Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-21-2015, 09:40 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help before I lose everything.
06-01-2010, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2010 02:28 PM by incognito.)
Need help before I lose everything.
Hello, I am a 45 yo male living in Virginia and have been unable to work for over 3 months now because of illness but still employed. My employer says I signed a form saying I did not want workers comp over 17 years ago and have never seen anything about it since. I never have taken a vacation or been sick so it really never came up. The saved up vacation hours are all gone, employer canceled my insurance, and have not let me go because I am guessing so they dont have to pay unemployment. My illness is diabetes. Never knew I had it until I was sick. Sorry if im babbling but needed to know if there is anything or way I can get help. My employer seems just fine with letting me sit at home making no money yet still employed. Thanks in advance.

Incognito
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
RE: Need help before I lose everything.
for you to be eligible for workers compensation insurance benefits you have to have an injury or condition caused by your job.
while diabetes is not usually considered a work comp injury these decisions are left to the physician.
discuss your health problems and it's relationship to your job duties with your doctor.
if they support a work cause then you should file a work comp claim.

in general if you need health care and can't afford it try here
http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/
06-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Why is Diabetes keeping you from working?

Has your Doctor stated you need to be out of work due to diabetes?

And injury needs to be a cause for what is called a work injury, that is unless your treating doctor states that diabetes is something that what caused by your work, you would not have a work comp case.

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
06-03-2010, 11:51 AM
I Agree with Bad Boy. It Seems if Your Diabetes is Bad Enough to Keep You from Working, You need to File for SSDI Rather than W/C, unless of Course Your Job Caused Your Condition. Best of Luck!

I Wish Everyone in the World would Take just One Minute to Take a Deep Breath and Look at the Wonders around Them. Too Much Time caught Up in the Moment can Cause Us to Miss soo Much that is Good, and given Us Daily! We are just too Busy to See!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ppd in NY for 15yrs,can i lose comp for not looking for work pdw55 5 1,416 05-06-2014 04:01 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Partial lose of use of arm-Illinois MonicaRaye 1 2,098 08-19-2011 01:36 PM
Sad Back surgery, going to lose everything Cara Tucker 5 4,025 06-04-2010 09:58 AM
  How much range do you lose with L5-S1 fusion? bagpussinamerica 12 7,369 09-24-2008 04:37 PM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica