’ compensation case. It is generally filed after your treating physician has placed you at maximum medical improvement (MMI) and issued a report stating whether you have any permanent impairment from your injury.

Key facts about your Final Admission of Liability:

This is one of the most important documents that you will get in your case.
You have only 30 days from the date of the admission to respond to it.
The 30-day deadline is very strict.
If you miss the deadline you can destroy your case.
Protecting your rights at this stage of your claim is very important.

You must file an Objection to Final Admission within 30 days from the date the admission was mailed to you. You must also either request a hearing or ask for a Division Independent Medical Examination (DIME).
Deciding whether to request a hearing or DIME is best left to an experienced attorney. Also, the insurance company is required by law to include two forms with the Final Admission: (1) the Objection to Final Admission and (2) the Notice and Proposal to Select a Division IME. But they are not required to send you a copy of the Application for Hearing form. As a result, you may not even have all of the documents you need to protect your right to seek additional benefits for your injuries!

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
08-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:The Final Admission of Liability is used by the insurance company to close your workers’ compensation case. It is generally filed after your treating physician has placed you at maximum medical improvement (MMI) and issued a report stating whether you have any permanent impairment from your injury.

Key facts about your Final Admission of Liability:

This is one of the most important documents that you will get in your case.
You have only 30 days from the date of the admission to respond to it.
The 30-day deadline is very strict.
If you miss the deadline you can destroy your case.
Protecting your rights at this stage of your claim is very important.

You must file an Objection to Final Admission within 30 days from the date the admission was mailed to you. You must also either request a hearing or ask for a Division Independent Medical Examination (DIME).
Deciding whether to request a hearing or DIME is best left to an experienced attorney. Also, the insurance company is required by law to include two forms with the Final Admission: (1) the Objection to Final Admission and (2) the Notice and Proposal to Select a Division IME. But they are not required to send you a copy of the Application for Hearing form. As a result, you may not even have all of the documents you need to protect your right to seek additional benefits for your injuries!

Thanks for the promoted reply.

I've spoken with my attorney concerning the FAL. Asked if I needed to sign anything since she is objecting to the FAL...no was my reply. What documents are you referring to...to protect my rights to seek additional benefits for my injuries!
I can say this much, each and every ER visit, hospital stay, WC doc reports, I have a copy of and gave to my attorney; including this latest finding of RSD/CRPS. Not sure if you were referring to medical information, or not. Hopefully a copy of the Application for Hearing form has been sent to my attorney. Was trying to find the FAL form to check if that application was attached. There is several different forms attached to the FAL, but I can't seem to place my hands on it at the moment. I do recall seeing some kind of form about Objections, and the like, attached.

BadBoy, again not to sound naive, but again I am so happy to know that at least the request is out there for the Ganglion Block. I understand that I have a fight ahead of me, just like, or if not worse than the ones before. I've had my pity party, with only me in attendance. If it's a fight they are after, then it is a fight they will get.
By the way, I met a man who has had RSD/CRPS since 1998 (I think) and the one thing he advised me not to do was settle right away. He still hasn't settled with W/C, and it was good that he didn't because now he has no use of his leg, and it has spread to his internal organs.
Money isn't everything...I am sure you will agree. PS I've googled Savella medication which is for Fibromyalgia. Was wondering if anyone, (if not yourself) has used it before, and what were the results. Pain doc's PA gave me samples to take until I can get scheduled for the Ganglion Block. Maybe I'll pop over to a Fibromyalgia forum and pose this question.

Thanks BadBoy

Injury date 11/2008; left upper extremity; CRPS; bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome; carpal tunnel syndrome.
08-11-2010, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2010 01:14 AM by chrischris.)
Sorry to hear you have RSD/CRPS. I haven't read any other posts from you so I'll apologize ahead of time if this is redundant.....Tongue

1st, regarding your mixup in dates for the SGB. If you already have it scheduled, why do you have to go thru approval again? I think I missed something.

SGB's can work very well on RSD/CRPS if done early enough, say within the first 12 months.

Hope they work for you.

Let Go, and Let God......
08-11-2010, 09:23 AM
CC, Lefty is right now dealing with a Final Admission, he is looking for information as to what needs to be done to continue his claim now. Such as does the case need to be re-opened or what. I can only supply the information as to what it is. Hopefully someone can explain what they can now do.

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
08-11-2010, 10:42 AM
chrischris Wrote:Sorry to hear you have RSD/CRPS. I haven't read any other posts from you so I'll apologize ahead of time if this is redundant.....Tongue

1st, regarding your mixup in dates for the SGB. If you already have it scheduled, why do you have to go thru approval again? I think I missed something.

SGB's can work very well on RSD/CRPS if done early enough, say within the first 12 months.

Hope they work for you.

Hi CC,

The mix up was whether, or not I was there at the PM office on correct date. The SGB order / superscription is being sent to WC, for approval. Hopefully there will be enough supporting medical evidence to re-open of my case. So, the SGB has not been scheduled, and can not be scheduled at this time. On a liter note, I was given samples of Savella to hopefully hold me over while I wait. So sorry to have confused you.

08-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Do anyone know where I can get information about RSD/CRPS? I also have RSD but my doctor never told me that it spread all over. I wantd to get some info about RSD spreading to other parts of the body