Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney said give up take what they offer
I had a pre mediation meeting planned for Wed. 5th., about 5pm today my attorney called me and said he saw no need to come in to talk to him, unless I was willing to take less than $8,000. He said due to the auto accident that WC IC will not go any higher and he thinks he is wasting his time fighting this.

My life is ruined, I can never do the work I was doing, and they want to give me $8,000 or less with no retraining, I'm too old, and no medical. I am so pissed that if I had the attorney or IC person here I would knocked one of them out. It has been said on this forum before they don't care, we are not a person we are a number and I for one have never been a number I am me a worthwile person, that has been taken to the lowest spot I have ever been.

I tried to give the attorney a $ amount I would be willing to take and he would not even talk to me on that, He told me to think about it and if I would not settle for the $8,000 or less it would do no good to go to medition.I feel like the IC attorney and mine have gotten together and want to cut line.

What should I do, take the $8,000 and be rid of them or state a number I could live with or just fight them. They are say that the auto accident has caused this, well I won't get rich from it either, the other guy had no insurance so mine will have to pay and in the long run it will cost me when they either drop me or raise my cost so high we can't pay it.

I really feel like I have been shafted. I was going to work until at least until the end of 2015, this would have been over $255,000.00 with no rasies, at the job I had when the WC claim was opened, Now they have just kicked me to the street.

What would some of you do fight them, or just take the money and run. I would settle now for $50,000.00.

Your attorney probably is correct in this.

Do you have a personal attorney for the auto accident?

This person may not have an insurance, but I bet they have assets you can go after.

Have you applied for social security disability? You can do that online.

I will receive a very low dollar amount from my auto accident due to not being employed at the time of the accident.

Good Luck!

Sorry to say it, your attorney has been told the final dollar amount, and it is being presented. Nothing he can do. Your attorney isn't being bought out, not over $8,000.00 that is for sure. I'm sorry to say it, but the auto accident seems to have put an end to the WC case. You can do what you wish, but your not going to see $50,000.00, but you do know the last and final offer, there is nothing left to fight, not for more money that is for sure.

You'll just have to take your chances with the auto insurance now, and hope for the best. You just never know, you may make out better after that.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

change attys. check out a couple before you switch.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I thank all of you for your help. I do have an attorney for the auto accident, but the guy who hit me and his father whose name the truck was in have nothing to take.

The fight has gone out of me and I just can't do this anylonger, I have a history of depression and panic attacks, and right now I don't have the will to fight. I think WC in FL makes it so you will give up. I will let you know how this turns out. I am going out of state for a month to rest and see my family.

Thank you again.

coming to arkansas? I wanna meet up
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

workers comp is little more then a "safety net". In most cases it was never designed to make-up for the losses.
I think false assumptions and unrealistic expectations are responsible for the frustrations of most with serious injuries in all states not just Florida.
Be well.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

jayne Wrote:coming to arkansas? I wanna meet up

I would like that too. I fly in to Little Rock late on the 19th of May. I will call you before then and see if there is a half way point between where I will be in Stuttgart and where you live. I will be in Arkansas almost a month so we should be able to find an open date. Nancy

1171 Wrote:workers comp is little more then a "safety net". In most cases it was never designed to make-up for the losses.
I think false assumptions and unrealistic expectations are responsible for the frustrations of most with serious injuries in all states not just Florida.
Be well.

Thanks 1171, I am learning that the hard way, before the car accident the adjustor had been telling me what they would settle with me and would get a $ amount on my medical, etc. Once I had the wreck, it was goodbye Nancy.

I enjoy reading you answers you seem to be quite knowledgeable on WC. Thank you for taking time to help me out.

Vickanat is another injured worker who was in an auto accident after her wc ainjury.

The auto accident added to her wc injuries making things very difficult with work comp. She isn't on the forum posting much but you might send her a pm and see if she has any words of wisdom since she has already traveled down this road.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  someone please help me or give me advice newenglandchick 3 5,403 02-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Have to give two statements to WC insurance? mwpdx86 5 1,737 03-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  Can my attorney send out a offer to ic Speedyro1970 13 6,603 11-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Exclamation Can someone give me advise on what to do? lizdawiz82 3 5,470 09-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Does your employer need to give you a job back? Dirtydawg69 2 4,104 11-26-2010, 11:42 AM
  Give it to me like it is. izell 2 2,856 03-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Can a PA give a deposition? bodybuilder1958 3 5,139 11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Question Should AZ Gal Give Up? azmickelson 9 4,957 09-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Does IME give you a rating? injrdnsc 14 8,480 04-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Has anyone hired another attorney to fight Dr. reports or Attorney mishandeling Confusedd 17 13,904 02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo