Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injured Workers Forum
Rolleyes 
I starting to think we as a group on the Off Topic Forum, have forgotten were we all started at one time. We all started at the Injured Workers Forum. Yet I have been noticing many don't glare over to such Forum first anymore, but jump right to the Off Topic area for some reason. As we all can find joy in the Off Topic Area, there are many at the Injured Workers Forum, waiting on us Verterans to have something to say to them.

Review of Post and Threads between the two;

Injured Workers Forum
Threads 4,760 --- Post Replies 68,224

Off Topic Forum
Threads 5,044 --- Post Replies 107,063

Almost double the Replies to have fun, and almost double the lost of information to new and old Injured Workers. I ask everyone to please try and help atleast one per day if at all possible at the Injured Workers Forum. As that was the very first thing here way before an Off Topic became life here... Lets not forget where we came from... Then always ask those at the other board to join in for some fun here at the Off Topic Area, after they are done on the Injured Workers Forum.

Have a nice day, and help someone....
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I have and Will Check it Daily, and Help when I can. Thanks for the Reminder.
I Wish Everyone in the World would Take just One Minute to Take a Deep Breath and Look at the Wonders around Them. Too Much Time caught Up in the Moment can Cause Us to Miss soo Much that is Good, and given Us Daily! We are just too Busy to See!

That would be good Regrets. As I have been watching only a select few seem to pop-up there. We have Veterans here with a great deal of knowledge that can be shared. But, needs to be shared as well.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

well its alot easier to reply to a joke or tell someone hello than it is to answer state specific work comp questions..so just naturally there would be more replys on on the off topic forum than the injured worker forum
SETTLED!!!

my 2 cents:
I don't think the number of replies is a good indicator about the quality of the information or the success of that board.
multiple pages on the posts can make it more difficult for a "first timer" to get what they want--they can easily be overwhelmed with too much.
repeat business is a good way of judging the quality of responses and how well it's working. the injured board seems to get a lot of second and third followup posts and a number of first time posters admit to being long time lurkers.

the best situation for a group response is when we spot a new post that appears to need support and empathy rather then quick facts.
those posts may need a number of different experiences.
a discriminating response depending on the need for facts, information, or support might be more effective.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Inpainokla, Some questions are State specific. But for the most part, many are General issues. And to be honest, many States follow a general issue format. It's very simple too, to answer them and explain it is a State specific question, and try and lead them somewhere, such as their State Work Comp Board and such, or even a web link to such. It only takes a few minutes, and then you can go and have your daily laugh.

1171 Wrote:my 2 cents:
I don't think the number of replies is a good indicator about the quality of the information or the success of that board.
multiple pages on the posts can make it more difficult for a "first timer" to get what they want--they can easily be overwhelmed with too much.
repeat business is a good way of judging the quality of responses and how well it's working. the injured board seems to get a lot of second and third followup posts and a number of first time posters admit to being long time lurkers.

the best situation for a group response is when we spot a new post that appears to need support and empathy rather then quick facts.
those posts may need a number of different experiences.
a discriminating response depending on the need for facts, information, or support might be more effective.
Thoroughly thoughtful, 1171. Smile

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Inpainokla, Some questions are State specific. But for the most part, many are General issues. And to be honest, many States follow a general issue format. It's very simple too, to answer them and explain it is a State specific question, and try and lead them somewhere, such as their State Work Comp Board and such, or even a web link to such. It only takes a few minutes, and then you can go and have your daily laugh.

Are you sure you don't work for Obama?

I go there and if I can help I do but if not I dont answer....I do try to welcome them
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Badboy I am terribly guilty here. I have not posted there in many months. I have my reasons but mostly because I am not a veteran per say of W/C and many here are a wealth of information when it comes to W/C regardless of state. I do gleam over it... and what I should start doing maybe is to give them a welcome and then let them know I am here to give support.

On the other hand, I agree with 1171 (nice post 11 71 - very supportive and yet informative) when he said, "multiple pages on the posts can make it more difficult for a "first timer" to get what they want--they can easily be overwhelmed with too much."
I believe what I can or can not do is most useful here on the off topic . A nice reminder Badboy and definitely something I am going to give some thought too ... thanks Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For injured workers who are going through a difficult time California_Help 17 5,266 11-08-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Welcoming Kids' Chance - Providing Scholarships to Children of Injured Workers admin 7 50,131 11-06-2018, 06:19 AM
Last Post: enawatson
  For today.... always with you *************MOVED FROM INJURED WORKER FORUM*********** bodybuilder1958 15 8,063 07-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  An Injured Workers Prayer Cervical_Fusion 6 4,161 12-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Will there be any help for Injured Workers in this Stimulas Plan Signed today? borninabarn 17 8,822 02-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Kansas Injured Workers Action Is Needed Now to Restore Lost Benefits Bummer Knees 16 4,898 03-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  moved from injured workers portion jayne 9 3,613 03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Last Post: backache
  Kansas Injured Workers Send A Strong Message To Legislators Bummer Knees 11 6,450 02-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees