Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pain management
Just wondering if I made the right choice.

Doctor wanted to give me more Narcotics and I told him no thank you
I am in pain but would rather find another way of dealing with it. He did give me cymbalta and told me if I change my mind about the Darvacet let him know. I have never been one to take alot of pain meds I have a high tolerance to pain yes they are nice to have for when I need them and there have been many times I have needed them. I just dont want anyone thinking well she isnt takeing the pain meds she must not be in alot of pain. Not true. I have taken so much this last year I have problems with the liver and I dont want to have these things get worse.
Live for Today, Love for Today, Laugh for Today.

grumpyone Wrote:Just wondering if I made the right choice.

Doctor wanted to give me more Narcotics and I told him no thank you
I am in pain but would rather find another way of dealing with it. He did give me cymbalta and told me if I change my mind about the Darvacet let him know. I have never been one to take alot of pain meds I have a high tolerance to pain yes they are nice to have for when I need them and there have been many times I have needed them. I just dont want anyone thinking well she isnt takeing the pain meds she must not be in alot of pain. Not true. I have taken so much this last year I have problems with the liver and I dont want to have these things get worse.

Document, document, document!

Grumpyone... this is a great question which I am sure most have encountered though their decision making about pain control. First, I agree with Wink...document. However, the very best way to get your pain documented is to have it documented through a medical record. When I use to do pain assessments I would ask a women to describe her pain on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being what she experienced during child birth.... then I would document that sort of scale. What I find is you are ask to give a number to describe or rate your pain and the scale has no definitive comparison. When they ask you about your pain, tell them it is a 4 or 7 with 10 being related to child birth... and ask them to document as such... then explain what you are doing to control your pain... and ask them to document that as well. Then obtain a copy of your medical record to assure that they did... if you are not controling it with pain medication then make sure you have an intervention in mind such as laying down, or moving your body in a different direction, using a walker or cane for walking, relaxation tapes and so forth. Explain all of this to your doctor also and ask him or her to document it as well... if you obtain your records and it is not documented.. call them and ask them to do it. I hope this helps some Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

darvocet are extrmemly weak pain meds..is that what they gave you after your back surgery??
SETTLED!!!

The liver issue is well documented. I had a complete phyisical 2 months before my injury and my liver was fine, I do not drink and the internest at the hospital said it was from pain meds all on the record. As for my pain they know I use a walker and cane to get around and that I practice meditation and relaxation tapes to help with the pain. I also use my pool to help. I would say my pain is at an 8 never droppping below a 5 and on those bad days its an 11 lol.
Inpain no thats not what they gave me after they had me on fentenl and then procolen then vicodine as well as flexerail, robaxin then lyrica now cymbalta. I just try to find other ways to fight the pain other then useing the pills I have children at home I have to take care of yes they are old enough to care from themselves for the most part but they are kids and kids are a handful LOL
Live for Today, Love for Today, Laugh for Today.

Well said, WINK and RED1030.

Hey INPAINOKLA, I am with ya. Darvocet didn't do anything for me, but yes. That is what they gave me after a back surgery.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

So. your PM doc doesn't know (care ) about the acetominophen content of darvocet and acetominophen liver toxicity ? It's a short term use drug only.
craxy !

grumpyone Wrote:The liver issue is well documented. I had a complete phyisical 2 months before my injury and my liver was fine, I do not drink and the internest at the hospital said it was from pain meds all on the record. As for my pain they know I use a walker and cane to get around and that I practice meditation and relaxation tapes to help with the pain. I also use my pool to help. I would say my pain is at an 8 never droppping below a 5 and on those bad days its an 11 lol.
Inpain no thats not what they gave me after they had me on fentenl and then procolen then vicodine as well as flexerail, robaxin then lyrica now cymbalta. I just try to find other ways to fight the pain other then useing the pills I have children at home I have to take care of yes they are old enough to care from themselves for the most part but they are kids and kids are a handful LOL

AQA Wrote:Well said, WINK and RED1030.

Hey INPAINOKLA, I am with ya. Darvocet didn't do anything for me, but yes. That is what they gave me after a back surgery.

thats just wrong AQA..they dont even work for me with toothaches and you dr gave them to you for a back surgery...thats amazing
SETTLED!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pain Management UndercovrAngel 2 1,566 12-03-2018, 07:26 AM
Last Post: elmaasheley147
  Best software for Payroll Management of the employees? Indumathi 4 3,100 09-07-2018, 02:51 AM
Last Post: elmaasheley147
  Pain Management Cervical_Fusion 4 3,332 07-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Anger management bodybuilder1958 2 2,095 12-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Back from Pain Management UndercovrAngel 6 2,754 08-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  marvelous management hurt at work 2 1,936 04-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Last Post: fencer11
  The 5 minute management course monster 2 1,885 03-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Last Post: CRABBY
  Pain Management Appointment UndercovrAngel 19 5,884 01-24-2008, 08:13 AM