Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research Study
From Texas Here-

I continue to get calls from a research study by the North Texas University system. I only have a cell phone and continue to receive call after informing them they are not to call my cell phone. So after they called Sunday evening I inquired as to how the received my phone number, since it is private. At first I was told my number and information was bought by this research group from the Texas Department of Insurance as they won a bid to conduct a research study on Texas Work Comp. system. After inquiring a bit more, I get to a supervisor who for some reason has my claim number with not only DWC but also with my IC. They also have my SS# as well as my wife's. I am on wk comp, and I know for a fact I never gave permission to sell my private info. As I was talking to the supervisor, I asked him what SS# he had on file for me. Then I asked the DOB on file. Then I asked what name is the SS# associated with. He told me my name, but I told him I was someone else. He had no idea who I was and yet he was able to tell me the information that someone could use to steal my identity and really run me through the mud. Is this legal? Can Tx Dept of Ins sell our private info w/out my consent? I will be seeing my Ombudsman Monday and am going to ask to see whether it is legal or whether or not I inherently gave them the right to do this as this research study is somehow related to my benefit structure and the agencies that govern our cases. This can't be legal with out my authorization.

But who knows with that big eared moron in the oval office!
The tree of liberty should be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants. We have three in office right now-obama, holder, and napo!

State laws differ on your particular matter but in general WC info is public. Different states restrict exactly which personal info may be disclosed. Check with your Carrier, atty etc. but it has NOTHING to do with the federal government so leave your political views out of this.

Cycler
with all the other rights we have as citizens being chipped away at, who knows what's possible these days.
Although I do not like his agenda I also do not like the name calling
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

tpm Wrote:Cycler
with all the other rights we have as citizens being chipped away at, who knows what's possible these days.
Although I do not like his agenda I also do not like the name calling

And of those rights you seem particularly interested in chipping away at my right to free speech. That being said, I appreciate your reply, but please feel free to overlook my posts in the future- I wouldn't want to prohibit you from posting- I don't want to "chip away" your right to free speech.
The tree of liberty should be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants. We have three in office right now-obama, holder, and napo!

You can be assured that I will do exactly that my friend. YOu are on my ignore list. Have a nice life.

I have seen where the DMV's sell your information. I think it is best for you, to have all the information you can on this Research Company. Then contact your attorney. The problem is, you haven't seen what they have in writting. And it's all verbal. Something legal crosses their path, and the shreader gets turned on. They all the sudden state, they never said certain information.

But, has not a thing to do with who sits in the white house, as this been going on for over 15 years.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I have done lots of research Louann1963 3 677 02-23-2018, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Louann1963
  Nerve study test Speedyro1970 4 3,924 06-28-2013, 07:14 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  PhD Research Assistance in Ohio PhD Dissert Assistance 1 2,476 12-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Does anyone do research on their condition? Cookiecrum 11 6,720 10-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  work comp research Bernie57 5 3,804 06-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Last Post: tweety00
  NERVE STUDY rholmes 23 8,785 08-03-2007, 03:17 AM
Last Post: rholmes