Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recalls on the Stryker knee
I did mention the redness, swelling, but not the lack of hair growth, (for a girl this is a good thing) I believe the doctor said something about this being normal for some people. I need to listen to the audio tape to be sure.

We did talk about the pain and he really did not have an answer for it other then scar tissue.

This is an excellent surgeon with an attituide, I did not want to bring up the recall because of this. He takes offense if anyone questions his work, I will try and get answers on the recall elsewhere.

I did request medical records of today's appointment.

Girl it sounds like he was blowing you off. In my book he's not an excellent surgeon if anybody can't question his work. That's why my first WC surgeon was asked to retire suddenly. He blew me off and I got mad.

Remind me to cross this doctor off my list of recommended doctors, if a patient cannot question his or her doctor then he's not a good one.

Gosh Bummer, everyone gets some scare tissue. Working the knee walking, and bending Home PT stuff will help that. It took 1 good year of healing, and after that I have been fine, not like a real good human knee, but gosh the extreme pain and all is gone, I can walk up and down stairs too, doesn't matter which leg goes first neither, ROM bending everyone I know gets atleast 120 bend, I get past the 120 bend with my new joint, and surgeon said many patients with this joint all are getting more then 120 degrees bend. This surgeon is telling you the other knee needs replacement some day, I hope you find a better surgeon for that one.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy this is a highly respected surgeon in my area, as bodybuilders will tell you.

I imagine the insurance company will try and keep me from returning to this surgeon.

He would not place me at MMI early and that made them mad.

Bad Boy are you serious, you can go up the stairs as you described?

I go up the stairs right leg first, I can not alternate, The surgeon says this is a strength issue. I do range of motion 3x daily, but is is difficult to do the exercises when nerve pain is shooting down the leg.

I did notice a slight change in the knee after I fell in December, told the surgeon about this.
Had 3 weekks of little sleep after the fall due to the pain, this slowly improved.

I was albe to get to a 112 degree bend in physical therapy, don't know if I have that now.

I do not have the high pain days everyday, I do have some pain everyday.

The surgeon thought the tight band around the knee to be due to scar tissue.

THe swelling bothers me the most, it limits the choice of clothes, and a girl likes a choice of clothes.

(((The surgeon thought the tight band around the knee to be due to scar tissue.)))

And this is a simple, very simple fix, and this highly respected surgeon know it is. All they have to do is bring you in to the hospital, under an out patient and Manipulate the knee, this will break up the scare tissue, you do some short PT and it's a fix. What and why they holding that off is way beyond me.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Look at my above post what it took just to return to the doctor.

The insurance company dosen't want to pay one more dime on my claim.

In December I went to court adding the back and carpal tunnel to the claim, along with additional treatment of the right knee.

The insuance got to court early that day visited with my attorney before the day started. They started making settlement offers, if I accepted there would be no hearing that day, they would tell the judge the claim was settled.

Bummer, I understand all of that, so in the mean time, your attorney is really doing nothing to help, and will rather just let that Knee replacement just go to hell on you.

You need to do something with that knee, be it work comp insurance, or find another way, but your letting time waste by.

You want that knee like that, or do you want it better before the other knee needs to be done. For with your knee like it is now, it will have a great effect on the other one when it needs to be done.

You need to get your attorney off their but, and get to work on what is needed for now, not things needed for a later date.

If you were to ask me, all the things you have said about this attorney is leading to one thing, they want your case done with is all.

And just because the Insurance doesn't want to pay more, doesn't mean the Surgeon can't explain why you having problems with the knee replacement, that you should not be having, and why the surgeon isn't explaining what can be done to fix it...

In plain words, your surgeon isn't giving you anything to have the attorney run back to the IC with neither.

WHY?

Maybe the question wasn't asked to what the fix is, or can be?

I won't know until a report goes to the insurance company, or I receive a copy of yesterday's medical records.

Surgeon ended the session with saying the x-ray pics show the knee is stable.

Bad Boy, What do you think may be causing the swelling?

If there is nothing wrong with the component the problem may lay with your muscles. Fluid, inactivity, improper rehab. If your muscles aren't strong it doesn't matter about the implant, it's not going to work. Quad muscles firing properly, VMO muscle above the knee, if it doesn't contract at the right time your leg will be unstable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Actavis Totowa (formerly known as Amide Pharmaceutical, Inc.) recalls all lots of Ber Sithie 5 5,210 05-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Sithie
  More fentenayl recalls Sithie 1 2,107 03-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Sithie