Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joke of the Day
"I'm not saying that the customer service in my bank is bad, but when I went in the other day and asked the clerk to check my balance ... she leaned over and pushed me."
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

lmao thats a good 1
SETTLED!!!

Very cute
Live for Today, Love for Today, Laugh for Today.

Good One BX4!!Tongue
I Wish Everyone in the World would Take just One Minute to Take a Deep Breath and Look at the Wonders around Them. Too Much Time caught Up in the Moment can Cause Us to Miss soo Much that is Good, and given Us Daily! We are just too Busy to See!

ouch..that would hurt me... my balance is way off... cute BB Red

Regrets thanks putting your avatar back...feels like home again. Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

The corporate boat race
An American automobile company and a Japanese auto company decided to have a competitive boat race on the Detroit River. Both teams practiced hard and long to reach their peak performance. On the big day, they were as ready as they could be.

The Japanese team won by a mile.

Afterwards, the American team became discouraged by the loss and their morale sagged. Corporate management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found. A Continuous Measurable Improvement Team of "Executives" was set up to investigate the problem and to recommend appropriate corrective action.

Their conclusion: The problem was that the Japanese team had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, whereas the American team had 1 person rowing and 8 people steering. The American Corporate Steering Committee immediately hired a consulting firm to do a study on the management structure.

After some time and billions of dollars, the consulting firm concluded that "too many people were steering and not enough rowing." To prevent losing to the Japanese again next year, the management structure was changed to "4 Steering Managers, 3 Area Steering Managers, and 1 Staff Steering Manager" and a new performance system for the person rowing the boat to give more incentive to work harder and become a six sigma performer. "We must give him empowerment and enrichment." That ought to do it.

The next year the Japanese team won by two miles.

The American Corporation laid off the rower for poor performance, sold all of the paddles, cancelled all capital investments for new equipment, halted development of a new canoe, awarded high performance awards to the consulting firm, and distributed the money saved as bonuses to the senior executives.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

sounds like whats happening in our goverment for the last 20 years
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Almost didn't post that Joke, as I didn't want it to go into Politics, or turn into a Political problem. I hope it don't. Or it will be another lesson I have learned.

Sorry, next time I will choose better.

Was the American Team from ENRON!!!Tongue
I Wish Everyone in the World would Take just One Minute to Take a Deep Breath and Look at the Wonders around Them. Too Much Time caught Up in the Moment can Cause Us to Miss soo Much that is Good, and given Us Daily! We are just too Busy to See!

It was a cute story and good for a few laughs............................Do ya suppose if the American Team had engines, They would have forgotten to put in gas ??? ROFLMAO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just a joke Cervical_Fusion 6 2,666 01-14-2011, 01:42 AM
Last Post: jayne
Toungue joke hurt at work 0 1,031 09-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Last Post: hurt at work
  joke tweety00 5 1,865 05-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Last Post: monster